Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

10 pieces of loot a day

This game is churning out absurd amounts of gear for every player on a daily basis. There are about 10 pieces of loot on offer daily from world quests alone. Add in a couple of dungeons, etc. and you're looking at much more loot per day.

How is this healthy for the game? How is the game going to keep pace next expansion? 20 pieces of loot a day? Then 50? Items are already at that point where we simply don't care about them anymore. And with gear at the forefront of character progression this is alarming. Compare this to MoP where you'd be doing world quests (ie. dailies) for at least a week or two to get an item. And the item you'd get was actually decent. Now with RNG littered throughout the game you may never see an upgrade.

At some point Blizzard needs to completely scale down the astronomical gear inflation, beginning with Titanforging. We need to get back to sensible numbers of loot being distributed so we feel something when we get an item.

You're just complaining for attention now are you? There is no more loot dropping from worldquests than there was in the past expansions, let stand usefull loot. Only at the start of a new patch I might get 1 usefull item from a daily batch of wq's / emissaries, after about 2 weeks the chance to get an upgrade out of those items is near non-existant. My last titanforge from a wq that I could actually use was from mid Legion and I'm playing upto 10 toons.....

The only thing this whopping amount of 10 items gives is salvaged materials or some gold. Stop complaining, if you don't like the game, stop playing, problems solved. It's not like you're playing Diablo where 1 rift clear drops 10-20 legendaries (not that those are usefull either)

You're trying to argue two different points without really linking them.

"There's too much loot given out in the game."
    "Titanforging is to blame get rid of it."

You're not going to convince anyone with that kind of logic, just rally the people who already agree with what you're getting at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    This game is churning out absurd amounts of gear for every player on a daily basis. There are about 10 pieces of loot on offer daily from world quests alone. Add in a couple of dungeons, etc. and you're looking at much more loot per day.

How is this healthy for the game? How is the game going to keep pace next expansion? 20 pieces of loot a day? Then 50? Items are already at that point where we simply don't care about them anymore. And with gear at the forefront of character progression this is alarming. Compare this to MoP where you'd be doing world quests (ie. dailies) for at least a week or two to get an item. And the item you'd get was actually decent. Now with RNG littered throughout the game you may never see an upgrade.

At some point Blizzard needs to completely scale down the astronomical gear inflation, beginning with Titanforging. We need to get back to sensible numbers of loot being distributed so we feel something when we get an item.
    you're whole argument falls apart when you realise that 99% of the gear you get is useless scrap material used for disenchanting to sell the parts on the AH.

Like the second post said, How much of those 10 pieces are actually usefull? Maybe 1 if the emmisary is a piece of loot?, and how often do those come up? maybe 1 a week. Do you think 1 piece of mediocre loot a week even from super easy content is too much? personally I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    you're whole argument falls apart when you realise that 99% of the gear you get is useless scrap material used for disenchanting to sell the parts on the AH.
    At the end of the day though I'd rather go back to not getting a bunch of useless gear from quests like that and go back to gearing through a progression of dungeons->raids (and I guess now M+)

As it stands normal, heroic, and regular mythic are about useless.

Right now this game hemorrhages gear. I have 5 120s and I can't name one piece of gear on any of them, its all generic. I'm pretty sure if anyone is being honest with themselves they can name 5 pieces of gear from vanilla before they can name 5 pieces from BfA even if you haven't played vanilla.

This game is churning out absurd amounts of gear for every player on a daily basis. There are about 10 pieces of loot on offer daily from world quests alone.
    It really doesnt take long to outgear the WQ rewards to the point of needing TF to make it usable. The last couple alts i did were geared to around LFR ilvl within days of hitting max lvl without doing any dungeons, buying any items or doing any raid above LFR

7+ Year Old Account

i back in wotlk could get like 500 pieces of loot a day farming old dungeons... does not mean any of that gear was good

those 370 and 400 azerite gears are literally useless, and they cant even titanforge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    Right now this game hemorrhages gear. I have 5 120s and I can't name one piece of gear on any of them, its all generic. I'm pretty sure if anyone is being honest with themselves they can name 5 pieces of gear from vanilla before they can name 5 pieces from BfA even if you haven't played vanilla.
    Sounds like you need to look at your gear for abit longer, i can name a fair few peices of my gear.

