Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    If you don't trespass you don't get shot. Trespassing is a crime. If you don't shoot people's houses with paint you don't get shot. Vandalism is a crime. Why is being a decent citizen so hard? I've never been shot or shot at. Everyone around me has guns. Nor do I know anyone who has been shot at. Just don't do bad stuff.
    Imagine being a kid and being stupid. Dear god, you guys defending the guy are the weirdest.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I'm imagining you out in the street with a rifle ready to shoot Jay walkers and cars going over the speed limit.
    Jay walking and going 5mph over the limit isn't the same as rapid firing paint into my house. But I guess that is a difficult concept for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Imagine being a kid and being stupid. Dear god, you guys defending the guy are the weirdest.
    Survival of the fittest. It's evolution. Dumb kids weed themselves out of the gene pool.

I'm defending the guy that returned fire at another >person< who was opening fire, with a fire arm, on his house, where is kid/family was because he didn't want to take the chance of going up and first examining the firearm to see if it was a real threat (as if that thought would even be going through your mind in that situation).

I would have reacted the exact same way.

EDIT: And in response to the stupid "splat" comments I've been reading in other post... we don't live in a cartoon world. Paintballs don't make splat sounds.
    Last edited by Carnedge; 2019-05-23 at 12:18 AM.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It may sound strange and not saying it is the case with this homeowner, but some who own guns have never fired them. Paintballs hitting my house would not sound the same as bullets because ours is brick veneer over cement block. Not all homes are like that however.
    Paintballs hitting any hard surface are going to sound different than bullets. It doesn't matter if it's brick veneer or plywood. Not to mention the actual sound of a paintball gun is more like "PFFT" than "BANG!".

Also, any responsible gun owner should have taken their gun to the range at least once...otherwise you could be just as much a danger to your family as the people you are afraid of. Why keep a deadly weapon around if you're not familiar with how to use it?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Fucking paintballs hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Fucking paintballs hurt...
    ...significantly less than fucking bullets do.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    ...significantly less than fucking bullets do.
    Not if the person shooting the bullet is a decent shot.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This was minor vandalism, by the kid. At best. Maybe not even that, if the paint's water-soluble and they didn't break anything.

Responding to that with lethal fucking force is just . . . fuck.

Guy needs to be in prison for 2nd degree murder.
    Here's an idea...dont shoot anything at the house. Did the homeowner at the time have ANY clue what EXACTLY was going on, or are you judging the person based on AFTER the incident where known facts are finally established?

Getting really tired of "He was just paintballing" "it was JUST a gallon of gas" "You got your money back from the fraud so whats the problem"

Do ANY of you consider what happens AFTER the "minor incident?" My case of fraud cost me time and money. Sure I got the $300 back they initially stole, but I had to miss 4 hrs work and got a late payment on one of my credit cards cause I forgot to update my auto withdraw info. O but I bet THAT was my fault to cause I didnt change my info....after a crime was committed against me.

Quit defending the idiots no matter how small the crime was cause the victim should be the actual victim and not the one who CHOSE to break the law

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Jay walking and going 5mph over the limit isn't the same as rapid firing paint into my house. But I guess that is a difficult concept for you.
    You are correct. The first two have a non-zero chance of causing actual harm.

The 'I was scared for my life' thing is nonsense. Why would you run towards the thing you are mortally afraid of?

Paintballs hitting any hard surface are going to sound different than bullets. It doesn't matter if it's brick veneer or plywood. Not to mention the actual sound of a paintball gun is more like "PFFT" than "BANG!".

Also, any responsible gun owner should have taken their gun to the range at least once...otherwise you could be just as much a danger to your family as the people you are afraid of. Why keep a deadly weapon around if you're not familiar with how to use it?
    My paintball guns make a loud bang sound. Not a pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Not if the person shooting the bullet is a decent shot.
    That just transfers the pain to the family and friends of the person shot.

Nah, the homeowner won't be charged with anything because this is TEXAS. The right to defense of property in Texas allows a homeowner to use deadly force to protect their house/land or their person from any criminal mischief as necessary.

That just transfers the pain to the family and friends of the person shot.
    Exactly what was going through the fathers head as a person was shooting a weapon at his house where his family was.

My paintball guns make a loud bang sound. Not a pfft.
    I'm sure they're just deafening...

Happy ending to one less idiot.

I'm sure they're just deafening...
    Some of my paintball guns are louder than some of my small caliber guns. It's a fall flat argument.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I agree with those points. But there are some who got thier firearm as a hand me down from family. They wanted it, but really are not into firearms enough to practice with them. They should however if they think they may want or need to shoot it or keep ammo around just in case.

Your other points are debatable. I would be able to tell the difference. Some may not.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Exactly what was going through the fathers head as a person was shooting a weapon at his house where his family was.
    That terrifying sound of paintballs splatting against your house....He must piss himself during a hailstorm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Survival of the fittest. It's evolution. Dumb kids weed themselves out of the gene pool.
    I think weeding out lead poisoned psychotics is a more urgent objective.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

That terrifying sound of paintballs splatting against your house....He must piss himself during a hailstorm.
    Paintballs don't make a splat sound. Especially when hitting certain surfaces that enhance/alter the impact sound... such as plywood and vinyl siding. This isn't Looney Toons