Thread: Stress Test

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    so uh whos still against layering then?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    True but I've been in more than one stress test across games and usually most people get to log in and play somewhat eventually. This was definitely a rough stress test, I can't recall one going this poorly before that I've participated in. And I've been very meh on Classic.

The "come play beta" part is important. There needs to be some sort of payoff for people they are asking to take a significant amount of time out of their day to stare at login screens, to do it for no inherent reward is counterproductive as no one will bother if they think they won't be able to get in.
    I've been in a previous Blizz stress test that made it to the actual game. This is clearly designed from the beginning to be a login server test.

Just, if they told us that maybe 1/10th as many people (if that) would have helped out. I get it from Blizz's standpoint, but it's kinda scummy.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

So, this is basically a test to say "how little money can we spend when we actually release the game and not piss everyone off without the excuse of it being a stress test"?

And here I thought the goal of the stress test was to test the stress levels of the tester.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Really the only problem I have at the moment is streamers claiming they don't have prio, when they easily make characters and others who don't stream can't.

And they are making a big deal that they don't have prio. Just admit it...
    looking at streams just destroys your argument because there seem to be thousands of players already inside the game and walking around. just because YOU couldnt get in doesnt mean NO ONE got in.
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    looking at streams just destroys your argument because there seem to be thousands of players already inside the game and walking around. just because YOU couldnt get in doesnt mean NO ONE got in.
    I never claimed no one got in.

Please read my actual point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    True but I've been in more than one stress test across games and usually most people get to log in and play somewhat eventually. This was definitely a rough stress test, I can't recall one going this poorly before that I've participated in. And I've been very meh on Classic.

The "come play beta" part is important. There needs to be some sort of payoff for people they are asking to take a significant amount of time out of their day to stare at login screens, to do it for no inherent reward is counterproductive as no one will bother if they think they won't be able to get in.
    While technically true, in a stress test, especially an early server one (as there will be several others), they need to gaurantee itll be full, to get proper testing done.

Regardless, complaining that someone didn't get in, or couldn't log in and play.. That just sounds like people wanting some free play time.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Wasn't supposed to be but obviously became one.
    That it did lol
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never claimed no one got in.

Please read my actual point.
    lots of people could make a character and log in without being a streamer. thats my counter argument
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    lots of people could make a character and log in without being a streamer. thats my counter argument
    Every single streamer got in, is mine.

Again, if you read my actual points, I have no problem with this.

10+ Year Old Account

I see no issue whatsoever for them to have any kind of priority since its an obvious choice by Blizzard to market their game to... as of now potentially up to 150k people. Seems like you dont like for some people to be able to hype up the game.
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no issue whatsoever for them to have any kind of priority since its an obvious choice by Blizzard to market their game to... as of now potentially up to 150k people. Seems like you dont like for some people to be able to hype up the game.
    If you had read anything I said, you'd see I agree with that...

Spent almost 40 minutes trying to log in with various disconnects afterblogin or trying to connect to the realm then over 30 getting "character creation timed out" before getting disconnected for like the 8th time before I said screw it, not worth it and exited out.

So I got in before a streamer I was watching to create my character. Character creation has timed out ever since. He got on after me and was able to create a new character and get in immediately. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not

And ofcourse they spawn a C'thun on Asmogolds Layer exclusively. Just to smear salt on my wounds...and i already eaten a lot of salt with this

Every single streamer got in, is mine..
    Except that isn't the case ... a lot of streamers didn't get in.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    While technically true, in a stress test, especially an early server one (as there will be several others), they need to gaurantee itll be full, to get proper testing done.

Regardless, complaining that someone didn't get in, or couldn't log in and play.. That just sounds like people wanting some free play time.
    "FREE" probably not the right word to use here....

- - - Updated - - -

Hyperbole doesnt help an argument. Every single streamer didnt get in. Most of the well known creators did, for sure, but saying every single person who streams got access is just dishonest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Actually quite funny, I've just spammed a lot of streams, the only ones I can't see in are Germans lol.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Who and how many viewers do they have?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Hyperbole doesnt help an argument. Every single streamer didnt get in. Most of the well known creators did, for sure, but saying every single person who streams got access is just dishonest.
    My bad for saying "every" streamer. Of course I did not mean "every" streamer, but one with a following.

Anyway, this is going way past the point I was talking about.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-05-23 at 01:52 AM.