Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Need psych paper topic help!!!

Hello fellow gamers! I am currently doing finals for this semester in college and my psychology paper is due by Friday at midnight. I know this is very last minute oh, but I am having problems deciding on what to write about. We are supposed to do a research paper based on something we have covered in the class in terms of topics that we went over. The problem is I don't know what the hell to write about. We covered so much in class that it's very overwhelming to me and even here two days before it is due I don't know what to write about. So I'm turning to you, fellow MMO-Champ readers to ask for help. Any opinions or advice or suggestions would be greatly welcomed. Keep in mind this is not have to be an in-depth 20 Page research paper. this is for a general psychology class and just needs to be 5 Pages minimum with four to five citations minimum. I'm not concerned with being able to get it in on time because typically I write papers really fast. 5 pages which include citations can easily be can't be done in a few hours for me.

To give a better understanding of what we are supposed to write about in terms of topics, in the course of the semester we have went over stages of sleep / insomnia, sleep problems and disorders, substance use and abuse, other states of consciousness including meditation, All of the senses including vision hearing Etc, learning / conditioning, cognition / problem solving / intelligence / mental retardation, memory and how the brain functions, problems with memory, lifespan development, stages of development, death and dying including the stages of grief, motivating factors both internal and external, hunger and eating, sexual behavior, emotions, Freud and his theory of personality, what personalities are, learning approaches, neo-Freudian theorists like Adler/Erikson/Jung/Horney, Humanistic approaches like Maslow and Carl Rogers, social psychology (the power of the situation to influence individuals thoughts feelings and behaviors), self presentation ( AKA social norms), Conformity compliance and obedience, prejudice and discrimination, aggression, prosocial behavior (love, intimacy, passion, commitment), Psychological disorder ( anxiety, OCD and Related Disorders, PTSD, mood disorders, schizophrenia, dissociative disorders AKA multiple personalities, personality disorders including personality styles that are odd and eccentric or impulsive dramatic highly emotional and erratic or nervous and fearful personalities, ADHD, autism, Mental health treatment of the past in present, types of psychological treatment, modalities of treatment, substance and addictive Disorders Treatment, and finally socio-cultural and therapy utilization AKA treatment that is cultural or religious belief based.

I want to add this is not asking for help writing a paper, I'm just asking for advice on what to write about.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Hello fellow gamers! I am currently doing finals for this semester in college and my psychology paper is due by Friday at midnight. I know this is very last minute oh, but I am having problems deciding on what to write about. We are supposed to do a research paper based on something we have covered in the class in terms of topics that we went over. The problem is I don't know what the hell to write about. We covered so much in class that it's very overwhelming to me and even here two days before it is due I don't know what to write about. So I'm turning to you, fellow MMO-Champ readers to ask for help. Any opinions or advice or suggestions would be greatly welcomed. Keep in mind this is not have to be an in-depth 20 Page research paper. this is for a general psychology class and just needs to be 5 Pages minimum with four to five citations minimum. I'm not concerned with being able to get it in on time because typically I write papers really fast. 5 pages which include citations can easily be can't be done in a few hours for me.

To give a better understanding of what we are supposed to write about in terms of topics, in the course of the semester we have went over stages of sleep / insomnia, sleep problems and disorders, substance use and abuse, other states of consciousness including meditation, All of the senses including vision hearing Etc, learning / conditioning, cognition / problem solving / intelligence / mental retardation, memory and how the brain functions, problems with memory, lifespan development, stages of development, death and dying including the stages of grief, motivating factors both internal and external, hunger and eating, sexual behavior, emotions, Freud and his theory of personality, what personalities are, learning approaches, neo-Freudian theorists like Adler/Erikson/Jung/Horney, Humanistic approaches like Maslow and Carl Rogers, social psychology (the power of the situation to influence individuals thoughts feelings and behaviors), self presentation ( AKA social norms), Conformity compliance and obedience, prejudice and discrimination, aggression, prosocial behavior (love, intimacy, passion, commitment), Psychological disorder ( anxiety, OCD and Related Disorders, PTSD, mood disorders, schizophrenia, dissociative disorders AKA multiple personalities, personality disorders including personality styles that are odd and eccentric or impulsive dramatic highly emotional and erratic or nervous and fearful personalities, ADHD, autism, Mental health treatment of the past in present, types of psychological treatment, modalities of treatment, substance and addictive Disorders Treatment, and finally socio-cultural and therapy utilization AKA treatment that is cultural or religious belief based.

