Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clownpenisfart View Post
    They're just hyped because they buy the incorrect hype spread by nostalgic idiots that classic was good.

But when/if they actually play it they will hate it because it's absolute garbage compared to modern games. Every major flaw of BfA is present in classic, only ten times worse.
    LOL you Are silly. I can not wait for classic. I got several of My old vanilla friends Who quit back so we can own like we did back then. We know what we Are getting into. Stop trying to seem like you know how people feel and Will react.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Just to clarify, I include time invested when I say effort:

Time invested + Skill = Effort (roughly )

I do not agree that the current 2019 edition of WoW (BFA) reward you very much for the time you invest. The current rewards for time consuming content are not prestigious. Getting a new mount is not very cool because you already have 300 other mounts.

The reward system of Vanilla was much more proportionate.
    oh yes yes.

todays system is even worse because it doesnt allow you to put in that time as you like,
    but rather manipulates you, so you will drag your effort as long as possible, by forcing you to put in a tiny bit of effort, every day, for several days.
    plain boring unchallenging routine. unlike vanilla which allowed for more freedom.

The best thing about classic is it's just FUN.
    That's what it comes down to, the original game design was FUN.

It was FUN to be immersed in a world with other players.
    It was FUN to see the same players over and over throughout your journey in Azeroth
    It was FUN to have whack game mechanics mess up the entire guild mid raid and drop them through the earth.
    It was FUN watching the entire world die to the plague.
    It was FUN having a world boss kited to a major city.
    It was FUN progressing your character slowly over time.
    It was FUN walking around and being immersed in the world.

Retail wow has lost what it means to be a mmorpg.
    The game is literally just: Smash buttons, get loot, aoe everything, move on.
    In retail, you get to auto group with random players, teleport directly to the dungeon, blow through it and move along. (Talk about a boring rinse & repete experience).

To all the neysayers, that's cool brotato chips - stay with retail, that's your jam.
    There's a huge community for classic and it's going to be an epic 2 year run for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    True, nolifed beta for some time now. Memory said "this is going to suck big time" - played Hunter in Beta - buying arrows, no fun advanced mechanics in skills, feeding your pet, taming another pet and waiting to learn new skill of claw, no pet customization - you have to have fast attack speed pet, the fucking weapon skills when you change your bow to gun, stupid dead zone, stupid limitation of laying traps only out of combat. Super primitive boring quests. Or playing Warlock - dots don't crit, don't scale with haste (well untalented corruption scales a bit with haste rofl), the fucking soulshards taking up inventory and the need to farm them, intellect basically doing fuck all while leveling (meanwhile other classes get damage increase on their skills from str/agi, what the fuck is this retarded design choice?). I was sure this is going to suck donkey balls.

And yep, I've totally received a lesson in reality, you are right, my memory was wrong - this is single handedly THE best MMORPG I've played in the past 9 years and one of the best games overall in recent years.
    Hahaha totally this, 100% agree. I played hunter in beta too over the weekend and was like WTF NO KILL ZONE, nice! WTF I'm running out of ammo, yay! WTF I have 4 silver and each skill point to train is 1 silver but I also need ammo/repair monies, what do I do?!?!?!

I had so much fun and haven't logged into retail at all this week (I will here and there and will play both but Classic was just awesome for me).

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nodlimax View Post
    Almost all of the actual unique mounts Blizzard has released over the last few years within WoW could only be purchased through the store and where not available through game play accomplishments...
    Other then the infernal mount the horned demon from antorous the flesh monster from antorous the elemental from Jaina the mech from mechtqoure the priest class mount the shaman class mount the mech wheel in 8.2 ect ect ect.

You would have to be blind to think all the unique mounts are in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    Aww, butthurt little retailer is mad his LFR queue is going to increase by 30 minutes after the mass exodus to Classic.

Deal with it
    No, I tend to play with my guild mates and I really never go near LFR. Funny though as the hardest content in classic is about as hard as LFR. But with less mechanics and effort put into it.

Now, I don't really have time to play much WoW anymore but it's sad to see them mess it up like this. You're odd attitude is not going to chnage the fact that classic servers are a horrible idea in the long run and that most players will simply not enjoy the content.

I agree a lot with OP and I think people will get a reality check when Classic drops. Some people who played it and knows what its all about will stay and others will stay just out of spite to prove some point, but overall I think amount of players at launch is gonna drop a lot after two weeks or so. As much as people talk about how great it was, you're still stuck replaying an old experience and unlike live you know some things are not gonna change and you've seen the content before.

I can't remember the Emissary, but the reward was 2,000g (I'll just pretend that it's the turtle faction). To get the 2,000g, I ran in a circle, shot some lobsters, and turned over some shells. In comparison to WoW (Vanilla) through WotLK, how is that fun?

