Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question What's your opinion of the Tauren/Gnome Heritage quests?

From what I've seen, they're pretty underwhelming compared to the dwarf or belf ones, but what's everyone else's opinions?
    Twas brillig

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you actually played them?

I am really liking the Tauren one and I will get it asap.

Boring. Could be because I have neither race. But I got a Highmountain Tauren with quite the similar Heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Have you actually played them?
    No, but having seen screens of the quests on the PTR, they're very underwhelming. Just some random ghosts bothering kodo for the Tauren, and the gnomes get... well, slightly better in that they actually get an airforce, but there's no PASSION in the Tauren's quests at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofisdead View Post
    I am really liking the Tauren one and I will get it asap.
    Not the look of the armor the QUESTS
    Twas brillig

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both are cool but I'm not sure why are the Tauren wearing so many feathers, or why they like that eagle so much.

It feels more like a Skytotem thing. Shouldn't it be more Kodo-themed or something? o_o Is there any Eagle in the quest?

I will probably never be able to tell you about them, since I can't stand either of those 2 races.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the Gnome one. I just hope the Goblin one looks just as good.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are both just decent. I don't really expect anything extravagant or interesting with Heritage Armor quests. To be honest I had expected them to be worse than they have been so far (not saying they are currently bad bad).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    From what I've seen, they're pretty underwhelming compared to the dwarf or belf ones, but what's everyone else's opinions?
    I'll tell you once they are available for players outside of testing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Dwarf heritage quest wasn't exactly spectacular either. I don't think these quests were ever intended to be anything big, just a little bit of extra bonus content. No point in judging it as bad/good.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    No, but having seen screens of the quests on the PTR, they're very underwhelming. Just some random ghosts bothering kodo for the Tauren, and the gnomes get... well, slightly better in that they actually get an airforce, but there's no PASSION in the Tauren's quests at all.
    AKA huge foreshadowing for the upcoming ghost patch or expansion. They directly state that the Shadowlands (or however the Tauren call it) is out of whack and stuff is coming out of it.

It's secretly the most important heritage quest.

Not the look of the armor the QUESTS
    Damn reading is hard

Gnome is about as good as dwarf or blood elf. Tauren is a nice little quest chain with what I can only assume is more foreshadowing about the Shadowlands, but I feel like it would be better suited as a general quest chain for that very reason. Would have preferred something showing how the tauren lived before meeting Thrall and how joining the Horde has benefited them for their heritage armor quests.

Made me roll a gnome. more because of the armor. I played both quest lines on the ptr, and i really liked them. but its nothing compared to the war campaign. not underwhelming, but not breathtaking either
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    AKA huge foreshadowing for the upcoming ghost patch or expansion. They directly state that the Shadowlands (or however the Tauren call it) is out of whack and stuff is coming out of it.

It's secretly the most important heritage quest.
    It's very generic though. "Go here, kill x" and very little flavor for the tauren.

It could be a quest for any race and be redone in any zone with any other animal, it has no particular meaning to the Tauren.
    Twas brillig

Requirements for Tauren character
    Must be level 120
    Exalted with Thunderbluff
    Exalted with Zandalari Empire (Required for Vol’jin Questline)
    Exalted with the Honorbound (for War Campaign)
    Completed the Vol’jin Questline (Which is tied into the War Campaign)
    Beat Ghuun from Uldir in at least LFR difficulty
    Beat Jaina Proudmoore from Battle of Dazar’alor in at least LFR difficulty
    Completed the “Ready for War” War Campaign from 8.0
    Completed the “Tides of Vengeance” War Campaign from 8.1
    Completed the quest “Stay of Execuion” from the War Campaign from 8.2
    Completed a short race-related quest.
    Oh and for the Tauren, this must be all completed on the same character.

Gnomes just have: "Be level 120", "Be exalted with Gnomregan", and "complete a short questline related to their race".

Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    Requirements for Tauren character
    Must be level 120
    Exalted with Thunderbluff
    Exalted with Zandalari Empire (Required for Vol’jin Questline)
    Exalted with the Honorbound (for War Campaign)
    Completed the Vol’jin Questline (Which is tied into the War Campaign)
    Beat Ghuun from Uldir in at least LFR difficulty
    Beat Jaina Proudmoore from Battle of Dazar’alor in at least LFR difficulty
    Completed the “Ready for War” War Campaign from 8.0
    Completed the “Tides of Vengeance” War Campaign from 8.1
    Completed the quest “Stay of Execuion” from the War Campaign from 8.2
    Completed a short race-related quest.
    Oh and for the Tauren, this must be all completed on the same character.
    Really? Well, the raid requirement will be a problem for people who rolls a Tauren a few expansion from now. How easy is it to find people to raid old content? Why is Blizzard putting raids as part of a requirement for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Really? Well, the raid requirement will be a problem for people who rolls a Tauren a few expansion from now. How easy is it to find people to raid old content? Why is Blizzard putting raids as part of a requirement for everything.
    A few expansions from now the raids will be soloable especially on normal. Hell, it will probably only be 1 expac until it’s soloable.

That is a ton of requirements though. A lot of them will be completed passively if you actually played on a Tauren but unless you race change you’d have to do all that from scratch which is a tall order for heritage armor imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    it pairs well with the shitty rest they create