I want to add this is not asking for help writing a paper, I'm just asking for advice on what to write about.

Write what you are most passionate about or maybe learning more about.

Don’t do one on gaming. I laugh whenever I see someone write a paper on it and try to make it seem smart.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Don’t do one on gaming. I laugh whenever I see someone write a paper on it and try to make it seem smart.
    You clearly don't have a doctorate in economics with an emphasis on virtual markets.

Just choose a disorder and write about it in depth. My recommendation is to choose depression or anxiety disorders as those are the most common ones you'll see. Dissociative disorder clients are rare (although I might have one now! Very exciting and too long of a story to get into here). ADHD and autism are two other good ones.

My recommendation:

1. Choose a disorder
    2. Discuss prevalence, heredity factors, sociocultural influence (is the disorder more prevalent among lower SES populations or minority groups? one gender vs another?)
    3. DSM-5 diagnostic criteria
    4. Evidence-based treatment approaches
    5. Pharmacological treatments
    6. Challenges in treatment

If you have a question about a certain disorder, like what the evidence-based treatments are, just quote or mention me and I can list some.

Write about how your own body language can influence your mood.
    illuminati all over my body

So your paper is due in 2 days and you dont have a topic? Pick something and write it, no one here was in the same class as you so how can anyone give you advice on what to write? I have no idea what you've covered in class, but based on what you said you already have a list of topics so what is the point of this post? If you can't pick one for some reason write topics on paper and pick one from a hat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    So your paper is due in 2 days and you dont have a topic? Pick something and write it, no one here was in the same class as you so how can anyone give you advice on what to write? I have no idea what you've covered in class, but based on what you said you already have a list of topics so what is the point of this post? If you can't pick one for some reason write topics on paper and pick one from a hat.
    The problem I have is the criteria we have to pick from is so large that I can't narrow down something to write about. I listed what we've covered in class because the only criteria we have is that it should be about some topic we've discussed or idea we've discussed. It was a very broad topic selection which is overwhelming. I do better when I'm told to write something about W subject matter and include XYZ points.

7+ Year Old Account
    What is the purpose of night-dreams? Can the brain accomplish the exact same things with zero dreams?
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-05-24 at 02:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ooh these look like they might be interesting. Might actually do the MKUltra and incorporate the other stuff in order to get the full 5 pages we need to have!

Ooh these look like they might be interesting. Might actually do the MKUltra and incorporate the other stuff in order to get the full 5 pages we need to have!
    It gets really f'ing dark. Enjoy!
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    It gets really f'ing dark. Enjoy!
    Seriously just from the 1 Wikipedia page I saw, it looks like some Dale Gribble conspiracy theory bullshit lol

Seriously just from the 1 Wikipedia page I saw, it looks like some Dale Gribble conspiracy theory bullshit lol
    Yeah don't write an academic paper on that stuff, you're not going to get decent peer-reviewed sources.

Hehe, well gl w your paper
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Do one on the Doctor Who Psychic Paper

How people see what they want to see etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    What is the purpose of night-dreams? Can the brain accomplish the exact same things with zero dreams?
    There is some amazing research on that with Rats that explains what psychological function it has (in addition to the physical function).

Rats are seen doing three things basic functions over each sleep cycle.
    1. Review (reliving what happened)
    2. Creation (trying out new scenarios) <-- this is where the really weird dreams happen
    3. Evaluation and integration (updating your software) <-- no dreaming here.

They had mechanisms to be able to map the brain of the rat to a location on a maze that the rat was running during the waking time. They got to follow where the rat thought it was through the maze in steps 1 and 2.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah don't write an academic paper on that stuff, you're not going to get decent peer-reviewed sources.
    It's not that I would need to find peer-reviewed sources, I'm going with the approach I've see techniques that were used during the project and how they relate to psychology. Just looking over that one Wikipedia page shows a lot of stuff that was done to the people were things that we went over in class. Things like conditioning is what I'm talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    2. Creation (trying out new scenarios) <-- this is where the really weird dreams happen.
    For humans I think that is a driving force for dreams. It's like a hallucination engine, trying to take all of our seemingly rational convictions of how the world works and turning them on there head. To dissolve our creative roadblocks. A game of "think of something you can't think of".

Just browse the forums for a bit. Most of the regulars here have a whole menagerie of psychoses.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.