Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Like I said, and I stand uncorrected, how people forget..
    ppl complained all time, the difference is how many were saying so
    yes ppl did complain during Legion, but the stuff u mention is very few, the major complains were random legendaries, AP farming, and both blizz solved way too much late -.-
    BFA complain is almost at same lvl as WoD if not more, which surprise me because WoD was actual sh8t, yes BFA has less work than Legion, but really did ppl forget WoD selfie patch ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I think the shortest and most reasonable answer to this is that Blizz dropped the ball in WoD and gave up halfway through the expansion, and that additional time was put into Legion which ended up being probably the expansion with the most content. But because Legion was so packed with content and they kept giving us a lot with each patch, BFA didn't get that extra time of development.

Legion=demon hunters, end.

Let me just say this as well...

The raids in BFA aren't that good. Especially when compared to Legion, which is kind of a problem, considering the expansion only had 1 A to S tier Raid, which was Antorus (AKA THE LAST RAID OF THE EXPANSION!)...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Not even close, dungeons were mindless meatgrinds. Raids were ok.
    Did you play Legion, or did you completely miss the fact that keystones existed in Legion? They're were most definitely not a fucking mindless meat grind.

Legion raids were really good as well. Sure, not all of them are top tier material (Except for Antorus, which is probably my favorite raid since Kara, and Ulduar), but they're still pretty good in their own right...

- - - Updated - - -

I also hate this whole "Queen Azshara is the one of the most powerful entities Azeroth has ever known"...

Why? Because we got nerfed to shit post Legion and have already faced stronger beings than her, so there's no point in feeling strong defeating her anymore...

SINCE I DEFEATED AGGRAMAR'S AVATAR, KIL'JAEDEN, EVERYTHING AT ANTORUS, AND ARGUS THE UNMAKER! Fighting Queen Azshara with an Old God boost doesn't feel like a feat, because it isn't. Sure, I don't have my artifacts, nor my legendaries anymore, but the point still stands.

In my opinion, the Void Lord's either should've been scrapped all together, or have at the very least been announced after defeating N'zoth. And I feel as if all of BFA and such should've occurred before Legion...

With BFA, I didn't know it was possibly to sink lower than WoD, but here we are.

Anyone who thinks BFA is worse than WoD obviously didn't play WoD when it was current. WoD had terrible story, gigantic content droughts, horrible dungeons, uninspired raids, broken scenery, a mountain of promised content that was removed, solo gaming in the form of Garrisons, and an expansion long legendary that was a fucking RING. Yeah, sorry, but nothing can get as bad as WoD. BfA's only true and glaring fault is the lore. The Azerite system is overexaggerated with how bad it is. World Quests are the same that they were in Legion. There is more content to keep you busy in BfA than there was in Legion. Just because YOU don't enjoy it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Legion started pretty rough around the edges, and only at around 7.3 did it reach that 'great' point. People seem to forget some of its issues like how frustrating it was not having your best legendaries after half an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Anyone who thinks BFA is worse than WoD obviously didn't play WoD when it was current. WoD had terrible story, gigantic content droughts, horrible dungeons, uninspired raids, broken scenery, a mountain of promised content that was removed, solo gaming in the form of Garrisons, and an expansion long legendary that was a fucking RING. Yeah, sorry, but nothing can get as bad as WoD. BfA's only true and glaring fault is the lore. The Azerite system is overexaggerated with how bad it is. World Quests are the same that they were in Legion. There is more content to keep you busy in BfA than there was in Legion. Just because YOU don't enjoy it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    I did play WoD when it was current. The class design for each of the 11 classes was some of the best it had been in years. The raids and dungeons were fun. The only thing lacking was meaningful outdoor content. Also that the legion artifact weapons that people loved/hated were originally meant for WoD as well. Which is part of what made Legion actually stand out more is that it had content that was meant for another expansion.

The other issue came from the fact that in the development cycle before release, WoD was reduced to skeleton crew as many members from the WoD team were moved to the Legion team. That WoD was basically where they washed their hands of it and stopped early but still had to wait two years to actually finish polishing the content for Legion.

BFA has useless "treasures" that were clearly meant as artifact power for your heart that might as well be garbage.

BFA had an awful system involving the azerite gear and the Azeroth Heart level which resulted in Azerite Armor of a lower Ilvl being more desirable than those of a higher Ilvl.

