Should M+ affix powers be more staggered?

At the moment it seems like a big jump going from one level to another especially at the 4 and 7 breakpoints. What if instead of having to deal with the full affix outright, the affixes got progressively stronger as the key level increased? Here is a rough idea just to illustrate the point (numbers not set in stone):

Levels 4/5/6:
    Bolstering - Now increases health and damage by 14%/17%/20%
    Bursting - Players now suffer 8%/11%/14% of HP
    Raging - Mobs now gain 60%/80%/100% increased damage
    Sanguine - Mob heal amount reduced by 20%/10%/normal amount
    Teeming - Remains as is

Levels 7/8/9:
    Explosive - HP is 70% of normal/85% of normal/normal HP
    Grievous - Damage taken is 70% of normal/85% of normal/normal
    Necrotic - Reduces healing by 1.5%/1.75%/2%
    Quaking - Damage dealt is 20% less/10% less/normal
    Skittish - Threat reduction is 20% less/10% less/normal
    Volcanic - Damage dealt is 20% less/10% less/normal

This would give players more opportunities to better learn the affixes and not be so overwhelmed once they hit the breakpoints. It would increase participation at the lower end and the progression curve would be smoother. What do you think?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are people actually struggling to finish keys at the levels you're talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bursting - yes
    everythin else - who cares really?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Making it even easier would damage the "player skill" even more than it is now, people are struggling cause they are unwilling to learn in the first place, they come from LFR were mechanics dosnt matter and can be ignored and attempt to ignore em in M+ and wipe then complain its too hard asking for additional nerfs.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Making it even easier would damage the "player skill" even more than it is now, people are struggling cause they are unwilling to learn in the first place, they come from LFR were mechanics dosnt matter and can be ignored and attempt to ignore em in M+ and wipe then complain its too hard asking for additional nerfs.
    Dungeons are harder than they have ever been. The problem is class design being so streamlined and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I can assure you it is not this mythical lfr crowd that is having the problem. Of your assertion of lfr is correct then noone doing lfr gets past +2.

Personally I say yes to op. I don't play wow cause it is hard anymore and would like easing in of the affixes.

For the game health I say no. There has to be hard content of you want to get rewards. I know everyone here just m+logs their 10 because we are the best but it's still hard and people need to work for their rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Dungeons are harder than they have ever been.
    That's true, but also not unexpected given the evolution of M+ (4 affixes now instead of 3 at 10+).

But I disagree that affixes need to be tuned down on lower keys. The problem is almost never the affixes, but basic mechanics - pulling extras, standing in stuff, not interrupting, not doing fight mechanics, etc. Affixes only serve to punish those mistakes a little more, which is a GOOD thing. People need to learn not to stand in the poo-poo, not have dungeons tuned down so they can survive when they do.

To that end, it might be good to have some more visual death mechanic. Like display the death log by default, or at least what killed you. Make people realize they died to standing in the fire lazer trap cleave, and not to "bad healing".

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's true, but also not unexpected given the evolution of M+ (4 affixes now instead of 3 at 10+).

But I disagree that affixes need to be tuned down on lower keys. The problem is almost never the affixes, but basic mechanics - pulling extras, standing in stuff, not interrupting, not doing fight mechanics, etc. Affixes only serve to punish those mistakes a little more, which is a GOOD thing. People need to learn not to stand in the poo-poo, not have dungeons tuned down so they can survive when they do.

To that end, it might be good to have some more visual death mechanic. Like display the death log by default, or at least what killed you. Make people realize they died to standing in the fire lazer trap cleave, and not to "bad healing".
    Was just disagreeing with him saying M+ has no skill and that this change would make the dungeons require no skill whatsoever since the proposed changes seem to be pretty minor.

No. They should be balanced though so there's not a huge push week, then 3 weeks of barely being motivated to play m+, and then another push week.

From the process of gearing up alts through m+, I can safely say that it's only ever the player's fault when they mess up low level keys like that. All the mistakes I see are things that "Remove raider io" or "nerf affixes" wouldn't fix (with the exception of bursting, which getting extended is a fucking nightmare). Things like kicking painful motivation in freehold, or being absurdly slow with the eyes in temple, or messing up the 3rd boss in underrot.

Teeming should be a level 2 affix IMO. It makes such a massive difference, especially combined with fortified.

Otherwise I kinda get your point, and on bursting/grievous I completely agree, but the other affices not so much. Maybe you could drop the damage of explosives rather than their HP (once someone switches to it, it dies if it has 100% or 70% at the moment, so nerfing the damage a bit would make the affix easier).