Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks @Polyxo You pretty much nailed it.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    I say this time and time again after everyone praises China and stupid EU/World treaties where the U.S doesnt sign it or does or whatever. It doesnt fucking matter if we do or don't. What matters is the oversight, and said treaty is fucking useless if there is no oversight or sanctions for countries that dont follow it. Why are you so worried about America when China actually signs it and then blatantly lies. America isnt going to pollute the world of existence, third world shitholes and China are

BUT BUT TRUMP!
    So whataboutism...

"Why should we worry about solving our country's murder rate when another country's murder rate is higher?"

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    you vastly underestimate modern anti-ICBM measures.
    the reason you've seen an up tick in mass-personnel armies post the nuclear MAD era is the slow and steady neutralization of the threat of nuclear Armageddon.
    That's flawed thinking. Nukes are just the start. Humans will invent better and better weapons. Eventually they will be able to do things like build a million microscopic drones that fly into an urban area and kill key people without them knowing, advanced laser satellites that can burn cities from space, burrow into the Earth and blow up the core, crash the moon into the earth, blow up the sun, etc. Neutralizing nukes does not stop Armageddon.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

That's how you do it.

Agree to everything the UN says, sign every treaty.

And then, in secret, you do what you want.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I'm going to eat some popcorn while you people scream and cry and believe everything that is posted.
    But other than this pathetic cop-out, do you actually have anything tangible that indicates the cited research of multiple universities from different countries should not be believed?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    any one actually shocked by this news ? any one ?
    I am not. From their pollution from mining rare earth metals to the pollution from solar power manufacturing, its no surprise. While we cry about fish swimming in the streets of Miami and look to ban fossil fuels in our own country we have others using banned chemicals and dumping thousands of tons of it into the environment. Its as if we are using buckets to bail out a sinking ship. Its demoralizing.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtfff is that??

I mean, reading it, I'm actually not that surprised.. I guess, disappointed?
    China has very deep roots and have invented many useful things for mankind for a very long time.

It's not surprising, but you still wanted to hope, ya'know?

(None of that is to say, that I would bow to any Reds trying to take over)
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Interesting post, thanks for sharing. While obviously bad I think the science behind tracking the emissions to the source is very interesting and it would be awesome if we could somehow mark plastics to find out their origin when we fish them up from our water.
    illuminati all over my body

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eoyeffteedubz View Post
    Interesting post, thanks for sharing. While obviously bad I think the science behind tracking the emissions to the source is very interesting and it would be awesome if we could somehow mark plastics to find out their origin when we fish them up from our water.
    We do, 99% of anything plastic is marked (somewhere) with identifying markings of some sort or another..

The problem with all that is all the countries that ship their garbage all around the world to countries who don't mind being a landfill for some $$..
    Some "garbage ships" are just out there floating pretty much endlessly.

And if we wanna go that route, shit (garbage) from legit, everywhere, ends up, legitly, everywhere else.
    Last edited by Violent; 2019-05-23 at 02:21 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

I like how almost everyone in this thread is blaming the Chinese government, when the article itself points out that its likely illicit sources of CFC-11 production and the federal government is trying to crack down on them.

It sounds like corruption and lack of accountability is the culprit there, not willful disregard of international norms and agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I am not. From their pollution from mining rare earth metals to the pollution from solar power manufacturing, its no surprise. While we cry about fish swimming in the streets of Miami and look to ban fossil fuels in our own country we have others using banned chemicals and dumping thousands of tons of it into the environment. Its as if we are using buckets to bail out a sinking ship. Its demoralizing.
    Were using buckets to bail out a sinking ship yea, but it would at least be nice if half of us weren't using there buckets to bail water in.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Were using buckets to bail out a sinking ship yea, but it would at least be nice if half of us weren't using there buckets to bail water in.
    Yes, it would be nice, what would be better is if the Treaties we passed were followed! Otherwise, why fucking bother.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    I say this time and time again after everyone praises China and stupid EU/World treaties where the U.S doesnt sign it or does or whatever. It doesnt fucking matter if we do or don't. What matters is the oversight, and said treaty is fucking useless if there is no oversight or sanctions for countries that dont follow it. Why are you so worried about America when China actually signs it and then blatantly lies. America isnt going to pollute the world of existence, third world shitholes and China are

BUT BUT TRUMP!
    Maybe if we hadn't shipped all our manufacturing, factories, and industry there, they wouldn't be polluting this much. I guarantee if we suddenly took all those back, you'd have businesses here in America trying to get away with as much shady shit as possible.

That said, you are right that oversight is needed. China is dumping incredibly amounts of plastic into our oceans and CO2 and other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. It ABSOLUTELY needs to stop and clean-up efforts need to begin ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Maybe if we hadn't shipped all our manufacturing, factories, and industry there, they wouldn't be polluting this much. I guarantee if we suddenly took all those back, you'd have businesses here in America trying to get away with as much shady shit as possible.

That said, you are right that oversight is needed. China is dumping incredibly amounts of plastic into our oceans and CO2 and other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. It ABSOLUTELY needs to stop and clean-up efforts need to begin ASAP.
    Maybe we should slap huge tariffs on items from China to force manufacturing to move back in the US. Those increased tariffs could also fund Green Energy improvements in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

You do understand that's OUR plastic which we dumped in China?
    Does it matter?

Im so shocked - said no one ever upon hearing this

BETTER INCREASE THE CARBON TAX - said trudeau

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    You do understand that's OUR plastic which we dumped in China?
    So, all the plastic that's coming down from Chinese rivers, we shipped it to them and then poured it into their rivers...? Or are you referring to the fact that they come from companies that moved from America?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean China has been dealing with corruption in mid level bureaucracy for longer than most western states exist. It's not something new with their turn to a capitalist style production, it's endemic to a country whose size and population density largely demand an extensive bureaucracy. I honestly doubt there is a solution to this however much the party might try to push for further transparency.
    Well, the central committee is attacking it by building a larger middle and middle upper class, and essentially expanding the talent base of bureaucrats. So these talented guys get a higher standard of living and a more professional mindset than basically the dumb middle manager who is essentially a dumbass baron with a little fiefdom of serfs. That takes a long time, but you can see that the Central Committee is at least interested in building professionalism in their government. They come down hard on corruption close to the central committee, and that sphere of punishment for corruption is widening slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Yes, it would be nice, what would be better is if the Treaties we passed were followed! Otherwise, why fucking bother.
    to answer the bolded, simply to make the right noises to voters to get re-elected, politicians only care about the policy's they think will secure them enough votes to win an election, one of the main modern purposes of the house of lords in the UK it to look at and bring to attention topics that either the public doesn't care about or the public is actually against, stuff that is right to be looked at and action maybe taken but for a standard MP would either not gain them any votes or possibly lose them votes. it was Arthur Kattendyke Strange David Archibald Gore, 8th Earl of Arran, chief whip of the conservative party in the house of lords that first brought the debate about legalizing homosexuality to parliament, if any one fancy's some history.

Why would it?
    95% of the population there is happy with the direction things are going.
    It's more likely the US will break up with all the internal tension and people killing each other over politics.
    History repeating itself? Where'd you pull the 95% number?