Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you do when you're unable to find a guild?

I have been apart of two guilds in BFA. The first guild I raided with in Uldir we finished in the top 50 US. They disbanded three weeks before BoD was released. Took me a little over a month trying to find a new guild mainly because a lot of guilds that fit my time schedule were full on my class. Found a guild for BoD, wasn't as successful as my first guild and we finished BoD in the top 150 US. Then this guild disbanded.

Now I'm without guild again.

Been looking for a little over a week. Put in applications and what-not. I've had people contact me, but they apparently don't read my WoW recruitment forum post or my WoWProgress profile page because they all always start or finish raid outside of my raid availability.

So when you're unable to find a guild. Do you just settle for a guild that is below your desired skill level, or just call it quits? I don't remember it being this much of a pain to find a guild in previous expansions.

I used to be part of a raiding guild that raided 2 days a week and was always part of the top 100 or so rankings that fit my schedule perfectly. After I stopped playing and tried to come back, I couldn't find any guild that was on the same schedule + same skill level.

That's when I stopped raiding.

Yeah it's gonna be hard to find a guild that perfectly suits you if you're outside the "normal" raid times, specially now.

You either have to compromise or start buying boosts :P

Raiding has always been about compromise.

If you cant find a single guild that raids the times you want you either go to an inferior guild that does and stick it out or you change your priorities to fit your gaming need.

Why do you think so many guilds turned to 2 days?

Or you quit the raiding scene until your program changes again and you can get back to raiding.

Luckily with the M+ and the pugging world, Mythic raiders get to keep up to gear so catching up is not so hard for that type of player.

It all comes down to how much you enjoy playing the game and raiding in order to put it as a priority (hobby) and sacrificing a different night than intended to it.

Join trade channel?
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

I been guildless since MoP because no guild on the servers I play meets my criteria of less than 5 nights, from 22:00 onwards. Not then, not now. Luckily for me, I was as hardcore about riding as I was about my AH operations or collecting weapons and sets even before xmog existed. In all these years I even developed a love for leveling alts from time to time and these things are what have kept me playing.

Of course I keep looking for suitable guild and I would definitely go back to raiding if I could find one but since that seems unlikely I just lowered my expectations and now it feels ok to just get to max level, get the best gear I can without stepping into raids/mythics and just tend to my AH business, professions, alts etc. And when I get bored just cancel my subscription, wait for the next catch up mechanics and start all over.

Yeah, I basically went casual after Cata.

If worst comes to worst transfer to another server.

I've never been able to find a good raiding guild. I'm always #2 or #3 in dps with pvp gear on out of 25 people. Been this way since WotLK. I always just assumed good raiding guilds were rare and you had to be really good to get into one or something. I think I might actually be able to enjoy WoW more if I found a good one. I don't really go searching too hard though.

It's one of the reasons I liked Naxx in WotLK. It was pretty much the only content I've ever been able to see the entirety off without raid finder. I'm mainly a PvP player anyway, so it doesn't bother me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by OBM View Post
    So when you're unable to find a guild. Do you just settle for a guild that is below your desired skill level, or just call it quits?
    I made my own. Just like when people say "oh poor me, nobody wants me in their raid because reasons" and then people respond with "start your own raid". It's the same thing, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Join trade channel?
    This is basically what I did.

Left a guild like a week ago because drama nonsense.
    Joined trade chat again, saw a guild I ran with before at the same progression.
    Asked them if they still need a lock for mythic.

Now I'm in a new guild raiding.

I don't think it should be that hard if you browse around on wowprogress, check the forums and if you're open to the thought of realm transfer as well. Unless you have really crazy specific requirements like you can only raid two times a week - on sunday morning and thursday night. (or something) Ofc if you play a tank or healer or a fotm class then options might be slim but it doesn't have to rule guilds out. My own guild as an example - on the surface we're a 8/9m guild that just started Jaina progress, in reality we have also suffered from people slacking off/attendance issues and similar, I know a few other guilds on the server working on Jaina that have the same problems. So unless you write a GM/Officer and they specifically tell you "oh sorry, we dont need you", you shouldn't always put too much emphasis on what their site or forum post shows as "what classes we want". They're not always updated the best and in my experience people come and go. When I joined the guild over a month ago and we were working on Mekka progress, we had 4 DHs and now we have only 1, and that's iffy at best because he only shows for about 50% of our raids.

I think wowprogress and the forums are your best friends honestly. Nowadays it becomes more rare to write a formal application as well and what my guild does (and i know others do too) is they have a chat with you for ~10-15 minutes and it also gives you a good feeling for if the guild is right or not.

Good luck!

Finding a guild while playing from Japan was a pain in the ass. But I could using discord, wow and forums here. I kept reading posts, put applications on discord. Talked with many people. First guild was on my server *which is heavily alliance sided and I am horde*. I saw their ad on trade chat. But when they disbanded after uldir I had to look again and it became impossible to find a saturday sunday raiding guild. I migrated to a horde populated server and did the above things again. Times are not perfect but I can always join their raids anytime I log in. and do not give up looking for.

Just quit the game. It isn't worth starting over with new people over and over again just for an achievement that no one cares about. My guild disbanded too because it was simply impossible to get recruits to replace the people that were leaving and had attendance issues on top of that. Unsubbing felt amazing. I can do whatever the fuck I want to do on Friday and saturday nights now and not be forced to carry new recruits on farm bosses over and over again.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-05-23 at 01:09 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OBM View Post
    I have been apart of two guilds in BFA. The first guild I raided with in Uldir we finished in the top 50 US. They disbanded three weeks before BoD was released. Took me a little over a month trying to find a new guild mainly because a lot of guilds that fit my time schedule were full on my class. Found a guild for BoD, wasn't as successful as my first guild and we finished BoD in the top 150 US. Then this guild disbanded.

Now I'm without guild again.

Been looking for a little over a week. Put in applications and what-not. I've had people contact me, but they apparently don't read my WoW recruitment forum post or my WoWProgress profile page because they all always start or finish raid outside of my raid availability.

So when you're unable to find a guild. Do you just settle for a guild that is below your desired skill level, or just call it quits? I don't remember it being this much of a pain to find a guild in previous expansions.
    I usually unsub. To me WoW in general, and BfA in particular, is almost unbearable without a group of relatively known people, aside from RL friends (which have all quit btw).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Join trade channel?
    Hmm the perfect place to find a decent guild. One that spams trade. That use to be a huge black mark on the quality of a guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Unsubbing felt amazing. I can do whatever the fuck I want to do on Friday and saturday nights now and not be forced to carry new recruits on farm bosses over and over again.
    I felt the same way when I quit raiding. Was great. Can play whenever and whatever I want now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Blizzard has completely messed up guilds and recruitment.
    Yep. Not raiding at all in any organized sort of way.

I have three personal/alt guilds of my own. I'm on my own schedule and not responsible to anyone in particular. It's great.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-23 at 08:37 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Just wait for 9.2 and find a guild when there are more than 2k subs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

organized BFA* raiding in 2019

surely you jest lol.

Just wait for classic if you want a real raiding game.

Enter the pug life and que up in for groups in custom finder. Or quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I pug. Haven’t had a guild since WoD as pugs usually have a lot less drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    organized BFA* raiding in 2019

surely you jest lol.

Just wait for classic if you want a real raiding game.

Enter the pug life and que up in for groups in custom finder. Or quit.
    "Real raiding game" Yeah can't wait to do 15 year old bosses with less mechanics than trash mobs have these days. I mean normal difficulty of raids now are about as hard as vanilla raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use forums, look at trade chat, chill?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..