Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    This is obvious bait but I expect 5 pages of discussion min.
    soon brother
    I have been waiting TBC longer than I imagined

SJWs are people who are misguided into thinking they're fighting the good fight, when they're doing the opposite. E.g. fighting actual racism = good, fighting non-existent racism = pointless at best, often harmful in potentially multiple ways. SJWs do the latter. If you're doing the former you're not an SJW (albeit people may falsely label you that). SJWs probably don't know they're SJWs, since, as stated, they are misguided, but there are those who are aware their cause is BS and are in it for some form of personal gain.

That's at least how I see it, as a mostly passive observer.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Why is it that everyone conflate the dislike for something as being offended by it? Only time you would get offended is if someone calls you something and you don't like it, that's offense. In this case the ones that are in any position to be offended are the so called "sjws".

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Is anyone else offended by the term “social justice warrior”? Like they’re just knights fighting for a false cause. It’s like calling a conservative a neo-nazi. Moreover, it invalidates centuries of arguments with a single word. It’s frustrating. And offensive. Anyone else bothered by the “sjw” label?
    Omg an sjw offended by the term sjw, it's supposed to be offensice you idiot. For most of the population that hates all things sjw, it's the term used to describe this abhorrent behaviour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    A few problems with this:

1) Conservatives are much, much better at playing the SJWs than the self-labeled SJWs themselves.
    2) Most conservatives can't seem to disavow Nazism or its variants, or even avoid openly express sympathy and agreement for the ideology, which is why they tend to get called Neo-Nazis - and rightfully so.
    3) Not really offensive or frustrating, just ironic.
    I think you need a history lesson in the difference between conservatism and nazism.

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    Omg an sjw offended by the term sjw, it's supposed to be offensice you idiot. For most of the population that hates all things sjw, it's the term used to describe this abhorrent behaviour.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you need a history lesson in the difference between conservatism and nazism.
    Just look at Charlottesville or Trump and David Duke.
    Also, if somebody wears a swastika, odal rune, fascista, sunwheels, or crossed stick grenades, the just are bot normal conservatives. That is pretty explicit insignia.

You mean like, White people who aggressively try to help Minorities, even though we really don't want or need their help? Yeah, fuck them. I have survived on this planet for over 42 years without their help or influence. I don't need those embarrassing people to champion for my civil rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    White Knight has a creeper / incel / pervert element to it though.
    Yeah true probably nothing worse than two white knights trying to out white knight each other as the alpha fragile male. Honestly I find a lot of it weird, if half as many incels that call women femanazis names were decent to one another I’m not sure what the fuck would happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    You mean like, White people who aggressively try to help Minorities, even though we really don't want or need their help? Yeah, fuck them. I have survived on this planet for over 42 years without their help or influence. I don't need those embarrassing people to champion for my civil rights.
    Or black people who feel so much guilt like Candace Owens. GTFO nothing more racist than saying because of someone’s skin alone they can’t recognize privilege or give a shit about people other than themselves.

I care about women’s rights and I’m not a woman. However I do think it’s pretty shitty to treat women as second class fucking Citizens because they are different or any less than equal to a man without metric.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else offended by the term “social justice warrior”? Like they’re just knights fighting for a false cause. It’s like calling a conservative a neo-nazi. Moreover, it invalidates centuries of arguments with a single word. It’s frustrating. And offensive. Anyone else bothered by the “sjw” label?
    Doesn't offend me, I chuckle mostly for such terms makes the person using them sound like an idiot..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

SJW is specifically used as a pejorative against a very specific type of person: Usually an upper-class white millenial who continuously rails about how whites are evil and hold minorities down, how men are evil and should be castrated or similar (or the whole "teach boys not to rape" nonsense), who complain about every little thing due to "lack of diversity" and want diversity to be a major factor in decisions over skill. The sort of person who feels it's okay to doxx and hound someone who makes a Tweet or post that they find "offensive" for minor reasons (often with the specific intention to get them fired and/or ruin their life for saying something offensive instead of ignoring it like an adult would) and makes a mountain out of a molehill over minor things that they always seem to take out of context in regards to everything. The sort of person who complains over films "having too many white males" and demands that films include women/minorities for no reason other than to claim diversity. The sort of person who wants to ruin childhood cartoons by making them pandering to diversity or being inclusive for no reason other to virtue signal about how diversity good.

That's the sort of person who is an "SJW". Someone who really wants social justice doesn't act like that. It's essentially like calling someone a "keyboard warrior", the warrior part is said ironically because the person thinks they are a badass when they really are not. I actually prefer the term "crybully" to describe these people because that's what they are: Bullies who try to force their viewpoint on others and play the victim card when they don't get their way. SJW is too vague and thrown around too frequently similar to "nazi" (someone who disagrees with you is not a "nazi")

The people who brand anyone they disagree with as SJW are the same people who complain about being branded nazi or racist by people who disagree with them.