- - - Updated - - -

WoD, Legion, and BfA suck... ROYALLY SUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    I can't remember the Emissary, but the reward was 2,000g (I'll just pretend that it's the turtle faction). To get the 2,000g, I ran in a circle, shot some lobsters, and turned over some shells. In comparison to WoW (Vanilla) through WotLK, how is that fun?
    You mean WoW (Vanilla) through Wotlk when "outside raid content" was basically 1. stand around in orgrimmar/stormwind and 2. farm gold to cover repair cost 3. dailies that stayed the same and gave you 5 gold each?

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post

WoD, Legion, and BfA suck... ROYALLY SUCK!
    Exactly, and then they wonder why the economy got completely fucked. (Btw that is another great thing about Classic that few people mention, gold actually means something again).

P.S. please remove that piece of shit game from your signature

It's simple. Battle for Azeroth's best aspect, its raiding content, is levels of magnitude better than any content that exists in classic. But while classic has shitty content, it rewards you for spending lots of time on it. It's a question of internal versus external feelings of accomplishment. Do you prefer a boring game that gives you a visual feeling of accomplishment over others, or a game that in one specific part (raiding) is incredibly fun and skillful content, but it don't reward the player externally even close to as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Funny though as the hardest content in classic is about as hard as LFR. But with less mechanics and effort put into it.
    Okay... Classic difficulty may be way overblown, but you are way off base. Way more than those who are proclaiming Classic is the HARDEZT EVAR!

So great job, we now have two polar opposites instead of being in the middle where every reasonable person is.

Even on the stress test, I've had more social interaction and seen more WAR (something BfA is "all about") than I have on the entirety of BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    I've been playing WoW since Christmas '04. I was there for every major in-game event in WoW history. Mentioning this isn't an attempt to flex as much as its about countering halfwits who claim that experience > logical arguments. (Experience isn't more valid than logic, BTW.) So to preempt that bullshit, know that I've probably had more experience with WoW at every stage in the past than any given critic.

BfA may not have done everything perfectly, but the WoW you can log into today is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Classic in just about every single aspect you can possibly image. The people who "remember" how great Classic WoW was are in reality remembering their experiences (not the gameplay itself) and how much they enjoyed WoW back in the day. In an effort to recapture the joy of the old days, they think all that must be done is to recreate the game they enjoyed. But they're not understanding that it wasn't about the quality of the game, rather it was about the sense of wonder and excitment for something new (and great! for its time) and their own ability to enjoy things back then vs now.

If all the years of improvements and the cumulative content could be magically added to Classic WoW - and we in our teenage years could have had access to the whole of WoW as it is now, instead of what it was back then - our enjoyment and memories of the game would almost certainly be even deeper, stronger, and more varied. And we'd never go back to some half-baked, pre-learning experience WoW classic. It would be taking away a myriad of features that make WoW a great game, and once nostalgia is removed from the picture, it doesn't make sense.

Its a WoW stripped of most - if not all - of what makes today's WoW so good. It's a barebones WoW that is deeply flawed, but was **so good for its time** that it barely mattered. WoW grew up along with us; that doesn't mean you can recapture the halcion days of the past by removing all the progression WoW has made, any more than you can recapture the joy and memories of your teenage years by trying to re-enroll in high school & droppin your current job in favor of part time McDonalds and moving out of your house to live with your parents again.

Some people have to experience the disappointment for themselves before they can accept the reality of the situation.
    That, or because they prefer the vastly simplified systems and hardcore-rewarding emphasis of Classic WoW.
    WoW Classic had virtually no endgame, it was just that everything took far, far longer to complete.
    I for one can't wait to see the bitching and moaning on the forums pertaining to how Classic WoW "isn't really classic" i.e. has been changed in some way.
    Nah, what changed the game was your memories. Full stop.
    The game has changed alot, but not always for the better, I prefer BC over classic. But something "new" from what we have now will be refreshing.

One button spam and everyone gets the same gear and talents is not fun, not even in the slightest. Current WoW needs to sit back and take a lesson from the Classics, and stop making things so dumb.
    One button spam is not light years ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Okay... Classic difficulty may be way overblown, but you are way off base. Way more than those who are proclaiming Classic is the HARDEZT EVAR!

So great job, we now have two polar opposites instead of being in the middle where every reasonable person is.
    But I'm really not. You could litteraly 5-man raids even with the gear that droped from thoes raids.
    Most of the raid could be AFK for all of MC and the only difference would be that the bosses took longer to kill. Dealing with that one (or usually no) mechanic was super easy.

Many of the LFR bosses are way harder than most classic boses with appropriate gear. There are extremes where balance was way off and that made thoes bosses silly but overall, I'm not "way off base" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    You have 2 things wrong right now.

1. RS is a different type of game that appeals more to the WoW Classic player than a modern player. Not to mention Classic RS.

2. RS has more players than Classic RS. It's consistently been this way forever. Modern RS always maintains roughly 30% more players than Classic RS. Jagex doesn't even try to hide this fact either. It's advertised right on their website. 100,000 people online. Classic has about 80,000 people online. Yes, these number will fluctuate, but only sometimes does Classic actually surpass Modern and it's not for long when it does. Consider that most of the OSRS player base is all that's left that even plays the RS at all anymore and yet they're still surpassed by modern stuff.

