10+ Year Old Account
    Lol outcry or not there is ZERO chance they remake season 8

Besides they'd need at least 2 more seasons anyways to really flesh out the stories they were trying to tell

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Lol outcry or not there is ZERO chance they remake season 8

Besides they'd need at least 2 more seasons anyways to really flesh out the stories they were trying to tell
    Saying there is zero chance is being far far far to optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Game of Throne Fans: What we love about GoT is how they subvert expectations.

Also GoT Fans: Season 8 was terrible because it did not go like I expected.

That being said, season 8 was clearly rushed and they needed at least 2 more full 10 episode seasons to build the character archs in a way that made sense for how they ended. However, I don't think it was nearly as bad as everyone seems to think it was.
    No, people loved GoT because actions had real consequences.
    Ned died because he wouldn't play the game
    Robb died because he put himself before his alliance.
    ect.

Not because 'lolz subvert expectations'.
    That's D&D when they ran out of GRRM's material and had to come up with stuff themselves.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

If anything I wished Jon had not been sneaky :

-Jon confronts Daenerys : Why did you do that yada yada...
    -Dany gets mad : You're siding with my enemy! Traitor! You're my enemy now!
    -Drogon pops up : Dracarys!
    -Jon closes his eyes, walks outside of the fire (bonus point is all ablaze except for face, awesome is hair are burning) : I loved you...
    -Dany gets impaled by a fiery Longclaw before Drogon is able to react (lol if fire actually buffs Jon, Lord of Light influence/aftereffects combined with Dragonlord Blood)
    -Fight between Drogon and Jon, I'd expect Drogon to die for closure (both could), alternatively Dragonlord Blood is too strong, and both end up flying beyond the Wall (bonus points if both are maimed)
    -Double bonus points if the Iron Throne gets melted during one of those fights
    -Triple bonus points if it happens during Tyrion's execution
    -Quadruple bonus points if Tyrion survives execution à la Targaryen (IE : Tywinn was right)
    -Quintuple bonus points if Tyrion ends up king (wouldn't have been more cringy than the epilogue we were inflicted with, and would give a substantially better justification for Bronn's and Podricks new positions)

Extra ROFL if instead :
    -Dany : do you have anything to say?
    -Tyrion : My last wish... since a child I've always dreamed on flying on a Dragon
    -Dany : very well
    -Tyrion and Drogon (or Vyserion in book maybe?) fly off in the distance never to be seen again...

Citation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    True, I was just thinking the other day what Alt Shift X and others are going to do for their main content. But maybe HBO will have the next show out by next year, they already have Namoi Watts as one of the lead roles for it. But will it suffer like all spinoffs do? I have high hopes it doesn't.

But then there's also the huge outcry for them to remake the last season, which seems the only people who actually are happy with it are the dipshit writers and Sophie Turner. Doubt it will happen, but it could be a first.
    President of Programming at HBO Casey Bloys already came out and said in a recent interview that he is not sure if the prequel will be premiering next year. He stated that they would not rush this and will let this become the best product possible. He didn't rule out 2020 but he also didn't commit to it. I am willing to bet we will see the prequel in 2021.

They obviously won't remake season 8 due to the cost and time of episode 3 primarily. They knew this was the outcome and HBO along with GRRM tried to prevent it but D&D had Star Wars in the pipeline and GoT was the victim.
    Last edited by Byuiso; 2019-05-23 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    They obviously won't remake season 8 due to the cost and time of episode 3. They knew this was the outcome and HBO along with GRRM tried to prevent it but D&D had Star Wars in the pipeline and GoT was the victim.
    Star Wars is a convenient scapegoat right now but the truth is that D&D had their hearts set on 7 seasons for a long time, despite GRRM and HBO trying to get them to go for 10+ the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    President of Programming at HBO Casey Bloys already came out and said in a recent interview that he is not sure if the prequel will be premiering next year. He stated that they would not rush this and will let this become the best product possible. He didn't rule out 2020 but he also didn't commit to it. I am willing to bet we will see the prequel in 2021.
    That'll be fine, we waited 2 years for this mess, we can wait 2 more for something better.