Warfronts at first were just gear-outfitter system to get your characters 335-340 ilvl without the 320 ilvl requirements, along with being some of the more boring content while one of the central corner stones of this expansion.

Island Expeditions have one of the worst mixed messages when it comes to content where its both a "Race to 6000 AP" against AI or other players, while also encouraging you to take your time and go after rares for rare pets/transmog/mounts/quest items, this is also meant to be another cornerstone for BFA.

Gold sources and drop rates from Legion and BFA were nerfed to try and slow the down the gold gains but we still have the AH Mount that is meant for such a world. (Gold Source Example: Rogue Pickpocketing from Legion, originally 4999gp then 2500 and now 1250 gp) (Drop rate example: Ray from Fishing in BFA got nerfed and has a lower drop rate)

The Zandalari Troll allied race was one of the main features of the preorder for BFA in January 30th 2018, they didn't even become avaible for actually unlocking until March 12th 2019. Which is a 14th month gap. Even excusing the time until the prepatch, that is an 8th month gap to play a race that was a selling point for the expansion.

Legion got 3.3 million (including preorders) in sales. BFA only managed to beat it by 0.1 with just 3.4 million and that was due in part to the allied race system. Also factor in that WoD also got 3.3 million (including preorders) in sales.

The Maghar Orcs and Dark Iron Dwarves were not patched to be obtained within the first couple weeks of launch even though there were people who went to the effort of grinding the Honorbound / 7th Legion reputations for Horde / Alliance respectively.

If you want I can keep going on why BFA failed harder than WoD.
    Last edited by Wraethion; 2019-05-23 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    ppl complained all time, the difference is how many were saying so
    yes ppl did complain during Legion, but the stuff u mention is very few, the major complains were random legendaries, AP farming, and both blizz solved way too much late -.-
    BFA complain is almost at same lvl as WoD if not more, which surprise me because WoD was actual sh8t, yes BFA has less work than Legion, but really did ppl forget WoD selfie patch ?
    It took them until the very last patch to fix all thoose required grindings for RNG items. But as soon they fixed that, they introduced The Netherlight Crucible, yet another RNG factor, this time for artifact relics. And the hate began once more.

The amount of required grinding caused players to call Legion "alt unfriendly". Blizzard tuned down the amount of required amount of grinding, just so it can be alt friendly once more.
    If you have this much hate for Bfa, you had the same (or possibly more) for Legion when it was current. Bfa is nowhere CLOSE to what the dissaster called WoD was.
    but I suppose it is cool nowadays to hop on to the bandwagon and hate on the same things someone else does.

I say it again, I'll say it for the last time, "oh how soon people seem to forget"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Are you serious? According to FBs here it is the second coming of WotLk
    I don't think anyone has said that about BfA.

With that said I still rate BfA better than Cataclysm and WoD. I honestly think BfA will go down as the most under rated expansion.

Now BfA does have problems, while it doesn't lack content like WoD did, it's content itself is not very appealing. Mythic+ and the raids are the best things to come out of this expansion so far that a majority of people cannot say bad things about, but the world quests, the class changes, artefact power and the boring island expeditions and Warfronts don't lend themselves to much interest.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I say it again, I'll say it for the last time, "oh how soon people seem to forget"
    AP farming was fixed with 7.3, legendary one was solved in BFA patch or something (like wtf?)
    also BFA has a big obvious problem Legion doesn't have, a morally grey publicity about burning innocent civilian women and children alive that legion doesn't have
    and u confirmed what i said, yet u say that i hate BFA more than Legion because it is 'cool' to be so
    Pruning was obvious even more now that no more artifact talents and abilities, GCD on everything, 2 things i can name that i hate that don't exist in legion
    but hipsters just be hipsters, trying to snowflake to be unique ignore facts
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I just think BFA is bad because more was removed than added. With tier sets, legendaries both that changed gameplay. Then class quests, replaced with one quest chain. It’s not enough to warrant keeping me subbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GCD ruined so many specs for me and a ton of people I played with.
    The neck compenasting for artifacts doesn't work.
    Leveling felt bad, like it was just there because it's tradition to level in a new expansion. Gained nothing.
    Tier set bonuses are gone and unique class appearance is gone.
    Azerite armor is a cool concept but it didn't feel as exciting as I expected.
    Classes are BROKEN, being a DK/shaman player, Resto is a shitshow in gameplay enhancement doesn't exist, frost doesn't exist, and the supposed "shaman rework" was such a disppointment

oh how soon people seem to forget about legendaries in legion, that most speccs / classes couldnt function without BiS ones. And people also seem to forget about the ridicilous RNG they added for artifact relics in the ship.