Overall, what will probably happen is the same thing that happened to RS but with higher player counts.

1. Classic launches. A massive onslaught of people play Classic. Old and new players all hop on to experience it.
    2. Classic is a few months old. Nearly all players that didn't play Classic in the first place are back to modern WoW/other games.
    3. Classic is half a year old. A lot of the players who wanted Classic realize that it is, in fact, an old game, and stop playing.
    4. Classic is a year old and most players realize they've become bored.

Classic is left with a small player base. This is how it happens to RS. This is how it happens to all nostalgic things. Classic is an attempt to save WoW in what Blizzard possibly sees as being close to end-of-life. It will bring many players back, but it won't save the game and the majority of players will be temporary. Blizzard will make a massive dollar day 1, but will see an incredibly massive dropoff by just a couple short quarters later. This is what nostalgia does to people. It's hilarious to me that people think Classic WoW is going to be some magical exception to a rule that has always ruled over Nostalgia. It's not that I don't want them to be an exception, but I'm not going to lie to myself about the situation. I highly suspect Blizzard is 100% aware of everything in this post already too. They will probably use the immediate, but not steady, funds that Classic will bring to fund a new project.
    Even with a player base of 2k ish per faction is enough in most cases and it will be much higher with non private servers, we managed to find plenty of groups on a few that I played on at all level ranges.

Yes, of course it will be. Even Blizzard knows and has already acknowledged this.

Classic is a very expensive way of doing away with the negative press they were getting but the vast majority of players will not enjoy or play classic. It's simply not a very good game by todays standards.

Heck, I'd be surprised of most players make it passed the very first zone. It's that boring and slow.
    Do you mean the actual definition of "most" (i.e. you actually think 51% or more of people playing Classic will not make it out of the first zone?)...

Why can't your kin understand that it's not about what version is better??? There are different types of games that appeal to different types of players. It's that simple. Some people like WoW at a slower pace, where leveling is a slog and you have annoying things like ammo and pet food and reagents; some people like faster paced games with more actiony combat where leveling is quick and easy and there as few "annoying" aspects as possible getting in my way of hacking and slashing.

But I'm really not. You could litteraly 5-man raids even with the gear that droped from thoes raids.
    Most of the raid could be AFK for all of MC and the only difference would be that the bosses took longer to kill. Dealing with that one (or usually no) mechanic was super easy.

Many of the LFR bosses are way harder than most classic boses with appropriate gear. There are extremes where balance was way off and that made thoes bosses silly but overall, I'm not "way off base" at all.
    We also know all the fights in every single raid now back to front for classic.

for me its going to be the raid lockouts,

I don't think it'll be too bad for those ppl who go in with a group of friends or manage to get a spot in an active raiding guild. if you can't dedicate time to raiding with a guild, then you are going to be fucked.

pugging didn't fair so well in classic because of the raid lockouts and instance ID's. this made pugging very difficult to do because if the raid wasn't cleared in one run, you missed out on those kills for that week. so you couldn't effectively pug without potentially screwing yourself for the rest of the week.

these days its not a problem at all you can pug all week, you can keep going into raids and killing bosses for the fun of the encounters themselves and get zero loot. but you couldn't do this in classic. so those ppl who can't find a dedicated raiding, guild and schedual. will have a very difficult and frustrating time getting saved to half assed raids where the leader leaves half way through and screws everyone over. you lose your ID because someone in your pug steals the instance when you log off. ahh great times.

beyond the lockouts i'm not sure what bothers me, tbc was better for pugging karazhan and zul'aman were practically designed to be cleared in one raid so the whole lockout problem wasn't so much of a problem. but classics raids, molten core, zg, aq20, you probably won't clear them in one raid. so you won't find many ppl willing to pug them and risk losing out on kills for that week.

the game is just much more inclusive of time these days, you can log in and pug raid whenever the hell you want. but for classic, you will be relying on scheduled raids. i'm sure many pugs will be successful, but I do remember a significant reluctance to risk being saved to a raid you never finish that week.

the end game was essentially bottlenecked by raid lockouts and instance ids. these things significantly slowed down progression in a very arbitrary way.

for example, replacing ppl in a pug in classic, nearly impossible, who wants to get saved to a raid where most of the bosses are dead? you won't get replacements so if ppl leave. thats it.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-05-23 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Do you mean the actual definition of "most" (i.e. you actually think 51% or more of people playing Classic will not make it out of the first zone?)...

Why can't your kin understand that it's not about what version is better??? There are different types of games that appeal to different types of players. It's that simple. Some people like WoW at a slower pace, where leveling is a slog and you have annoying things like ammo and pet food and reagents; some people like faster paced games with more actiony combat where leveling is quick and easy and there as few "annoying" aspects as possible getting in my way of hacking and slashing.
    Yes, that is the very definition of most. I am not sure what you mean by "my kind" but as it seems I'll be paying for classic I'm going to go ahead and bash it all day long as a belive it's a waste of effort and resources that could have been put into retail.

If these were two seperate subs then it would be less of an issue for me.