Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Classic hasn’t even released yet and people want to mess with it already...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Karazhan was intended for classic, or so I read. Could be a cool addition.

If they actually add a new "expansion" to classic and you stay at 60, I really do hope they try that on retail because man the leveling is getting ridiculous and having to reset EVERYTHING for every expansion is obnoxious and makes all previous content irrelevant. Would be a nice change of pace.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If they actually add a new "expansion" to classic and you stay at 60, I really do hope they try that on retail because man the leveling is getting ridiculous and having to reset EVERYTHING for every expansion is obnoxious and makes all previous content irrelevant. Would be a nice change of pace.
    And this is one of the reasons why Classic is wanted. No hard reset, oh all my work is now down the drain, and I can start all over again with expansion number XXX its getting tiresome to say the least and I for one have gotten off the hamster wheel. Classic cannot come soon enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    but... classic is classic...

leave it alone.
    This, now read my sig. You don't get to add content to classic, that already happened. Its called The Burning Crusade, The Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor, Legion, and Battle for Azeroth.

If I was going to ever change anything, it would be to give Prot Pallies taunt and increase the debuff slots for raid bosses. That is all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    And this is one of the reasons why Classic is wanted. No hard reset, oh all my work is now down the drain, and I can start all over again with expansion number XXX its getting tiresome to say the least and I for one have gotten off the hamster wheel. Classic cannot come soon enough for me.
    One of the greatest advantages Classic has over retail is that no actions you take are a waste of time. There are no resets, there are no catchup mechanics, everything you do contributes to your character progression, guild progression, community etc.

Compare this to retail, where everything you do is made redundant and obsolete every 3-5 months.

Classic is like Techno, it's a progression of rhythm and beats that layer and builds over time and is highly rewarding. Retail is like electro bangers, instant gratification with very little substance

The basic idea to "expand" on classic at some point at first may sound cool and interesting. However it would raise way to many questions and problems. The biggest problem with "new" content in Classic would be how to implement it and where do place said content within the hierarchy.

1. Are you going to make it more difficult that Naxxramas with better gear?
    That would mean you'd have to finish Naxxramas first before you can even go to....let's say Grim Batol. However Naxxramas already was only finished by a very small percentage of the player base. The further you go in terms of difficulty and time reqirements the smaller the player base reaching that point will become. You should always remember that even Vaelestraz (second boss of BWL) was called the "guild breaker" because of how many groups failed there and broke apart. Didn't we have at least 1 or 2 bosses like that in AQ and Naxx as well?

2. If it is easier than Naxx and AQ what kind of gear do you want to have in there? Equal to AQ/Naxx? Better? Worse?
    Here this could mean you invalidate existing content which in itself would cause a HUUUUUUUUGE discussion.

3. What about the lore? Do you want to write WoW into different directions? Then what would be considered canon?

There are reasons why Blizzard did a reset when they released TBC. Everyone started fresh into the new expansion. Some had a headstart due to their gear, but when they reached level 70 and the new endgame content every player was somewhat on equal footing when it comes down to equipment which then throughout the expansion had another gap appearing because you had some player just doing easier content and some going higher up the ladder. It happens in every game.

And please, I'm not against expanding content of WoW Classic just because "Classic", but because we'd open a can of worms here which in the end would cause more problems than it would solve. Possibly (!!!) having TBC/WotLK servers at some point would be a much better solution.

And just in case you disagree with me on this one. Ask yourself what the long term impact on specific new content would be. Think about it and especially look at the first two questions I wrote down and try to imagine where this would lead us.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    If I was going to ever change anything, it would be to give Prot Pallies taunt and increase the debuff slots for raid bosses. That is all

- - - Updated - - -

One of the greatest advantages Classic has over retail is that no actions you take are a waste of time. There are no resets, there are no catchup mechanics, everything you do contributes to your character progression, guild progression, community etc.

Compare this to retail, where everything you do is made redundant and obsolete every 3-5 months.

Classic is like Techno, it's a progression of rhythm and beats that layer and builds over time and is highly rewarding. Retail is like electro bangers, instant gratification with very little substance
    Yup, and helping your guildies or random joe achieving something, be that Onyxia quest chain or MC access or help them farming item XXX means something for them and yourself, as you know that some items are BIS for the entire game, or will last them for years untill they might get lucky. Classic is just an MMO with solid RPG elements where community matters and even the smallest things like sharpening stones, throwing knives, bullets, a small pot or hell even a scroll matters, they are all elements that make this game what it is, and helps the community flourish.