The only thing that Bfa is worse than Legion, is the story (lore). It has turned to absolute garbage, with cheesy clichés.
    Most speccs still don't function as these legendaries are gone, on top of artifacts being gone.
    RNG is just as prevalent in BFA as it was in Legion if not more.
    The story has always been cheesy clichés.
    im cool pls respodn

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    AP farming was fixed with 7.3, legendary one was solved in BFA patch or something (like wtf?)
    also BFA has a big obvious problem Legion doesn't have, a morally grey publicity about burning innocent civilian women and children alive that legion doesn't have
    and u confirmed what i said, yet u say that i hate BFA more than Legion because it is 'cool' to be so
    Pruning was obvious even more now that no more artifact talents and abilities, GCD on everything, 2 things i can name that i hate that don't exist in legion
    but hipsters just be hipsters, trying to snowflake to be unique ignore facts
    God are you trying to convince me a lie.

You said all thoose RNG and grindings were fixed in the last patch, which took them over 2 years to realize, and during that time people have been bashing on the forums for being so extremly alt unfriendly. Bfa has not reached 8.3, so the current state of grind is almost the same as Legion before it went to 7.3.

I already stated in my first post that the huge difference between Bfa and Legion is Bfa has the corniest, shittiest most cringy lore i've seen this far.

If its anyone who really ignores the facts, its you. But, I guess you have to lie to yourself, debate same things over and over, until someone believes in the lie you tell.

Good day.

You said all thoose RNG and grindings were fixed in the last patch, which took them over 2 years to realize, and during that time people have been bashing on the forums for being so extremly alt unfriendly. Bfa has not reached 8.3, so the current state of grind is almost the same as Legion before it went to 7.3.

I already stated in my first post that the huge difference between Bfa and Legion is Bfa has the corniest, shittiest most cringy lore i've seen this far.

If its anyone who really ignores the facts, its you. But, I guess you have to lie to yourself, debate same things over and over, until someone believes in the lie you tell.

Good day.
    Grind in BfA? Dude, I don't grind anything at all. I don't feel forced to. Haven't done a single WQ for half a year now. The only thing im doing is weekly islands in about 15-20 minutes.

Yes I aggree story is complete garbage but I never played for story. Blizz is incapable of delivering a good story for quite some time now.

CGD didn't change much, tier sets didn't change gameplay. Just people parroting others without even thinking. Legion was utter garbage up until waking essences.

Honestly I think both Expansions suck, but my metric for measurement on xpac sucking is pretty simple how long does the game hold my attention and keep me having fun before I unsub. Which was never a ting for me until MOP which had me until TOT I did like 2 bosses and lost interest very quickly, then WOD actually had me until the 2nd raid released because I just couldn't get into the new gearing system at the time. Legion kept me around for the first raid Tier then I was done with that shit, BFA I unsubbed after 3 weeks it was just a crappier copy paste from legion.

Because all we've had is world quest simulator for 9 months to grind rep. How exciting it that? No end game zone like suramar. Instead we got LFR mode warfronts which give 15 minutes of boring content every 2 weeks. Islands are boring as fuck, worse than the scenarios in MoP, which were also deemed a failure.

Not enough fun content.You can only do so many mythic+ dungeons before even that gets boring as fuck aswell.

Bottom line... Lazy developement...

10+ Year Old Account

Good day.
    we talking about different points then... because i - at least - didn't complain about AP grind
    I did complain that BiS gear now is a myth, and chance to get it is lower than the chance to see a rl unicorn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    tier sets didn't change gameplay
    tier sets has far bigger impact than just gameplay, even ppl who stopped playing wow since ages, one of things we still talk about is every new tier set and how/bad it looks for that class
    used to do that with old talents, but 'luckily' blizz didn't change talents since ages in first place, and ppl are 'kool' with it
    Thrall

If they had done what I suggested the Azerite system would have been a great system AND great for all professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    which had me until TOT I did like 2 bosses and lost interest very quickly
    u stopped playing during ToT and was ok during 1st raid tier in MoP ? Now i've seen everything
    care to elaborate ? how is tot/soo worse than 1st tier that was really garbage ?
    Thrall