Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m not sure.

I’d hope not, despite being hyped for classic. Modern and Classic have radically different design philosophies, none of Classic’s ideas would work so long as cross realm is in place and that’s not something I see them removing.

So long as cross realm exists I would rather not see Classic influence modern WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Current wow is dead. Thats why we are getting classic
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

I can tell you next expansion.. Another version of Artifact Weapons/Azerite Armor, another version of Island Expeditions, 6 new zones, more follower missions, 6 new reputations (everyone will get exalted at the same time) etc etc.. Annnnddd im still going to play it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You think that BFA classes are good ? even if classis classes are not good, they are still better than we have now.
    Nope. They are completely boring. But if you have fun with a 1-1-2-3 repeat gameplay good for you.

I get that classic have some interesting point but really, no Pet Battle, Achievement and Transmog is the point you are bringing up? If there is something you can not give a damn about on current wow and it won't change your life is those three.

The game evolved in what it is now. Look at spell reagents, a staple in RPG, in classic and tbc, they were mandatory. Then in WotLK, they gave us glyph to live without them. When they saw 99% of the population were using it, they just removed the reagent and the glyph.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Nope. They are completely boring. But if you have fun with a 1-1-2-3 repeat gameplay good for you.
    It's the same crap we have now, add to that the shitty build-spend mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just what we need, bosses with one mechanic that is prolly just dispel the curse, quests that have 10% dropchance for one item and you need twelve?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I think if the demand was high enough you might see something like a “Classic mode”toggle. No quest arrows or sparkles on usable items. Stuff like that. Maybe the opposite of an heirloom that increases xp needed. I don’t think there would be too many forced changes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post

Do you guys think they will learn from this and make the next expansion of WoW more like Classic?
    I hope they:
    - squish the existing levels down to 60.
    - let us level in any zone for as long as we want (minus the new content).

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    I hope they:
    - squish the existing levels down to 60.
    - let us level in any zone for as long as we want (minus the new content).
    I’d be down with both of those but I don’t think it’ll be 60. Maybe 70 or 80

It's the same crap we have now, add to that the shitty build-spend mechanic.
    Nope we came from a simple rotation to a priority list. It's more interesting and interactive. The build-spend mechanic is also more interesting than the afk cofee dps wand waiting for regen.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Current wow is dead. Thats why we are getting classic
    good thing people playing classic get to pay for people to play retail

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, classic plays almost exactly like retail wow. It's just an old paint coating instead of the "deluxe" one we got on Retail. Saaaaame shit. But grindy. And, similar to all the other mmo-rpgs of that age, hellbent on being a cooperative multiplayer experience in it's majority. But you still click on a bat and cast shadowbolt.

If they want to make current WoW more similar to another expansion, they should aim for Mists of Pandaria instead.

Probably not. We might get some mild inspirations here and there, and minor class design ideas, but classic and retail are two entirely different games at this point. They appeal to different groups and will have different playerbases.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    Do you guys think they will learn from this and make the next expansion of WoW more like Classic?
    Nope... as there is nothing to be learned.

Blizzard tried that in Cataclysm, by making dungeons hard... the backlash from the players was IMMENSE.

The very moment an expansion is released (in this case, BfA), development of the next expansion is already underway.

So, no. It would usually take at least two expansion releases before Blizzard is able to apply the "things they've learned".

Yeah, auto attacking mobs for hours on end is such fun. Play classic then if more than 2 buttons is too much for you. Retail does not need any of that crap.

I don't think people are really arguing about the "rotation" because neither vanilla nor bfa are this impressive peak of gameplay, but more regarding how many spells, old talents [venruki in his beta video said 2 really interesting things about talents]

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    You mean with less content, more low rate loot quest and more boring classes?
    Everything after MoP was horrible in case of class design, BFA has the worst class design so far, press 2 buttons and all classes are the same.

I must admit Wotlk and (cata pre-talent overhaul) had the best class design for many classes

You think that BFA classes are good ? even if classis classes are not good, they are still better than we have now.
    how exactly are classic clases better?they simply arent,there are other reasons why classic is better as a game,but the classes themselves most certainly is not one of them,classic is auto attacking 90% of the time,spaming one button,and most specs wont be viable and we all know how people react when a spec is doing 1-5% less than others,in classic most specs are more than 50% inferior to the main ones or run out of mana to fast