Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how do you guys complain about the lack of things to do in BFA is beyond me

I got you with the title right ? yeah, thanks to BFA and because of "the lack of stuff to do with it", I diverted my entire attention to collecting old Xmog, and I was able to collect a LOT of tier & dungeon sets, low drop items, I got both Azzinoth Glaives, I got Gorehowl, I got many famous Lore Weapons, I finished collecting entire sets for many of my alts, this was the only time in my entire play time that I dedicated myself into collecting Xmog stuff..

thank you BFA

Not everyone has the same interrests. For people not interrested in collecting stuff, there is a lot less to do then someone like me, or yourself, that like to collect stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadiHD View Post
    I got you with the title right ? yeah, thanks to BFA and because of "the lack of stuff to do with it", I diverted my entire attention to collecting old Xmog, and I was able to collect a LOT of tier & dungeon sets, low drop items, I got both Azzinoth Glaives, I got Gorehowl, I got many famous Lore Weapons, I finished collecting entire sets for many of my alts, this was the only time in my entire play time that I dedicated myself into collecting Xmog stuff..

thank you BFA
    Glad you are staying subbed to get your transmogs. Good for you.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-22 at 06:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Come on OP. It's MMO-Champion.com

If people are not complaining, there is something severely wrong.

Just remember this: back when Legion was live, there were 2 threads on the front page of General Discussions for weeks, very active threads.

Thread #1 was "There is too much to do in Legion" and the other was "Not enough content in Legion, WTF BLIZZ?"

10+ Year Old Account

thank you BFA
    Literally EVERYTHING you listed is obtained in expansions other than BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally dont complain about the lack of things.

i am just triggered by their manipulative approach that borders blackmail.
    as well as the gambling aspect of many rewards.

the fact that any type of progression you want to do has a must-do minimum, and a maximum-allowed, amount of progression.
    so you cant just login and do whatever you feel like, without being "punished".
    you must follow blizzard's suggested schedule.

even on professions and reps of older expansions.. ffs.

and the fact that Blizzard's reward system is based on time rather than skill.
    all those repeatable chores are not only boring, but incredibly unchallenging.

i dont like blizzard dictating how often i login and what i do while in.
    if to get a reward i need "100 work", i should be allowed to put in that work however i like.
    not being forced to kill one rat at minimum and at maximum, each day, for 100 days.
    routine is not fun.

i dont want to be told which item i HAVE to get when i rank up in PvP.
    with silly one-per-day bonus honor for wins.

and i dont want to play slot machine once per week.

paying, and being manipulated.
    how can you not be triggered?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post

the fact that any type of progression you want to do has a must-do minimum, and a maximum-allowed, amount of progression.

if to get a reward i need "100 work", i should be allowed to put in that work however i like.
    not being forced to kill one rat at minimum and at maximum, each day, for 100 days.
    routine is not fun.

So you hate WoW as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Literally EVERYTHING you listed is obtained in expansions other than BfA.
    imagine not sensing the sarcasm in the post

Quote Originally Posted by KLOCKWERK View Post
    Come on OP. It's MMO-Champion.com

If people are not complaining, there is something severely wrong.

Just remember this: back when Legion was live, there were 2 threads on the front page of General Discussions for weeks, very active threads.

Thread #1 was "There is too much to do in Legion" and the other was "Not enough content in Legion, WTF BLIZZ?"
    to be honest I haven't really been complaining about it at all, I just liked to approach it sarcastically, I did enjoy bfa, but for the most part, I used the free time to get a motivation for collecting old stuff

it's quite simple. i've played wow for 10 years with only 2 breaks (once at the start of mop and once at the end of wod when my raid group died). i am a rather hardcore player when i get into something. for example, i was playing about 8-10 hours of wow a day (when i wasn't working or needed to do school work) when bfa first launched. i am now at a point where i have done all the current quests, i have killed bod on heroic (and some on mythic) and my guild doesn't really care about crucible. that leaves me with playing alts, farming transmog, farming mounts, and making gold. considering i have been doing those things for 10 years (nearly 10 in the case of xmog), i'm quite bored of farming old content.

i have nothing i want to do. i actually checked yesterday and 8.1 was 6 months ago. that is way too long without a major patch. 4-5 months is the sweet spot in my opinion. i'm at a point where i don't want to mythic raid because of prior experiences, i don't pvp because i don't find it fun, and i don't want to farm old content for what could be literally the millionth time.

there comes a point where there isn't anything meaningful to do.

What a dumb fucking post. You could get all of that shit in other expansions, "thanks BFA"!

When people say there's nothing to do they don't mean that there's nothing to do. They mean that there's nothing to do they can enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post

routine is not fun.

You're on to something here. Blizzard has really gone out of their way to manufacture the player's experience and BFA feels VERY contrived.

The only real decision the players get to make is whether or not they're going to play the game. Talents for most specs are cookie cutter, azerite traits don't impact gameplay enough for there to be any real decision. I play 6 classes currently and the only one I can think off hand where I actually changed up my talents/azerite traits is my holy pally. After I got a few glimmer of light pieces there was no more choice to be made.

The talk of player agency lately is somewhat ironic. Blizz has started to introduce player agency in a couple of quests during an expansion where players don't get to make any other decisions.

I don't play for only World of Collection Craft, i want to play a damn MMORPG which is what BfA isn't.

That's not BFA content though.

Though I guess technically as I was leveling all those alts in Legion for the order hall questlines, the experience of leveling those alts (which took a while) wasn't technically legion content. Still, it was working towards Legion content, which your example isn't.

There's certainly a lot of collectibles from warfronts and island expeditions and the like, but I feel like they added the currency system too late. I'm long sick of the content by the time they added in something that would actually motivate me to grind it out.

I’ve got plenty to do when I play the game. If I want to I will do pet battles and go for achieves. If I want to do mount runs or xmog runs I do those. I raid with my guild. I run m+ if it suits me. I level and gear up alts.
    When I am not doing those things I *gasp* do something else with my time.
    I never understood this “nothing to do mentality.” Do you run to forums complaining you ran out of things to do after the first time you beat Resident Evil or the latest Mario (just to name 2)?
    To say there’s nothing for you to do is simple opinion. You don’t like the game, move on. If you like it, keep playing. In your downtime, do something else. There’s other things in life than WoW for people to act like this one sole game is supposed to give them 24/7 entertainment every single day from the moment each xpac is released.

[casual]

I don't have time for mythics & raids. I maxed out reputations and questlines.

I think BfA misses some challenging organized outdoor pve, like a very difficult reputation to max out, with interesting rewards.

[/casual]

10+ Year Old Account

thank you BFA
    Yeah, umm... doing old shit isn't new content. I'm tired of this argument because it isn't a valid point.

So many people in this thread with their broken sarcasm detectors.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    So many people in this thread with their broken sarcasm detectors.
    Seriously. To call the people on this forum tone-deaf is probably the kindest way I can describe it.

It's every post, too. Obvious joke/sarcasm/bait threads get pages of serious replies.

I think it's fine for someone like Asmongold to say "i have nothing to do" when he's like 100% all the things, has played and mained his warrior for 15 years and experienced both the highs in PVP and PVE. However I find it incredibly funny when his followers or what I call the "8k achievement points - no content" people complain about nothing to do when they've done nothing at all.

Personally I felt BFA was a lot less grindy than some expansions in the past and it gave me the time to finish something like The Insane, which I've been wanting to do for a long time. I don't really see it as a bad thing personally.