Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Started playing on a friends account in December of 04 then I got my own account in January 05 I played all through classic, but never could land on a single character I liked to play and just bounced around a bunch of different ones the highest I got in Vanilla was 45 on Rogue, I didn't actually get to max level until BC where I started Raiding.

First time. 16days.
    2nd time. 9days.
    3rd time 7.5 days.
    4-6th time on various private realms: 6d 12hours to 7days.
    Its basicly where you land if you level normally and do the dungeons once or twiice and doing most of the quest.

Mob farming ofc is a fastest route to go. If your alone on a good spot aoe farming or just killing stuff really fast you can easily level to 60 in well under 6days played, maybe even 5days.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recon it took me a few months. Barely played 2-3hours a day. Life as kid with limitations on the computer
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Roughly 8 days played on my first character a priest. My farm hunter was roughly 5 or 6 days. Everything else I had then took about 7 or 8 days each.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I recall it took me /played 7 days (around 160 hours) to hit 60, you?
    11 days, but got there with max herbalism, alchemy, cooking, 150ish fishing, mount and some gold (around 300).

I was not rushing at all, I used no addons and I took time to get the carrot on a stick and the +hit trinket from hinterlands.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

It took me 2 months to get my first 60, that was with after school till bedtime, and playing all weekend, my 2nd 60 i went with hunter and got there in less than a month though. I made the horrible decision of lvling a paladin as my first.

I only got to 42 in vanilla as a rogue, and it took me around half a year I think. I kept making new characters and wasting my time doing stupid shit, like spending more than a day running to tanaris, dying all the time on my way, because I heard you could get a potion that makes you into a skeleton there. Only to find out, that apparently you need to do a quest for it. I also wasted plenty of time trying to stealth around the world, pickpocketing randomly. I remember quitting the character because I thought mount was too expensive, so I made a druid, because they were OP pieces of shit purely due to travel form, which was totally an OP permanent sprint.

Think it was 20-21 days on holy priest, took me about 3 months irl. Last 3 levels was only killing mobs with holy nova in EPL at Corin's Crossing.
    After that I farmed low level humanoids with holy nova for linen cloth to sell to a top guild on the server for the war effort to open the AQ gates and I could buy the epic mount.

Started in January of 2005, made many characters and deleted them until I settled on a warrior. I believe I hit 60 sometime in September. I think I hit 60 the same day guild killed Hakkar? So maybe as late October?

When I made my priest, I want to say it took me a month or two of off and on playing to hit 60.

My first 60 took forever. Like four months of playing hours every day. I didn't use any of the help sites or anything, I just played through normally and remember thinking even at level 10 that it was taking a really long time to hit 11 and damn this is going to take ages. The first raid guild I joined was already into MC and ZG at that point but they used dkp and it took me several more months t start being able to actually bid on items loot successfully.

When we hit BWL, I started a hunter and remember thinking it was ridiculously easy by comparison. Took half the amount of time to ding 60, mostly because I just knew where everything was but also partially because I started as an orc for that toon and my first was an undead. The undead starting zone sucks imo.

This character was a shaman--I don't think I max leveled before BC on that one. It was too painful doing the enhance thing after two pet classes.

24~ days played IIRC. As a druid. Patch I don't know, some time before BWL release.

It took me about 3-4 months of casual play, which ended up around 10 days played. A lot of that was exploring, professions or doing BGs and random things though. And since my first toon was a night elf, I spent most of my time alone across Kalimdor.

depend of the class
    class like the mage was so long... you had to spend all your mana for one combat, drink, etc.. you was drinking at each 2-3 mob, dunno if that will be the same here, but if it is, going for mage for first class is really a long fight

and peoples should remember that the first time ever in a mmo was a thing for a lot of people, like myself, i was doign everything, visiting everything on a slow pace, it was a wonderful adventure at the time

first time in a mmo experience > knowing already the game

I started in TBC but it took me like 3 or 4 months. For a few weeks I had no idea how to quest, learn new class spells or anything. I would just duel other lvl 10s, explore and kill mobs, it was my first MMO and my English was not as good as it is now in 2007/8. It was cool tho, not rush to max level and exploring everything in awe.

About Classic /played to reach level 60? I can see people doing it in 5 days or less tbh. Some people already have their leveling routes designed to the smalest detail.

As for me, I think it will take ~10 /played days. I won't rush to 60 but I don't want to be like only level 30 when there's already lots of people at 60.

Anyone playing Classic should expect around 160 hours of playtime to reach level 60. Some may be fast, some may take a bit more time. However around 160 hours is what it will usually take for your first character. The means it will take you between 6 1/2 and 7 days of pure play time to get to the endgame.

If you play about 2-3 hours on average per day then you should expect to reach max level within 2-3 months after you started. Obviously the more extreme cases where people spend 6-8 hours per day will be able to get to max level in less than 1 month...

I think the very first character I played in Vanilla it took me about 3 weeks. I started on release day and played EXCESSIVELY. And I was the first alliance max level druid on my server back then and afterwards also the first to complete the T0 set. Thinking back I'd say it was a lot of wasted time, but damn it still was fun...
    Please don't take that last part as bragging. Back then I had no job and was pretty much glued to my computer. It isn't something I'd recommend...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerska123 View Post
    Stupid shit? Umm.... i literally told you how it will be, you can believe in anything you want tho I'm not really against dellusions of others. Regarding my 1 post acc, i have several reasons to be on it.
    Correct. Stupid shit. If you think Blizz is going to be cool with blatant account sharing, given that they never have been and even recently suspended mythic raiders for that very thing, yes, that is some stupid shit. And if you think the pirate servers are an accurate representation of how the Classic servers will time, that is also some stupid shit.

In summary, yes, stupid shit. I would go so far as to say very stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Correct. Stupid shit. If you think Blizz is going to be cool with blatant account sharing, given that they never have been and even recently suspended mythic raiders for that very thing, yes, that is some stupid shit. And if you think the pirate servers are an accurate representation of how the Classic servers will time, that is also some stupid shit.

In summary, yes, stupid shit. I would go so far as to say very stupid shit.
    ;D Blizzard never once banned anyone for account sharing in WoW, i know entire fucking families playing on a single acc/even character and raiding on it
    But you are simply way too autistic/ignorant and obviously extremely dumb to know that, not to mention that family playing is allowed even by TOS, ROFLMAO.

eu.battle.net/support/en/article/13961

Even more so it's not hard to use same VPN so IP appears identical or actually visit friends place if it's 2 friends playing, and viola = no way to detect. So,yeah stupid shit is you and in this case extremely stupid one, not even worth my time to chat with tbh.
    Last edited by Nerska123; 2019-05-24 at 10:51 AM.

Back in the day it took me over 20 days played because there was so much more fun in the world than just leveling. On pservers it took me 5 days, so on classic i'd guess somewhere between 5 to 8 days depending on the fun.

I don't remember days played. It was about 3 months. First ever MMO, didn't have a clue about anything.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    I don't remember days played. It was about 3 months. First ever MMO, didn't have a clue about anything.
    About same for me I was new to mmos and a total noob.

I even leveled a mage to 40 and said I’ll just level a warrior to 60. I deleted the mage.

Dumbest thing I ever did in WoW.