If you want to find the hypocrites of the world, look either far right or far left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    SJWs are people who are misguided into thinking they're fighting the good fight, when they're doing the opposite. E.g. fighting actual racism = good, fighting non-existent racism = pointless at best, often harmful in potentially multiple ways. SJWs do the latter. If you're doing the former you're not an SJW (albeit people may falsely label you that). SJWs probably don't know they're SJWs, since, as stated, they are misguided, but there are those who are aware their cause is BS and are in it for some form of personal gain.

The irony of them believing they are progressive when they achieve the exact opposite. Its a trend from a delusional new generation that can't find social validation and meaning in life if they don't sit 24h on twitter to make stupid post after stupid post about new fake outrage. New imaginary enemies and issues to rage about. Its not about social progress , its about showing everyone just how far beyond the curve you are in your "progressive" views. Normal racism,sexism and other common sense issues suddenly are not enough fuel so they start making stuff up or exaggerate minor crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post

Pretty much. They make up issues where none exist e.g. loudly complaining on social media that a movie is bad because it doesn't have enough black people, whether or not it should have black people in it, and then calling anyone who points that out or disagrees a racist. Or perpetuating this whole "can't be racist to whites" by redefining what the word racism means to suit their agenda. Or hounding someone and trying to get them fired from their job because they didn't like something they said. Or trying to make it seem like only men are rapists. Nonsense like that which they feel is fighting for a good cause but in reality it's doing the same sort of "fascist" things they accuse others of doing by saying agree with me or else.

10+ Year Old Account
    SJW is one of those weird terms that used to have a positive connotation when actual social injustice was prevalent, but as those SJWs fought for social justice, making significant progress (for the most part), a more extreme minority kept rambling on, never satisfied, so the term started being used negatively against those vocal minorities.

Nowadays it's just a blanket statement like incel, nazi, etc. and people don't really know what it means anymore.

If you want to see a SJW example, I think the perfect one would be PC Principal in South Park.

As for how many of them are out there, in the wild, who knows, you usually find them online though.

If you are one of the people complaining that women are too sexualized/not representative of the average female population (big breasts, all in great shape, attractive facial fatures, etc.) in vidya games or movies (especially when you are not the target demographic for those games, and never even played vidya games as a hobby), but have no problem with men being portrayed in the same way, you are probably an SJW.

Like i said, they are rare in actual real life(or just hide it well), like u probably won't encounter one ever. But look at some of the big media sites, especially reviewers and you'll see a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The prophecy was foretold.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah true probably nothing worse than two white knights trying to out white knight each other as the alpha fragile male. Honestly I find a lot of it weird, if half as many incels that call women femanazis names were decent to one another I’m not sure what the fuck would happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Or black people who feel so much guilt like Candace Owens. GTFO nothing more racist than saying because of someone’s skin alone they can’t recognize privilege or give a shit about people other than themselves.

I care about women’s rights and I’m not a woman. However I do think it’s pretty shitty to treat women as second class fucking Citizens because they are different or any less than equal to a man without metric.
    Never understood the point of recognising privilege, for a start it dosnt help any one, it just serves to get peoples backs up, every one has certain privileges and disadvantages from there demographic and that changes so much based on location and social class, I mean saying some rich Beverly hill white boi has has white privilege looks right when you view white people only from that middle class American centric lense but do you really want to say that to Romano gypsies, Irish gypsies, many Easter Europeans in Europe or white people who face discrimination in nations where there the minority?

The narrative of white privilege as a blanket idea comes across to me as for of vary blatent American privilege and americo-centerism the belife the World is America or like America, which is a very old gripe the people of the world have with America and Americans, no matter how well meaning they might try to be they always seem to fall into the trap as coming across as very supremacist, either trying to dictate the morals or the money.

SJW
    A person who uses the fight for civil rights as an excuse to be rude, condescending, and sometimes violent for the purpose of relieving their frustrations or validating their sense of unwarranted moral superiority. The behaviors of Social justice warriors usually have a negative impact on the civil rights movement, turning away potential allies and fueling the resurgence of bigoted groups that scoop up people who have been burned or turned off by social justice warriors.

if it offends you, good

you got it!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

SJW's are what Incels tell themselves is the reason they can't get laid.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    SJW
    A person who uses the fight for civil rights as an excuse to be rude, condescending, and sometimes violent for the purpose of relieving their frustrations or validating their sense of unwarranted moral superiority. The behaviors of Social justice warriors usually have a negative impact on the civil rights movement, turning away potential allies and fueling the resurgence of bigoted groups that scoop up people who have been burned or turned off by social justice warriors.

if it offends you, good
    says the person that supports vladimir putin and treason,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    South park is never a good example of anything
    You shut up or ManBearPig will eat you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    says the person that supports vladimir putin and treason,
    Treason can be great though, can you imagine if someone betrayed Hitler and shot him right in his stupid face in '39?