Thread: Stress Test

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Yeah that there isn't a guy who selects everyone individually is certain, but saying the invites are coming randomly is just straight up wrong.
    Well by nature of their statement and how it works - it kind of is random, but not from entire accounts pool and they have been clear on that. They set up what their require (based on opt in info you have uploaded) and then its random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    How is that random?
    We need X people in the beta for the first wave / stress test. We got Y people who opted in. Y is waaaaaaaaaaaay bigger then X.
    We gotta select X players from Y.

Do you think they hand picked each or they just let the computer pick X players from the giant pool?
    Bar the streamers / influencers ofc, they were hand picked like every first wave. We're just talking normal players here.

Also remember they will need to add more waves of people in the future, prior to Open Beta. Do you think those won't be random as well, especially if it's a bigger number then now, and we expect it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Ah yep your right. Still a bit of a let down only 5 levels. Won't even be able to finish the starter zone, 10 would have made more sense.
    No, 5 makes more sense. 5 keeps people in a more limited number of zones. Instead of leaving the starting area they will create a new character and stay in the same zone. That is the point of the stress test. I know it is popular on these boards to act like Blizzard is just a bunch of idiots, but it this is a professional engineering team that has specific reasons for making the decisions they do. The point of this test is to make the actual launch be as good of an experience as possible, not to tickle the fancy of players who just can't wait.

haha we stress testing the server login screen?

also got d/c logging in, had to requeue

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    haha we stress testing the server login screen?

also got d/c logging in, had to requeue
    I'm on like my 5th time through the queue, this is definitely a stress test as its successfully stressing me out.

Can't even log into the server (working as intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatt View Post
    I wonder how many people sub just to play for 24hrs..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Considering it is by invite only, and they'd be subbing for a chance at the stress test, not guaranteed access, not many.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol this is definitely the classic experience.

Login Queue times: Check
    Disconnects After Queue: Check
    Login Queue Times: check
    Login Queue Times: Check
    Server Locked: Check
    Disconnect: Check
    Charaction Creation Timeout: Check
    Disconnet: Check
    Retrieving Real List Forever: Check

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Position in queue: 2006
    Estimated login time: 3 mins
    then you get d/c and have to start again

now no servers are up for me

now they have locked it, lol
    Last edited by Othraerir; 2019-05-22 at 11:55 PM.

I'm gonna keep stubbornly trying to get in until 6pm PST, when hopefully all the people who think the server is only up for those 2 hours will stop hammering the log in server.

Go home boys, no-one's going to be playing Classic tonight. As for me I've got underpants to wash.

Nice to see they whitelisted the people who already have beta. Cant have streamers sit in queue all day . Sad for normal people tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Lol this is definitely the classic experience.

Login Queue times: Check
    Login Queue Times: check
    Server Locked: Check
    Disconnect: Check
    Charaction Creation Timeout: Check
    Disconnet: Check
    Retrieving Real List Forever: Check
    lol yep same for me

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Well, this has certainly turned out to be a let down. 2 hour window which for Oceanic players is 9am on a Wednesday morning when pretty much everyone will either be at school/uni or work. I know they can't cater for everyone and time zones etc, but a 2 hour window? and it doesn't count as a regular invite either, those invited to stress test won't be able to play the closed beta after as it looks to be a completely different server. I expected the stress to be open for a couple days as indicated with their schedule.

This is the biggest let down since the last few episodes of GoT Season 8 (while this is a joke please don't post spoilers here, I've seen it but others possibly haven't).
    uff m8 i hope you will get the help you need soon and get rid of your depression because of a tv series and no beta invite (

how can be people sad that they dont waste their time jumping around for 2hours in a stresstest?

At least you got into the stress test........

10+ Year Old Account
    So I checked, all the streamers are in, I get dc'd after queue runs down, realm is locked or offline. Thanks for the invite...

It is a stress test I guess, I do understand why streamers get priority.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    At least you got into the stress test........
    But did he?
    Stress Test sounds like expansion launch day for WoD, actually unplayable for quite a while.