Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu4k View Post
    Everything after MoP was horrible in case of class design, BFA has the worst class design so far, press 2 buttons and all classes are the same.

I must admit Wotlk and (cata pre-talent overhaul) had the best class design for many classes
    If you think Classic was any better when it came to 2-3 button rotations then you didn't play Vanilla. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    how exactly are classic clases better?they simply arent,there are other reasons why classic is better as a game,but the classes themselves most certainly is not one of them,classic is auto attacking 90% of the time,spaming one button,and most specs wont be viable and we all know how people react when a spec is doing 1-5% less than others,in classic most specs are more than 50% inferior to the main ones or run out of mana to fast
    I've been making this exact point and nobody wants to listen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You think that BFA classes are good ? even if classis classes are not good, they are still better than we have now.
    2 of the 3 tank classes didn't even have a fucking taunt button. Paladins druids and priests were only accepted as healers because their damage specs fucking sucked, and even then paladins were just bought for their buffs. if you think THAT is better than what we have now you are delusional beyond approach.
    Last edited by Doomchicken; 2019-05-23 at 02:45 PM.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I would welcome some difficulty back into leveling and five man dungeons. Everything is just 'stand in one place and attack.'

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    I played the beta and I felt so good, I had so much fun and now I remember why I started playing WoW. For some reason it feels like another world I can immerse myself into. As soon as I accepted my first quest I know I had a fun but hard journey ahead of me. No more pet battles, no more achievements, no more transmog fashion shows, just the pure game and the "living" world and honestly, at least to me, it is more fun than BfA. It's astonishing how much the current game has changed over the years, and it makes me sad knowing that it has became worse. One good example is the pace of the game. BfA is so fast, there is no time to just relax, you do everything fast paced and not because you are so hyped up, it's because everything is made that way, the reward system makes you feel like there is no reward at all, its just another yeah better ilvl who cares thing. There is just so much more value building your character in Classic.

Do you guys think they will learn from this and make the next expansion of WoW more like Classic?
    It's weird because it's almost like a death by 1 thousand cuts scenario. Actually trying to pinpoint the exact change where WoW was no longer... well, WoW, is hard.

It was a combination of hundreds of little changes here or there that slowly devolved WoW from an EQ like MMORPG to an MMO ARPG built more like Diablo 3. It isn't so much an open world rpg now as much as it is a qued number simulator.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    3 of the 4 tank classes didn't even have a fucking taunt button. Paladins druids and priests were only accepted as healers because their damage specs fucking sucked, and even then paladins were just bought for their buffs. if you think THAT is better than what we have now you are delusional beyond approach.
    As a MT in vanilla and live, let me assure you of something... they are handicapped no doubt, BUT the golden rule of vanilla tanking (if you remember) is that if a tank has to use his taunt... he failed.

You try to tank WITHOUT the taunt existing and use it "in case of emergencies".

Paladin and druid tanks are certainly a tad handicapped compared to warriors at the VERY top end like Naxx, but they are functional tanks for anything outside of the cutting edge content.

Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu4k View Post
    Everything after MoP was horrible in case of class design, BFA has the worst class design so far, press 2 buttons and all classes are the same.

I must admit Wotlk and (cata pre-talent overhaul) had the best class design for many classes
    Twice as good as 1 btn in vanilla. FROOOOOSTBOOOOLT!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    They're likely never going to learn anything from WoW Classic if it turns out to be successful.
    The ones in charge already have the mindset of "the plebs are just high on nostalgia". You can't reason or argue with these people and they won't ever see anything but their own viewpoint regarding this.

If anything, they'll likely double down and speed up on all the QoL and streamlining for simplicity.

5+ Year Old Account
    A year ago or so I remember Ion Hazzikostas talking about 'pristine servers'.. or was it 'mythic servers'? I don't remember.. but he said that that's something they could do, basically servers intended to emulate the Vanilla or more hardcore design philosophy.

Hope so. Played Classic Beta for a bit now and haven't enjoyed wow so much in years.

To be honest, screw the next expansion off BFA.
    Just left retail wow die.

Use classic has a hard reset and introduce Wow 2 that's built off the classic wow principals.

If blizzard does indeed release another expansion, let us pray it takes more then 1 day /played to get to max level.
    It should seriously take at minimum 5 days /played to level up to the next max level.

I hope they do RPG wise. Since all this competitive junk around this game feels less and less like an RPG. More customisation and more community.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    A year ago or so I remember Ion Hazzikostas talking about 'pristine servers'.. or was it 'mythic servers'? I don't remember.. but he said that that's something they could do, basically servers intended to emulate the Vanilla or more hardcore design philosophy.
    This is probably the link you are looking for:
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17611300963#

It would also have no queueable content.