Just shut down the servers after 3 years thats all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The other piece of content they started working on before scrapping it for an expansion was Outland/Hellfire Penninsula as a level 60 zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh, I think they probably had vague ideas to do something with Kharazhan too.
    Outland was where you were to finish the Ashbringer storyline and restore the blade. Karazhan was hinted at as a raid coming 'soon' but then got lopped in with BC's production schedule.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

The suggestions I've made in the original post could have their lore retro-fitted to fit current retail. Finishing off the remaning demons, and sewing the seeds for the rebirth of Hyjal could easily tie in to the Cataclysm questlines.
    We'd get to see Grim Batol before the Twilight Hammer took it over. No lore implications for retail, but expands on existing lore.
    Azshara quests wouldn't have too much relevant lore; maybe some tidbits in the outdoor dungeon pertaining to the Naga and Queen Azshara.
    Emerald Dream quests would flesh out some previously unanswered questions in Vanilla pertaining to the Dream, like why the portals aren't active, and introduce us to the Nightmare in some way (could be as vague as the "Forgotten Ones" from the WC3TFT Campaign that looked like an Old God, where we didn't learn about Old Gods until C'thun)

I see people mentioning Karazhan. Kara was meant for Vanilla, yes, but instead came out as the first raid in TBC. It would certainly be cool if they completed Kara in their original vision, with it being massive, including the crypts. However, i feel like those ideas would be for another thread in 2-3 years for if/when we get TBC servers. A 2nd Tier of Karazhan with T5 equivilent gear would be cool, where we explore everything that doesn't already exist as T4.

Quote Originally Posted by BDJ View Post
    Given you have over 10000 posts, and that you're deliberately putting words in my mouth, I'm going to guess you're one of those hard headed neo-vanilla-zealots that can't even tolerate friendly discussion of ideas, should it pervert the purity of your vanilla experience.

I said added content - never did I advocate for new expansions. Added content can come in the form of patches. Not only did I specifically not say added expansions, but I pointed out existing architecture/previously unused resources that could be brought to use - for every example.

Good luck on your personal crusade against people's non-malicious ideas.
    Whatever, 33-post delusion-farmer.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    #nochanges

That's basically it.
    Literally the ENTIRE #nochanges crew has gotten shit on, to the point where even asmongoloid has left their camp. you are about 1-2 months behind here bud, it was some stupid shit, stupid people spouted for a few weeks untill they realized how absolutely retarded they were being.

Quote Originally Posted by BDJ View Post
    *UPDATE*

After reading through the comments, and from other threads, I understand that Naxx SHOULD be the last raid. The content I'm suggesting is to compliment existing content.
    -Grim Batol would drop T2-2.5 quality items, with most gear falling towards T2.0 quality. The last few bosses would drop some higher ilvl pieces.
    -Nothing from Hyjal would obsolete existing content, but compliment it.
    -The smaller outdoor 5-10 player dungeon in Azshara would drop T1.5-2 quality items.
    -No one seems opposed to the existing, but not implemented Azshara Crater BG.

This is something I've always thought of. Ever since the Cataclysm, I've felt that the storytelling was slowly but surely taking a nosedive. With all of the pre-Cataclysm unused areas/portals, what sort of content would we have gotten if The Burning Crusade had taken a few more years?

Grim Batol Raid

Since the dungeon was added in the Cataclysm, it wouldn't take as much work as creating a whole new area. Much of the actual architecture can be reused or straight copied, then re-populate the dungeon to suit a higher tier raid, with new bosses.

Hyjal opened as a quest hub

Hyjal as a quest hub could revolve around the beginnings of restoring it to what we see it as today on retail. Running around the demonwastes, trying to fertilize the area, and cleanse it of any remaining demonic presence. Hyjal is already there, it just needs to be populated, and the quests made.

The final available quest in Hyjal would be the beginning of an attunement quest chain for another new raid, The Emerald Dream. They could finish off what they had of the vanilla Emerald Dream, and deliver it to us as a mini-raid. Lore wise, perhaps we're investigating why the 6 portals to the Emerald Dream on Azeroth don't work. 1-3 bosses.

Azshara (the zone)

Finish it, obviously! They could also finish off that Azshara battleground that's been on the shelf forever. Azshara would be a decent place for a max-level outside 5-player dungeon, or maybe even a new 10-layer dungeon/raid thing. The purpose of this dungeon would be similar to that of Diremaul, which was gear catch-up. Make it more difficult, so players would need BWL level gear to clear it.

And finally...

CLASS CHANGES

NONE.
    I think they're fine.
    Seriously.
    A lot of the issue with specs in vanilla was itemization. This can easily be fixed with new content. A few good items designed specifically for feral tanking or dps, moonkins, ret paladins, prot paladins, and shaman dps. Either through stats, item specific effects, or even set bonuses, the specs we currenly have in vanilla are already fun - and plenty viable. I'm not an expert in what stats precisely would make each spec more viable, other than some ideas.

