Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Well no place is perfect but ill take the positives of living in the US over the negatives of not. I own guns and dont engage in criminal behavior so im really not worried about being shot minding my own business. .
    Well, when it comes to the barbaric countries like Iraq and the US, you're either the victim or the murderer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Paintball markers are fake guns now? I guess Nerf guns are too then.
    Some kid got suspended for making a finger gun, so yeah.

I bet if you had a dozen people firing paintballs at your house you'd be pretty fucking scared. Paintballs can seriously pack a punch, even more so if you freeze them or alter them and fire them at max velocity. Not to say that the dude is in the right for killing the kid, but if there's any reasonable doubt then the guy gets off of murder/any major charge. Pretty easy for a lawyer to argue such a case

People like to make fun of the U.S for shit, but it's a two way road. I'll take my freedom and fringe chance of murder over an authoritarian government(s) that restrict fucking memes and god knows what else.
    Last edited by Foosha; 2019-05-22 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Imagine living in a country where you have to fear that everyone around you is armed, and people shoot first and ask later, lol.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Imagine being so fucking stupid that in such a country you shoot paint balls at a house.
    Yeah I don't get why anyone would pay with toy guns in a country where they glorify guns at that level.

Pissing people off, intentionally.

Natural selection at play.

Pissing people off, intentionally, with a weapon.

Major natural selection at play.

Pissing people off, intentionally, with a weapon, in a country where a shit ton of people are armed.

GIGA natural selection at play.

Imagine living in a country where you have to fear that everyone around you is armed, and people shoot first and ask later, lol.
    imagine not shooting up people's houses with paintballs, or imagine shooting up people's houses with paint balls and there being no repercussions. the teens need to be charged with vandalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yeah I don't get why anyone would pay with toy guns in a country where they glorify guns at that level.
    It's kind of just asking for it. Either you chance them being mistaken for the real thing, especial if it fire some form of projectile like a paint ball gun or you just chance getting shot any way for being a bullying twat.

Suicide by stupidity.

xD yes, because us law abiding citizens who carry see how many points we can rack up on our way to work every morning /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I don't get involved in criminal activity so I don't fear anything.
    It also helps not being a minority, huh Zenkai?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

how the hell do you "mistake" paintball gun for a real gun. the guy said they were shooting his house. There is a HUGE difference between paintballs splatting on the outside of the house and bullets literally going through it, not to even mention the sound between the two. There is literally zero way anyone with half a brain would not know the difference. Sounds like the guy wanted to teach them a lesson and got way carried away... or is just a terrible human needing an excuse.

I don't think any charges will be filed.

“Texas” says it all...

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    Watch this video and some of his other ones and tell me at night in a stress situation you could tell some of those apart from real weapons. Yes they dont sound as loud but who has actually been shot at here? would you know the difference and would you really just stand there going "mm, maybe it's a paintball gun..lets wait and see if it hurts when it hits me :P"
    I said earlier i might not be able to determine that the sounds of paintballs splatting on my house were exactly that...but I also wouldn't mistake that sound for being gunshots either. It would sound more like a hail storm than a drive-by shooting. I've fired guns and I've fired paintball guns...and I was never even slightly confused about the difference between the two. I would imagine that a "responsible gun owner" would be even more familiar with the sounds of gunfire than I am.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    how the hell do you "mistake" paintball gun for a real gun. the guy said they were shooting his house. There is a HUGE difference between paintballs splatting on the outside of the house and bullets literally going through it, not to even mention the sound between the two. There is literally zero way anyone with half a brain would not know the difference. Sounds like the guy wanted to teach them a lesson and got way carried away... or is just a terrible human needing an excuse.
    How would he tell the difference if his house had never been shot at before? Some paintball guns can make a loud noise and depending on the siding makeup of the house, may sound loud also.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I never really get the entire "shoot to kill" mentality, that seems to be in the US. Unless you have a reason for somebody to shoot at you or your house, i would more use my weapen to scare them away. Going out with the intent to actually kill somebody dead in a family neighborhood, is insane in my mind.

But if things goes as always, the father will proberly not found guilty of anything because he thought they had real weapons and that he was in danger of being killed.
    Shooting to scare has a higher possibility of getting you killed than shoot to kill.

If you are shooting to scare, where exactly are you pointing the weapon when you squeeze off a round? Do you know for certain the projectile isn't going to hit another innocence?
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I said earlier i might not be able to determine that the sounds of paintballs splatting on my house were exactly that...but I also wouldn't mistake that sound for being gunshots either. It would sound more like a hail storm than a drive-by shooting. I've fired guns and I've fired paintball guns...and I was never even slightly confused about the difference between the two. I would imagine that a "responsible gun owner" would be even more familiar with the sounds of gunfire than I am.
    It may sound strange and not saying it is the case with this homeowner, but some who own guns have never fired them. Paintballs hitting my house would not sound the same as bullets because ours is brick veneer over cement block. Not all homes are like that however.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Shooting to scare has a higher possibility of getting you killed than shoot to kill.

If you are shooting to scare, where exactly are you pointing the weapon when you squeeze off a round? Do you know for certain the projectile isn't going to hit another innocence?
    Tough question... Maybe to the sky?
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Tough question... Maybe to the sky?
    What goes up must come down.

It's also illegal.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    What does it mean "behave"? In this scenario those were people with paintball guns just messing around. Was their "misbehaviour" big enough for them to be shot at? Is there a tangible line that separates "acceptable behaviour" and "you can actually shoot this person"?

It shouldn't be so easy to hide behind law in such scenario. Law is created SPECIFICALLY against such situations, so for shooting paintball at someones house you get punishment that matches the severity. Saying "you shouldn't mess around, or you might get shot, who knows" is dangerously close to lynching.

And guess what, in Europe (and "liberals", whatever you mean") this shit doesn't happen. If a shooting happens in school it's big news, not "oh, another one?". Kids playing Pokemon Go don't get murdered for trespassing when they move 1 yard into "your territory". Seems like a better idea.
    If you don't trespass you don't get shot. Trespassing is a crime. If you don't shoot people's houses with paint you don't get shot. Vandalism is a crime. Why is being a decent citizen so hard? I've never been shot or shot at. Everyone around me has guns. Nor do I know anyone who has been shot at. Just don't do bad stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post

Yeah. You never shoot to scare someone. The only time I will pull out my firearm and point it at anyone is if they are in the act of attacking me. You never pull a firearm out unless you mean to use it.