Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    But BiS lists are tools to achieve min/max definitions for a spec.

By definition min/max is not really a spectrum. If you're not going for min/max values, you're not min/maxing.
    .....so, yeah, you're using "min/max" to mean "absolute 100% max".

The entire point of this thread is "no, min/max does not mean absolute 100% max".

Thanks for not reading.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

The entire point of this thread is "no, min/max does not mean absolute 100% max".

Thanks for not reading.
    You don't agree with my position so you haven't read my thread.

Yeah g1 m8.

I like how decently min maxing means I can't play enhancement shaman

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not 100% or 0% of what's possible, it's not the minimum or maximun.

Even in WoW's culture - people who aren't at their max are TRYING to reach it, so they too like to "minmax".

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I like how decently min maxing means I can't play enhancement shaman
    Save gold for this

https://www.wowhead.com/item=19169/nightfall

Go enhancement up to AQ with it with a casual chillout Guild.

Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Save gold for this

https://www.wowhead.com/item=19169/nightfall

Go enhancement up to AQ with it with a casual chillout Guild.

Have fun
    Can I buy that or do I have to make it with blacksmithing?

This thread title is an oxymoron. Minmaxing isn't a spectrum you either minmax or not.

I have no idea someone plz reply

This is just something i heard was done.
    Is it optimal? No.
    Its just a fun thing to do with Shaman DPS as a full on support spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekal View Post
    Is there somewhere I can see how well each spec does in dps? I was going to play shadow but I heard you have to farm every single consumable to stay relevant which was offputting... thinking about hunter or mage now.
    Shadow is great in PvP
    You need a ton of gear for pve and then hope ppl don't dump you for a healer

snip
    People cant accept to be told what to do and how to do it on another aspect in their life.

So, when it happens in what they consider "A getaway" from the usual, wife, boss, work, they dont like it.

They dont want to get better, because in their brain they dont have to, its a way to blow of steam for all the problems in their life.

But thats the extreme casual archetype.

Its the guy that claims to have played Vanilla and reached level 40 after 1 year 5 months into TBC, hey he did play vanilla, just didnt actually play it.

Its the guy that claims to have raider Karazhan, but raided it with Sunwell badge gear, 2 years after.

Problem with Classic, that Retail doesnt have is that the balance is actually terrible and people refuse to accept it.

Retail has a community perception problem, Blizzard stated this and there is no way to fix it, all classes are playable for the content Blizzard cares to balance, but the community is so bad at the game that all they see is "IF CLASS X DOES 2% MORE DPS THEN THATS WHAT I AM GONNA INVITE FOR MY NORMAL PUG AND M+3".

Classic has actual balance problems and people really expect that somehow everything will be alright.

Not everyone plays the game at the same terrible level as the community expects them to play in terms of fun.

A DPS that can play, wont just stand there and not DPS to his full potential so some bear druid can feel he can tank, or some "Prot Paladin".

And many similar things.

Its not about min/maxing, its literally terrible state of balance.

Its like in the kid movies, where the weak kid always get bullied and picked last or not picked at all for Basketball/baseball, but Vanilla is not a movie where the good always prevails.

Min/Maxing is spending 20.000 gold on gems/enchants until you get the last point right and your sims finally stop switching between Haste/Crit because you reached a threshold.

Wanting to not be shit at a game, and expecting others to do the same, is not min/maxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    You don't agree with my position so you haven't read my thread.

Yeah g1 m8.
    His "opinion" completely ignores the entire point of the thread.

g1 m8

I never said "BIS list is a spectrum"

Using / not using a BIS list, is part of the spectrum.
    Reaching BIS is min-maxing.

There isn't any other way to min-max. If you aren't aiming for BIS, then you aren't min-maxing.

It means working towards and reaching 100% absolute max. You can't just refer to an incomplete BIS list as a 'spectrum'.

Min/max basically means working towards maximum, so choosing to stop anywhere before 100% absolute max means you are no longer min/maxing.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-23 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Reaching BIS is min-maxing.

There isn't any other way to min-max. It's a one-way train. Either you are trying to reach that destination, or you're not. There's no 'spectrum of trains'.
    He is just saying there is different levels of min maxing.

Having "just BiS" and "best talents" being the lowest level of min maxing.

Nightfall is BoE You can buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

It is so fucking cringy when people know what OP meant but, has to be " there is only 100% or no min/max". That, and spectrum jokes. Original shit right there.

He is just saying there is different levels of min maxing.

Having "just BiS" and "best talents" being the lowest level of min maxing.
    That's not how it works. That is not a spectrum. And no, there are no different levels of min/maxing.

If you aren't working towards the optimum then you aren't min/maxing. What we like to call raids or guilds or people min/maxing is just them trying to play to their advantages, not actually min/maxing.

Minmax is absolutely not a spectrum. It's clearly defined to be just one thing. One philosophy.
    The spectrum you mean to point out is the spectrum of players. Millions of people play a countless number of ways. Minmaxing is the high end.

Why is the word "minmax" so black & white?

So you are telling me all Guilds who want to min max have to have the same exact raid comp? Everything to perfection incarnated, as Gods amongst man walking this earth?

Why is the word "minmax" so black & white?

So you are telling me all Guilds who want to min max have to have the same exact raid comp? Everything to perfection incarnated, as Gods amongst man walking this earth?
    Because that's the meaning.

Min Max = Black and White, Spectrum = Rainbow. You see the conflict?

If you want to describe a Rainbow, then you shouldn't use Black and White to do so.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-23 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Because that's the meaning.

Min Max = Black and White, Spectrum = Shades of Gray. You see the conflict? You probably aren't going to use Shades of Gray to describe how the term 'Black and White' works.
    As minmaxing is perfection incarnated is therefore impossible to achieve then.
    No Guild World First min maxes then as they have different class comps and missplay.