Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Its the new system

No "charge while in combat macro" for you

(from my understanding, someone plz correct me)
    Charge -> change to Berserker Stance -> Intercept (works in combat).

Afair.

Does anyone have knowledge on how to convert the following macro over to the new Classic system:

#showtooltip Flash Heal
    /cast [@target, help, nodead] Flash Heal; [@target, harm, nodead] Smite; Shadow Mend

What it does on Retail WoW is cast Flash Heal if the target is friendly and not dead, Smite if the target is an enemy, and if both conditions were false, cast Shadow Mend on myself. Testing a macro like the following on the Stress Test server didn't work for me, probably for obvious reasons, but I don't know how to fix it:

#showtooltip Smite (Rank 1)
    /cast [@target, help, nodead] Lesser Heal (Rank 1); [@target, harm, nodead] Smite (Rank 1)

Any hints are very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by noragrets View Post
    Does anyone have knowledge on how to convert the following macro over to the new Classic system:

#showtooltip Flash Heal
    /cast [@target, help, nodead] Flash Heal; [@target, harm, nodead] Smite; Shadow Mend

What it does on Retail WoW is cast Flash Heal if the target is friendly and not dead, Smite if the target is an enemy, and if both conditions were false, cast Shadow Mend on myself. Testing a macro like the following on the Stress Test server didn't work for me, probably for obvious reasons, but I don't know how to fix it:

#showtooltip Smite (Rank 1)
    /cast [@target, help, nodead] Lesser Heal (Rank 1); [@target, harm, nodead] Smite (Rank 1)

Any hints are very much appreciated!
    Classic basically uses the same macro system as bfa. Your macro should work fine.

Actually, after checking your macro I noticed you put a space between the spell and the rank. It should be:

#showtooltip Smite(Rank 1)
    /cast [@target,help,nodead] Lesser Heal(Rank 1) ; [@target,harm,nodead] Smite(Rank 1)

You should just shift-leftclick on the spells in your spellbook when typing the macros to avoid small mistakes like these.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-05-23 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Classic basically uses the same macro system as bfa. Your macro should work fine.

Actually, after checking your macro I noticed you put a space between the spell and the rank. It should be:

#showtooltip Smite(Rank 1)
    /cast [@target,help,nodead] Lesser Heal(Rank 1) ; [@target,harm,nodead] Smite(Rank 1)
    Thank you, appreciate your response! The space between spell and rank was indeed one of the pitfalls. Though at first I was certain that that wasn't the only issue, I found it working and behave as expected, like you said. So you're absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i just tested this macro, and it doesnt work.

#showtooltip Cheap Shot
    /cast Pick Pocket
    /cast Cheap Shot

it just uses cheap shot.

is there another macro you know off? thanks.
    This does work and I have it on all my stealth abilities.

Don't run/jump around like a headless chicken though, pick pocket requires you to not attack and not move. Switch auto loot on, but I guess that's default for everyone anyway.

what about addons like decursive in vanilla? didn't they auto-pick who to dispel if they had an applicable debuff (so druid would hit his decursive button and it would poison dispel the poisons on a person that had poisons?)

There were macros and add-ons to automate everything, including fishing. You could literally AFK fish in Vanilla. An old guildmate had rigged up an autopather with Tomtom (or equivalent) to auto-walk to a set coordinate.

Yeah. I can definitely see Blizz not wanting some of the macro and add-ons systems that they consciously killed returning. Most of these were dead by 1.12 anyways, so...

But that was an integral part of WoW for many players!
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

3+ Year Old Account
    Why play if you “automate” everything.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    The new macro system is also very powerfull. Just cant put abilities with gcd together in one macro and have them "fall through" all the lines if you cant cast the first line.

You can even let a macro cast something while you are in combat and something else while you out of combat. Just put [combat] in front of the ability in your /cast macro. Should work. (Will check some stuff later in stresstest to confirm what works)

/cast !Auto Shot
    prevents you from de-toggleing auto shot again. Works with every "on toggle" ability. You can do chain eagle eye casts with this, pretty fun.

I like the new system more tbh.
    This, the new system is a billion times better than the old one. I've played on some private servers and I fucking hate having to deal with macros there, especially targeting ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noragrets View Post
    Thank you, appreciate your response! The space between spell and rank was indeed one of the pitfalls. Though at first I was certain that that wasn't the only issue, I found it working and behave as expected, like you said. So you're absolutely correct.
    Also, if you don't include the rank of the spell, it'll default to the max rank.

As much as my hunter will miss its "one button macro for every damage dealing ability on a priority basis" which would sit on scroll wheel and see me top dps with ease, its one of those things which will necessarily be absent due to changes in the underlying platform on which the game is being built. Other examples would be "unlimited button-frames", and "wall-walking", no matter how much these were part of the vanilla experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i just tested this macro, and it doesnt work.

#showtooltip Cheap Shot
    /cast Pick Pocket
    /cast Cheap Shot

it just uses cheap shot.

is there another macro you know off? thanks.
    I used literally this macro on stress test and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    I used literally this macro on stress test and it worked fine.
    It should do, Pick Pocket doesn't use up a GCD.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Its going to be much easier to create macros now compared to private servers, slight change but addons like supermacro did this job anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I'm not aware that this was ever supported by the macro system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    When has this ever been a macro possibility?
    It was, in classic, until the BC prepatch was released. Addons and macros like those were the reason for the restriction we have today.