They obviously won't remake season 8 due to the cost and time of episode 3 primarily. They knew this was the outcome and HBO along with GRRM tried to prevent it but D&D had Star Wars in the pipeline and GoT was the victim.
    I saw the recent one where GRRM stated that he tried to push for like 10 seasons, saying they could have done even more than that with all the material. But as long as those asshats are out of the way and GRRM works with HBO, they can now do whatever they want and switch out writers whenever.
    And it pisses me off that they were chosen to do those 3 Old Republic movies, being that I've wanted movies set in that time period forever now :/

You know what GRRM should greenlight now, if he has the rights to it. An Anime-like series of Game of Thrones now that it's live action is done. Don't need big name actors, can be more like the source material and explore the other characters never shown in the show with greater detail and the battles will be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Star Wars is a convenient scapegoat right now but the truth is that D&D had their hearts set on 7 seasons for a long time, despite GRRM and HBO trying to get them to go for 10+ the whole time.
    Maybe you're right and Star Wars is a convenient scapegoat but there is no way D&D really thought season 7 & 8 was quality storytelling. The actors couldn't even praise it. They all voiced displeasure and disappointment with how the show ended. Emilia Clarke even said in an interview that she knew Dany story would most likely end this way but she hated how she got there so quickly and abruptly. D&D knew they had a very sub-par product and did not care. Maybe they did have 7 seasons in mind but to give this series a half-assed, rushed, incoherent story is a failure and oversight on their part.
    Last edited by Byuiso; 2019-05-23 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My OP:

https://old.reddit.com/r/freefolk/co...t_episodes_46/

Found it earlier, I think this is what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Big. Yikes.

This can’t be real but it wouldn’t surprise me anymore.

Damn so it was this haha
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    I thought the unsullied did not do anything because they do not know how to think for themselves. Grey Worm was killing the Lannister soldiers because he was told to by Danny, not because he wanted to. Arrested Tyrion because he was told to. Everything he did was because he was told to. He may have been freed, but he was "programmed" from day one to listen, not speak (unless told to...). The rest of the Unsullied, followed Grey Worm.
    Exactly. Even if Daenerys freed the Unsullied, they still had a slave mentality. Slaves for whom the only purpose in life is to fight and kill at their masters will. And then Dany had the Dothraki, whose main purpose in life is to raid, pilliage, enslave and rape. Add to this the dragons who would eat "anything" and are not easily controled ("a dragon is not a slave", as Dany said), and it was clear it could not end well for her.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, season 8 was clearly rushed and they needed at least 2 more full 10 episode seasons to build the character archs in a way that made sense for how they ended. However, I don't think it was nearly as bad as everyone seems to think it was.
    I believe they could have done something quite acceptable if the last two seasons had 10 episodes each. That's seven more episodes. Enough time to flesh out some characters more and tie some lose ends.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Man, been watching Preston for years. And now his watch is ended.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    TBF, Lena Headey did a good job at being Cersei. Not her fault they did fuck all with the character. At least Cersei wasn't bad a Bran. My dude got paid just to sit there and look bored the entire season.
    I think she’s amazing. But it’s like they only paid her per word in season 8

I actually think all of the actors are amazing. But even good acting can’t save garbage writing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Exactly. Even if Daenerys freed the Unsullied, they still had a slave mentality. Slaves for whom the only purpose in life is to fight and kill at their masters will. And then Dany had the Dothraki, whose main purpose in life is to raid, pilliage, enslave and rape. Add to this the dragons who would eat "anything" and are not easily controled ("a dragon is not a slave", as Dany said), and it was clear it could not end well for her.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe they could have done something quite acceptable if the last two seasons had 10 episodes each. That's seven more episodes. Enough time to flesh out some characters more and tie some lose ends.
    I wouldn't say that the Unsullied have been slaves for a while. That stopped when Grey Worm gained some agency. They are the 'perfect soldiers' though. 100% to their mission and the chain of command even if they don't necessarily believe in the cause. Dany had stopped 'owning' them well before that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    That's D&D when they ran out of GRRM's material and had to come up with stuff themselves.
    The funny thing is that even without the last 2 books they didn't run out of material, they either just ignored entire plotlines or condensed them into other characters (Like the Dornish masterplan, young Griff, lol Stannis).

D&D were just rushing to end it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Considering "subverting expectations" is usually a term used in a negative manner I highly doubt that fans loved it because of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Yes. That's precisely why people are complaining about the last season.
    I would say it is nearly universal that people who complain are those that don't get what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I had been looking forward to Preston's review of episode 6 more than the finale itself

If they were expecting to get there expectations subverted, then... did they get what they wanted?