I think it's a lot more likely they would try this than make retail like classic.

I think they might use some of Classic's design philosophy, like how they seem to add resistances back in 8.2. It also depends on how succesful Classic will end up and if BFA will continue bleeding at a rapid rate. Maybe its better to just keep both games completely seperate without trying to pull people from one game to another. There are simply way to many people that either have 0 interest in Classic or 0 interest in BFA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    You mean with less content, more low rate loot quest and more boring classes?
    Exactly! XD

Nooo how can you say that?!? Wasn't classic the most awesome thing ever happened?
    Oh wait not it wasn't, but I was 17 and school was worse
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    I played the beta and I felt so good, I had so much fun and now I remember why I started playing WoW. For some reason it feels like another world I can immerse myself into. As soon as I accepted my first quest I know I had a fun but hard journey ahead of me. No more pet battles, no more achievements, no more transmog fashion shows, just the pure game and the "living" world and honestly, at least to me, it is more fun than BfA. It's astonishing how much the current game has changed over the years, and it makes me sad knowing that it has became worse. One good example is the pace of the game. BfA is so fast, there is no time to just relax, you do everything fast paced and not because you are so hyped up, it's because everything is made that way, the reward system makes you feel like there is no reward at all, its just another yeah better ilvl who cares thing. There is just so much more value building your character in Classic.

Do you guys think they will learn from this and make the next expansion of WoW more like Classic?
    They'll definitely collect a lot of Feedback from Classic and I do think that there might be some 180° turns in their game design

XD why is there so many posts related to this like classic is some huge experimental project. The only reason they did it is because its a low cost project to bring back sub numbers from nostalgic or curious players.

Retail WoW is too far gone down the ez mode convenience route for them to pull a 180 and put the challenge back in that wont completely destroy their casual playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    To be honest, screw the next expansion off BFA.
    Just left retail wow die.

Use classic has a hard reset and introduce Wow 2 that's built off the classic wow principals.

If blizzard does indeed release another expansion, let us pray it takes more then 1 day /played to get to max level.
    It should seriously take at minimum 5 days /played to level up to the next max level.
    Or you can let people who want challenging content enjoy retail and people stuck in the past can have their classic servers. Doesn't have to be either/or.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Virtually everything in current WoW is there because players, at one point or another, complained about it not being there. Dungeons took too long to get groups for, so we got LFD. Raiding was difficult to get into, so we got LFR. Mounts and Pets took up too much bag space, so we got the collections tab. People complained that there was too little character progression at level cap, so we got Artifact/Azerite Power. People complained about the lengthy PvP and dungeon queue times, so we got cross realm grouping. Hell, people complained about the old talent system being too cookie cutter and how many of the decisions didn't feel like they had any meaning to them (woo, 1% stamina, glad I ground out that point!) so the talent system got redesigned.

The vast majority of stuff people hate about todays game came about because various different groups of people WANTED the features in the game.

tl;dr current WoW is what it is because we asked for it.
    Exactly. And I'm glad it is like it is now.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    You mean with less content, more low rate loot quest and more boring classes?
    Boring classes? Lol.....

Do you even play WOW now?

The nostalgia is strong in some people. I will play Classic and I will do it as a horde, cause I only played Alliance during Vanilla. It will be fun. With that said, there's no way that Vanilla had more interesting classes or more complex classes. Some classes spammed the same spell but with different ranks. And when you had no mana you had to auto attack. The glass balance was way worse than it is in retail. If you played a balance druid (like I do in retail) you wouldn't get invited to raids. Play resto druid or go Home.

Apart from exploring a new world, the leveling was more boring with more downtime. The raids are more complex in retail than they were in Vanilla. The only hard thing with Vanilla was grinding for resistance gear to get into raids.

One thing I wish retail did better is exploring. I think they should implement something like the explorer path they had in Wildstar. And maybe a housing system like they have in Swtor (minus the shop where u can buy items). Building an undead inspired house near The Undercity where you have Sylvanas painting on the wall. It would be nice to have something more relaxing like that, where you can slow down and not only focus on gear progression. It's too much focus on azerite/legion artficats and the AP level in retail. So you don't feel like you have the time to explore the world.

I would also like a social system in the game, where you get more exp when you group up with people. And when you group up with people to explore stuff or to do quests, you get points into the social system where you can unlock transmog sets, housing items, pets and mounts. Make harder quest chains where you have to commincate with other to finish it, like puzzle quests. Make mini dungeons for 2-3 people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I think the pain when people wake up out of their dream, smashing on the ground (my god what a bad metaphor, sorry) will be too damn strong.
    "Omg I can finally log into this awesome vanilla wow everyone talked about since I started playing in wrathofthelolking... "
    "Here I come boralus"