Mage fuse , incin sliver, charged synthetic specs, silverback cloak, zeulous culling bracers, desecrated blade of disicples, divine fury raimnent, moonpriest leggings, stone masons band

i know these or atleast think i know these, not ingame rightn ow, because when i got them, i remembered, and i see them all the time, and see their effects often
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

only no lifers have a problem with this. i play perhaps 6-8 hours a week and are happy with getting loot fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    At the end of the day though I'd rather go back to not getting a bunch of useless gear from quests like that and go back to gearing through a progression of dungeons->raids (and I guess now M+)

Agreed. I think they need to go back to an older way of progression, and that includes allowing for the content to be relevant an entire expansion, not just the current patch. By that I mean, ditch the massive amount of catch ups, have a clear progression path of gear (dungeons > heroic dungeons > raid > heroic raid) and let us progress through the content at our pace. By that I mean, don't bump the ilvl of WQ gear up to the heroic level of current raids in preperation of the next raid dropping; let us have that as a goal to obtain, not a hand out "We're going to force you into this content by trivializing the previous raids gear."

If they have to offer the WQs with gear, which are pathetically easy for the rewards they give, then have them capped out 5 ilvls above the players current ilvl and further capped equal to the ilvl expected to enter the first raid tiers normal mode. That'll allow for a bit of a catch up, but not skipping content right to equal with the current raids normal mode.

As for Mythics, cap the ilvl of the gear obtainable from the M+ dungeons at an ilvl comparable to normal raid or 5 ilvls above it at 10+ keys. Leave the Heroic raid as something people will actually get to obtain gear from and have a sense of accomplishment. As for Mythic raids, maybe just do cosmetics like the new necklace system is going to do, mounts, pets, and transmog exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    All the gear I can name from Vanilla was iconic/had a cool name like Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood, or Halberd of Smiting OR simple names like Scarlet boots, Herod’s Shoulder. Besides vanilla gear has been out since VANILLA! that’s right around 15 years. Most of that easy loot is bound for the vendor or the scrapper. So if anything complain about the scrapper hurting the mat economy.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    No, that is a big part of it.

It used to be "yay I got the item" was the dopamine hit. But we kept building up tolerance to the drug, so they kept giving more. Now we have to get the item every day just keep in a neutral mood, and hope it TFs at about the rate we previously "got the item" at.

That's been the case for an expansion or two now, so they're going to have to up it again soon. We'll get TFs all the time, but they'll add "ultraforge" (or ancient items) which is just a better upgrade.

The goalposts will keep moving until they have to squish, like they do with every other system in the game.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Agreed. I think they need to go back to an older way of progression, and that includes allowing for the content to be relevant an entire expansion, not just the current patch. By that I mean, ditch the massive amount of catch ups, have a clear progression path of gear (dungeons > heroic dungeons > raid > heroic raid) and let us progress through the content at our pace. By that I mean, don't bump the ilvl of WQ gear up to the heroic level of current raids in preperation of the next raid dropping; let us have that as a goal to obtain, not a hand out "We're going to force you into this content by trivializing the previous raids gear."

If they have to offer the WQs with gear, which are pathetically easy for the rewards they give, then have them capped out 5 ilvls above the players current ilvl and further capped equal to the ilvl expected to enter the first raid tiers normal mode. That'll allow for a bit of a catch up, but not skipping content right to equal with the current raids normal mode.

As for Mythics, cap the ilvl of the gear obtainable from the M+ dungeons at an ilvl comparable to normal raid or 5 ilvls above it at 10+ keys. Leave the Heroic raid as something people will actually get to obtain gear from and have a sense of accomplishment. As for Mythic raids, maybe just do cosmetics like the new necklace system is going to do, mounts, pets, and transmog exclusives.
    I agree with what’s you’re saying. WQ gear should only go as high as the LFR threshold with a chance to proc up. If anything do like the WoD mission table raids where you had to complete a boss of a normal to get normal gear the next week or heroic for heroic etc

Nobody is doing WQs hoping the crappy 365 blue is going to proc to 425 TF. That's just not reality.

The loot offered by WQs becomes obsolete incredibly quickly even for brand new characters. It's a catchup mechanism, not a main path to gear. And it does its job well. Nobody wants to do WQs for two weeks before they're ready to tackle raids and dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Nobody is doing WQs hoping the crappy 365 blue is going to proc to 425 TF. That's just not reality.

The loot offered by WQs becomes obsolete incredibly quickly even for brand new characters. It's a catchup mechanism, not a main path to gear. And it does its job well. Nobody wants to do WQs for two weeks before they're ready to tackle raids and dungeons.
    What's wrong with having dungeons for catch up like.. oh all the other expansions before legion and bfa?

Right now dungeons before M+ are useless.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    10 pieces? That seems like a lot less then the thousands you can/could get from every expan by running dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    I agree with what’s you’re saying. WQ gear should only go as high as the LFR threshold with a chance to proc up. If anything do like the WoD mission table raids where you had to complete a boss of a normal to get normal gear the next week or heroic for heroic etc
    So... You want to make wq's even more useless?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post

You don’t need to go back though you can just ignore world gear and do dungeons then go into raiding.

I get too much stuff I can't use so therefore less stuff I can't use is better because less stuff is harder. Random streamer. Vanilla.