Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i think vanilla tbc and wotlk all warrant a revamp beccause of what cata did
    They are too fresh in my mind. Even if they were not, I would not like to progress from Vanilla to there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    They are too fresh in my mind. Even if they were not, I would not like to progress from Vanilla to there again.
    Ok?? And? Who said they can't do a copy character over to BC server?

If anything else come out it will Wotlk before BC because it was the peak of WoW
    Plus you don't have plenty of TBC private servers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Ok?? And? Who said they can't do a copy character over to BC server?
    No one. And I would not be against TBC servers or incentives to replay it in general, as I stated in my first post. I would just not play it, no fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It's literally a different dev team.

And it's not a pointless project, or wasted time if:

A. People want it

or

B. It makes them more money than they put into it.
    It is litteraly money they could have spent on new features.
    People will not want it once they remember how poor it was and yes, it's still a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where would they stop?

Would they stop at wrath?

I can't forsee them doing every old xpac ever, it would fraction the playerbase way too much, esp in a game that the playerbase is consistently shrinking and not growing.

I think a wrath p server has my interest the most - I never played during classic, I never hit 70 during BC, was way young and way casual, but wotlk was my first end game, the first time I raided, I of course like any edgy teen played a death knight, but I would love to re-experience wotlk with my knowledge today as a gamer.

While looking back wotlk wasnt as great as I remember it - and I'll never re-capture the wonder of playing the end game the first time in wrath, it'd still be fun.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2019-05-23 at 01:55 PM.

I don't think they're working on BC servers now. If Classic does well enough though I could see it being in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Levelling is faster (less xp needed or more xp gained, no idea)

You can fly from the start

All zones scale

Though that could be an overall thing having nothing to do with the core of TBC.

Yeah...it could come fast...but why should it come sooner than August 2021?
    They'd just need to load pre-3.0 data to remove that. The main work of getting the client to actually be able to read that is already being done for Classic.

BC didn't have that many system changes that i can recall. Those are the ones that would cost time to re-implement so they work correctly.

Database stuff is basically just plonking the old data in there, which is mostly converting it to the format the newer client uses or getting the client to read the old one, and, as mentioned, has already been done because of Classic.

Things should get really easy if they get to the expansions that already use the new format.

There is no doubt that there will be TBC at some point, but that is probably 3-4 years away. I don't see them rolling out the phases any sooner than 6 months and probably closer to 9+ months for each phase.

Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    wont happen
    "vanilla servers won't happen, blizz will never do it, it's too much work, there's not enough interest"

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    People will not want it once they remember how poor it was and yes, it's still a waste.
    Yeah, WoW money just goes into the Blizzard WoW bank of funds and only gets spent on WoW things...

10+ Year Old Account
    They clearly don't want the retail dev team to be any larger than it already is, otherwise they wouldn't have just laid off a bunch of people.

Remember when that argument was used against vanilla, and proved to be incorrect? Maybe don't start that crap again.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They clearly don't want the retail dev team to be any larger than it already is, otherwise they wouldn't have just laid off a bunch of people.

Remember when that argument was used against vanilla, and proved to be incorrect? Maybe don't start that crap again.
    When was that "proved to be incorrect"?
    You also make no sense here. If they spend the money they make on other projects, clearly people will be laid off. Thats the whole point: They should not have wasted that money on a 15 year old version of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Yeah, WoW money just goes into the Blizzard WoW bank of funds and only gets spent on WoW things...
    Not all of it but a great deal is obviously spend in this bullshit and thats a serious issue right now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't believe any of the BC content was ever revamped, was it?

Seems like adding BC at some point, weather that means one time transfers to a classic+BC server, or whatever, might not take that much effort.
    Zul'aman was turned into a 5 player dungeon, loot tables were changed etc.

Class talents and abilities of course were changed many times since then.

Other than that I think it's all there, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    When was that "proved to be incorrect"?
    When they did the market research and decided it would be profitable.

You also make no sense here. If they spend the money they make on other projects, clearly people will be laid off. Thats the whole point: They should not have wasted that money on a 15 year old version of the game.
    Thius is hilarious, you act like Blizzard is hurting for money and they didn't claim record profits right before firing people.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauthe View Post
    They're committed to at least releasing all of classic through Naxx, how long will that run for.... 2 years? If that doesn't completely flop.
    Can't imagine anything sooner than like 3 years, summer/fall 2022, at the earliest.
    It'll be over 4 years.
    Ion already stated that content will be released slower in order to give ppl a chance to go through all of it instead of dropping them based off of top guilds clearing content.
    There will be lots of farming.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

Not all of it but a great deal is obviously spend in this bullshit and thats a serious issue right now.
    Do you honestly believe the little amount of money, a giant like Blizzard who had record earnings last year - cares? They've probably already gained a profit with how many people are going to be pre-ordering the Collector's Edition (As much as I think it's overpriced), and the amount of money they'll get back by just a few months of subs? Is that really a waste, even if you don't like that they are doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    It'll be over 4 years.
    Ion already stated that content will be released slower in order to give ppl a chance to go through all of it instead of dropping them based off of top guilds clearing content.
    There will be lots of farming.
    Did they say 4 years or did they say a slower release schedule? If it's the former, which I highly doubt - they've learned nothing with how little people stick around with content droughts.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2019-05-23 at 04:05 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Thank you for a real reply, not that I didn't expect a bunch of shit posters on these forums for a real question.

WoW classic will be massively popular, classic content will get old eventually, players will want BC, bliz likes money.....this is all obvious.
    I think you'll see around 3-4 years roughly time span of Vanilla before you see a TBC to be honest. You never know but if classic is a huge hit like most of us hope I am certain TBC would be on the list of things.

In addition to some of the changes already listed here, the final BC patch nerfed all BC raid content, making it significantly easier.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Did they say 4 years or did they say a slower release schedule? If it's the former, which I highly doubt - they've learned nothing with how little people stick around with content droughts.
    He said slower release dates. You have to remember that gearing was much slower due to 40m raids and 3 loot drops, compared to that of today. So there won't be content drought as we have it today. People lose interest on retail because you can get fully decked out in three weeks.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me