Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, ridiculing their politics is banned. And I have absolutely no issue with that whatsoever.
    Quite a short leash to be on
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think that ridiculing politics makes sure that people don't take it seriously.
    People treat politics as a soccer match, or as the Eurovision.. As if it's all about your side winning, without any real life consequences.
    But lives are being ruined, tons of people are dying worldwide. And all of that is the result of political decisions!

I see late-night talkshow hosts making fun of Trump. I see the alt-right ridiculing leftists..
    But I also see people in the US dying because they cannot afford housing, food and medicine.
    I see people dying in the middle east and everywhere in the world because politicians are flexing muscles.
    I don't disagree with this

So perhaps it's time people took it a bit more serious?
    Making ridicule illegal isn't a step in the right direction though. Anything the 'powers that be' don't like/want to hear could be filed under that, and then used to suppress the people. For me its not too different than people screaming 'fake news' at something to make it go away (whether true or not), except the people don't get arrested/fined for their dissenting opinions and claims.
    Last edited by Derpules; 2019-05-23 at 12:56 AM. Reason: MFing Grammar
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yes, china oppresses it's citizens and tries to remove history. Boy if that guy gets caught, talk about getting a social credit score drop and going to re-education camp.
    none of the people i know feel "oppressed" in china

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They might be trying to convey a message but it looks tacky. Comical to the point that it is counterproductive to the cause.

If I was statesman I would laugh at it and say, 'really, that's the best they can come up with?'
    If they could laugh off criticism like that they'd be in a much better position. Instead they'll probably continue the trend from that hissy fit over being compared to Winnie The Pooh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They might be trying to convey a message but it looks tacky. Comical to the point that it is counterproductive to the cause.

If I was statesman I would laugh at it and say, 'really, that's the best they can come up with?'
    Their president gets upset about winnie the pooh and if you even view anything about the massacre your internet gets shut down and the party visits your house and arrests you. I'd say this is enough.

I do think that ridiculing politics makes sure that people don't take it seriously.
    People treat politics as a soccer match, or as the Eurovision.. As if it's all about your side winning, without any real life consequences.
    But lives are being ruined, tons of people are dying worldwide. And all of that is the result of political decisions!

I see late-night talkshow hosts making fun of Trump. I see the alt-right ridiculing leftists..
    But I also see people in the US dying because they cannot afford housing, food and medicine.
    I see people dying in the middle east and everywhere in the world because politicians are flexing muscles.

So perhaps it's time people took it a bit more serious?
    But the only one here that is making a joke out of politics is you. The massacre happened a stone throw away so therefore it didn't happen? Even the Chinese government isn't denying that it happened even if they are a little light footed with the figures.

If you can just erase the death of thousands of people to make a political point perhaps don't make statements like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    who banned Winnie the Pooh
    Actually, no. Winnie the Pooh stickers are, for example, still up, usable, and popular on WeChat.

if you even view anything about the massacre your internet gets shut down and the party visits your house and arrests you.
    Hi, my ISP has me down as a 35 year old Chinese female since Pink set up the account in her name. No, nobody comes and visits my apartment, let alone arrests me.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2019-05-23 at 01:45 AM. Reason: avoiding chain posting
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You will literally claim anything negative about China is a lie, so what is the point in responding to you? You will defend anything and everything they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Right so you can't ridicule their president for life who banned Winnie the Pooh.

And that's equivalent to something that happens in the west because ____ therefore China is justified, and that makes logical sense in your brain.

- - - Updated - - -

Free Tibet.
    Free tibet? You are like a little baby watch this:

Free turkmenistan.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds an awful lot like you're ridiculing politics. You shouldn't be allowed to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGoblin View Post
    none of the people i know feel "oppressed" in china
    None of the unicorns I know are fictitious.

Anecdotal evidence is garbage, c'mon now.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Yeah, agreed. They'd have been better with a few blown-up prints, or a mural of some kind.
    So what, does shit have to be Picasco level to make whatever arbitrary level of productivity that you and @PACOX have?

I don't get it.

How many Chinese dissidents do you know?

Exactly.
    lol, "dissidents" are where they belong.
    China needs no americanized idiots stirring up trouble

Thanks for exactly proving my entire point. Much appreciated.

Also being a dissident isn't an "American" thing, it's a "human being" thing. People disagree with things, and should be allowed to voice their disagreement without being thrown in prisons or being told they are "stirring up trouble" (brainwashed speak for the person dissenting was asking for whatever happened to them)
    it is american thing because theyre promoting american propaganda
    those "dissidents" are "oppressed" in prisons just as criminals are "oppressed" in any other country.

Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    inb4 our resident 'China did nothing wrong' posters.

I'd say it's a good thing to keep reminding people of the terrible things others did that they deny. China is going to throw a hissy fit anyways. Did the Taiwanese government endorse it?
    I learned just a couple days ago randomly browsing wikipedia that Brad Pitt has been forbidden from entering China and declared persona non grata for starring in a movie which portrayed a young Dalai Lama in a positive way. So too were his costar and even the director. China will do anything and everything to silence any talk they disapprove of. Acknowledge Taiwan is a thing? Punished. Talk about Tibet? Punished. Only groups I know of that do this more than China is some middle eastern states. I remember reading that athletes from a few countries dropped out of the Olympics rather than compete against athletes from Israel, as they claimed it would be a form of acknowledging it.

Reality is hard for people who live in a bubble to comprehend, but nonetheless is still exists for the rest of us.
    Not sure if that "people in a bubble" comment was a jab aimed at me for being unaware of the Pitt thing, or about something else.

It was directed at the people who are denying anything is wrong with China, and people living in oppressive governments, or just people having their views challenged.

It wasn't directed at you specifically at all. If anything I was agreeing with you.
    Ah, like flat-earthers, anti-vaxxers, holocaust deniers (both jewish and armenian). I've often pondered if the world would be radically different if we stuck with Taiwan instead of switching our support to PRC decades ago because of money. But PRC claims they're the only China. If you do business with Taiwan they won't do business with you.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    So what, does shit have to be Picasco level to make whatever arbitrary level of productivity that you and @PACOX have?

I don't get it.
    No, but a big inflatable balloon seems a bit inappropriate is all. I'm not upset, I just think it's a pretty low effort representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    Free tibet? You are like a little baby watch this:

Free turkmenistan.
    Has been since 1991.

Taiwan is in China's crosshairs, so them not letting China's crimes be forgotten is only a good thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    So last century. If you want to get China's leadership attention it's all about the Winna Tha Poo now.