Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love how you don't even have to look in what country this happened.

Why are Americans so paranoid and violent?

Something like this happening is unthinkable over here. Fuck, someone could shoot with a paint ball gun at actual people here and not get murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Imagine being naive enough to think only criminals get shot in fucking America of all places.
    Not only criminals get shot, but if you're not engaged in a criminal lifestyle (or involved/living with one) your odds of being shot in America plummet drastically.

Edited.
    Last edited by triplesdsu; 2019-05-22 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Not only criminals get shot, but if you're not engaged in a criminal lifestyle (or involved/living with one) your odds of being shot in America plummet drastically.

Edited.
    Oh yes, it's a good thing this guy got this "dangerous criminal" with his paintball gun off the street and into a bodybag where he so rightfully belongs...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Because of Texas' castle laws he will most likely not be convicted for killing the 19 year old. I'd think there would be a good chance he'd get charged for the shots fired at the vehicle though.

Also, as someone who lived in Houston for 8 years I'd love to know what part of Houston this happened in. There are plenty of neighborhoods there I would be afraid to live in.

EDIT: Found it...east side of Houston in a fairly dangerous area. Still don't know why he thought a paintball gun was a firearm as they sound nothing alike, but based off where they live he was probably already jumpy.
    Last edited by sil3ntearth; 2019-05-22 at 08:20 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    [IMG]https://paintball.tippmannparts.com/photos/products/12280-2.jpg

[IMG]http://sgws3productimages.azureedge.net/sgwproductimages/images/144/2-6-2019/5441399671246LT.jpg

Yeah...nothing alike.

Maybe if they looked like this you would have a point....

[IMG]https://now.estarland.com/images/products/95/14495/131058.jpg
    The big ole paintball chamber slapped onto the top isn't a give away?

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Imagine living in a country where you have to fear that everyone around you is armed, and people shoot first and ask later, lol.
    Imagine thinking this is a normal response? Looks like a lot of folks are already trying to justify the murder.
    Common sense is not common at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The big ole paintball chamber slapped onto the top isn't a give away?
    Hard to see at night time. However, you would be able to tell from the sound and lack of muzzle flash. All you have to do is fire a handgun at night without hearing protection to know how LOUD and stunning a firearm is going off in the dark.
    Last edited by sil3ntearth; 2019-05-22 at 08:28 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

[IMG]https://paintball.tippmannparts.com/photos/products/12280-2.jpg

[IMG]http://sgws3productimages.azureedge.net/sgwproductimages/images/144/2-6-2019/5441399671246LT.jpg

Yeah...nothing alike.

[IMG]https://now.estarland.com/images/products/95/14495/131058.jpg
    Love how all you can do is grab pictures of paintball guns made by one manufacturer and pretend that's the industry standard...And even so....big fucking hopper on top of the thing and the CO2 tank on the back is a pretty dead giveaway.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...t-of-the-world

Yeah, "Murica is pretty bad. But it could be worse.
    "At least we're not as bad as Columbia" isn't much of a defense.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

My opinion depends on what the paintball guns looked like. Even then that's quite the quick and ballsy response to approach the "threat" and then shoot to kill. Looks like textbook 2nd degree so far.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...t-of-the-world

Yeah, "Murica is pretty bad. But it could be worse.
    rotfl, even afghanistan and iraq are safer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    When your house is being shot and you see something that looks like a gun flashed you know instantly it's a paintball gun? You never shot a gun in your life have you? I bet you never even held one.
    A paintball doesn't sound like a bullet. If someone shoots a paintball at a house, which I have actually done, it sounds similar to throwing an egg hard at a house, which I have also done. It sounds shit all like a bullet, and that's just the impact - not even getting into the actual gun/paintball marker firing.

As for it looking like a real gun vs looking like a hopper-fed paintball marker - we won't really know til they tell us. However, hopper-fed markers are incredibly easy to instantly recognize and to anyone who owns and is around guns (ie: the homeowner, if he's responsible) they would certainly not be mistaken for an actual gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah...nothing alike.

When have you ever seen an actual gun with a giant hopper and CO2 tank attached to them? I mean really, unless you thought they were laser guns or something you're totally out to lunch.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I do not think that anyone would say that that man DESERVED to die. The reality of it is though, if he would have stayed home instead of assaulting someone's home then he would not have been shot. Do you think that he made a good choice? Once again, he did not deserve to die, but bad choices raise a persons chances of meeting with a bad outcome.

He did not deserve to die for his actions, but I can empathize with the man that for whatever reason felt that his home and family was under some form of assault. It is for a jury to decide if he was being just murderous or felt that he was defending his home. If a group of seemingly armed people were aiming at my home with my family in it, I hope that I have the awareness in that moment to verify from a distance exactly what they are armed with while in that state of panic.

Before I get flamed, I am not trying to defend, just saying that I empathize for him given the situation he was forced into. The guys with the paintball guns chose to be in a confrontational situation. Of course they did not do it thinking they would be shot and killed, but when you force confrontation on another person you can not say with certainty what reaction you will receive. It is best to just leave other people alone and not cause trouble.
    Last edited by Pooti; 2019-05-22 at 10:14 PM.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    Never seen a paintball gun that remotely looked or sounded like an actual gun. Even the ones that are roughly modeled after real guns have massive ball hoppers and CO2 canisters. Any gun owner should know the difference.
    This. Yes sure idiot kids shouldn't be shooting paintballs at someones house, but every paintball gun I've seen looked like a paintball gun. Unless they show a picture of the paintball gun and it looks completely legit then he should be charged.

This involves fire arms in Texas. I live here. That means he has to be found innocent because of guns.

my friends and i shot paintballs at random houses when we were teens. it was fun then, but yeah you can't really fault the homeowner if they thought they were being shot at with actual guns.

one of the many stupid things i did that i feel fortunate to sneak away from unscathed...
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    my friends and i shot paintballs at random houses when we were teens. it was fun then, but yeah you can't really fault the homeowner if they thought they were being shot at with actual guns.

one of the many stupid things i did that i feel fortunate to sneak away from unscathed...
    You can when you understand that paintball guns don't look or sound like actual guns. Any "responsible gun owner" should be able to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Imagine living in a country where you have to fear that everyone around you is armed, and people shoot first and ask later, lol.
    Imagine living in a country where you CANT shoot criminals. its unbelievable. As others told you, if you behave you won't be shot. Why is this concept so difficult for Europe and liberals?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This was minor vandalism, by the kid. At best. Maybe not even that, if the paint's water-soluble and they didn't break anything.

Responding to that with lethal fucking force is just . . . fuck.

Guy needs to be in prison for 2nd degree murder.
    Thankfully its Texas. The guy responded correctly. If the 19 year old man had not fired paint at his house he would be alive today.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You can when you understand that paintball guns don't look or sound like actual guns. Any "responsible gun owner" should be able to tell the difference.
    Watch this video and some of his other ones and tell me at night in a stress situation you could tell some of those apart from real weapons. Yes they dont sound as loud but who has actually been shot at here? would you know the difference and would you really just stand there going "mm, maybe it's a paintball gun..lets wait and see if it hurts when it hits me :P"

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post

Edited.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You're way more likely to get shot doing criminal activity, statistics tells you that.
    Right, obviously. Not being a criminal isn't going to stop you from being murdered from some gun nut/school shooter/racist/terrorist/"home owner" though. That's something you'll only experience in two parts of the world: the US and war zones.

Safer? Lol yeah beheadings are much safer.
    yep, they are safer xD
    think, warzones are safer than us, lol