Ele shaman - They could make definite use of either additional mp5 on gear, or a set bonus that grants mana back on spell crits.
    Enh shaman - Without dual-wield, Enh shamans are still a little limited. A set bonus that removes the proc, but guarentees a Windfury every 4 hits could be cool.
    Moonkin - Between the high cost of wrath, the slow cast of Starfire, and the lack of *umph* from both, Moonkins need more than a little help. However, if more feral tanking gear is added in, Moonkin could be seen less as a "caster dps" and more of a true "caster tank". The Panzerkin.
    Feral Tank - More leather itemized towards tanking, and a nice weapon. Bears are already barely just not viable.
    Feral Cat - A proper weapon that isn't from a level 30 dungeon boss, and set bonus similar to the Wolfshead Helm effect.
    Ret paladin - All they really need is a good 2 hander with STR and Spellpower.
    Prot Paladin - A few STR/Spellpower items including a mainhand would certainly help.

Obviously, doing something like this would require new servers for people to play on, or at the very least, changing a few of them over, but offering free transfers away in order to preserve the integrity of your vanilla experience.
    Does anybody else have any brain droppings they'd like to share?
    And in case anybody cares, I played a warlock.
    Classic should stay classic, i agree i would like to see other content like burning crusade content at its original state or just something to keep the vanilla player base going after the last phase. It can be done look what Runescape did with there classic. Blizzard already stated vanilla will stay untouched so vanilla isnt gonna be tweaked around like that. However it would be nice to impliment burning crusade realms for those that want to see BC content/ and old arena since vanilla doesnt support arena and stuff. I would say wait and see what happens after the last phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    Literally the ENTIRE #nochanges crew has gotten shit on, to the point where even asmongoloid has left their camp. you are about 1-2 months behind here bud, it was some stupid shit, stupid people spouted for a few weeks untill they realized how absolutely retarded they were being.
    There won't be changes. Ok bud you can relax and enjoy the game it was.

For any future content I wouldn't want anything too drastically different or that required new resources/assets or modern design philosophy etc.

I think a "second quest" 2d Zelda type approach would be the best bet for dungeons/raids. Just different versions of the same dungeons with tweaked recolour loot. Wouldn't be too hard:
    *use same dungeon rooms/assets but move them about in a different path/configuration (maybe wall texture recolour or lighting changes to make it look fresh)
    *make the bosses and trash mobs hit harder,
    *slightly bigger packs of trash mobs
    *Making level 60 versions of the levelling dungeons.

For battlegounds, similar story. Take WSG, AB, AV, and make B/C/D/E/F versions of the maps with slight map rejigs:
    *bunkers/capture points in in different locations
    *change ramps/access points
    *fences/choke points in different places
    *re-use textures and stylisations from existing Azeroth zones for the new versions, eg a Red blasted lands version of WSG, a barren Desolace version of AB, a Tanaris version of AV.

Basically, I'd want them to create new content for vanilla as if they were designing in Super Mario Maker whilst locked to Super Mario Brothers 1 themes and assets.
    Last edited by diarx; 2019-05-29 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diarx View Post
    For any future content I wouldn't want anything too drastically different

Basically, I'd want them to create new content for vanilla as if they were designing in Super Mario Maker whilst locked to Super Mario Brothers 1 themes and assets.
    This works for me. Theres actually quite a lot of potential in this sort of idea. Existing assets can be used to create grim batol, uldum and karazhan dungeons. You don't really need new assets for new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    So no, there is nothing realistic about new content for Classic.
    WRONG. We have already an alternative Draenor. Think of it as if alternative Azeroth, where the Demons or Deathwing never rised. (except in the zones they already are ;-) )
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-05-29 at 02:36 PM.

You people actually trust nuBlizzard to make good content after the dumpster fires of WoD and BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You people actually trust nuBlizzard to make good content after the dumpster fires of WoD and BFA?
    Here's the difference: Class design is bad in vanilla, but not as clinically bad as in BfA. And classes are on vanilla far more flexible than on live-servers; for example shadow priest can heal easily until level 60; you just need more mana-breaks. That's for example impossible on live-servers.

And i doubt that blizzard is also completely learn resistant. They knew exactly that azerite-armor is a crapfest and they will surely not repeat it. And yes, i think that they are learning; look at mechagon; here you can't say that's it's not an vast improvement to everything BfA released so far.

Another improvement from classic on live-server we see on the gear; there is more than one gear that it's not clinically sterile than any other gear we get in 8.1.5 and 8.2. That's an actual improvement; it does not really matter, because class design is so boring that it doesn't change anything; still it's a good indicator for a future where people who have knowledge actually design classes again; less looking on the clinically sterile side of the number crunchers, instead focusing on the fun of classes again (and making hybrids a bit more hybrid again)