Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW Classic Beta Population

Hey, does some1 knows the pop on the 2 server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digme View Post
    Hey, does some1 knows the pop on the 2 server?
    No one knows the population count.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

On live servers will be about 9000 players max per server

a streamer did a count of /who for every level on alliance side. in total 415 alliance players were online. The average online population is probably somewhere around 1k, with more online when popular streamers are streaming.

thx m8s_______________________

The beta server population doesn't tell you anything about what it will later look like though.
    - very few people have been invited to the beta as far as I know
    - and quite a few people that want to play classic don't have active accounts at the moment which means they wouldn't even be eligible to enter in the first place (I know because I'm one of them)

I'd like to know why you ask that question. Do you want to know how many players are possible from the technical side per server? Or is this about "how much interest is there" point of view?

Im in and its really hard to tell. Its not a whole lot of people though. No where near a realm pop.

cant say i only get into beta for shitty things like WoD MoP and BFA. but anyway not sure how accurate this is. https://barrens.chat/realms.php

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    Uh, no. Just because private servers overbloat their playerbase to ridiculous numbers the number will most likely be around 2500-3000 which is nearer towards the real vanilla cap and around which respawns etc. are designed.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I just started a project that is exactly dedicated to this topic. Its about gathering census data via an ingame addon and rendering it into some filterable charts on a website. So far I've collected a decent amount of samples and also some other people from the beta realms joined and submitted data. Unfortunatly, I can't post any links ;-)

The beta servers are more or less dead. There is nothing new to test anymore and lvl cap is 40 so not much to do either.

unknown - dwindling by the hour tho
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Looks like layering will be a permanent feature of Classic.

Where did you get this number?

Can't say for sure, but I can say that its WAY lower than a full server load of people.

It's fairly rare to see anybody out in the world unless you are at the cap, and Ironforge is straight up empty during off hours. It seems like they have gone with a small group to test the actual builds, and the mega surges of the stress tests to simulate launch. It has led to a nice questing experience overall though.

It honestly feels weird questing and never having to compete for mobs and whatnot. The cynical part of me feels like they did it this way so that it wouldn't turn people off watching popular streamers in the beta, where the live experience will likely be way different. But I was on a high pop realm at launch, so maybe this is somewhat closer to what a lot of people experienced back then.

Overall I'd say what you see on streams is not super similar to what you will see on live, unless they use the new layering technology really aggressively which seems like a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixiuz View Post
    Looks like layering will be a permanent feature of Classic.
    It's customary to attach sources when throwing statements like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really think that all classic players will be on the same server, then?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The population of the beta servers doesn't really mean anything.

There's a huge portion of people who got into the beta who played a little but didn't want to invest too much time in characters who will be ruthlessly deleted at the end.
    Like the opposite of a sunk cost fallacy? A float paid truth perhaps?

Really if you want to gadge interest you would have to know counts on stress tests that also happened to exclude the EU side. So it would show NA side levels only. Super hard to tell. No way to know how many layers, how many on each layer, was it the same on both factions, and were all the starter zones the same. Then factor in it being a week day starting a 2pm PST so for most of it about half the full time working people US was still at work. The other half was just getting home.

As for the closed beta, well, they obviously want to keep it exclusive. I imagine 8.2 has a role in that. They don't want a ton of players in the Classic beta on it's release. They don't want the Classic beta to be the hot iron on twitch and youtube when 8.2 drops. By this time it should be obvious the main goal of the beta was to hype it up on these various social media and streaming locations. It did that. Now they will let 8.2 have it's oppertunity. What happens next with the Classic beta is the real question. Honestly after 8.2 gets its week or two they should either send out a massive invite wave to beta or shut it down. The streamers that refuse to get off thier top level toons are making it look bad since it appears to be a ghost town. These streamers are also starting to rumble negativity because they can't do what they want. Hype is slowly becoming animosity for them and a lot of the normal player base is already there because of the exclusive nature of how it was all handled. I doubt they will let the PR spin so badly against them but we won't know until 2-4 weeks from now in all likelihood.

At least thats my opinion not based on much besides... opinion..

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    It's customary to attach sources when throwing statements like this.
    Yeah because my opinion is owned by the court of holier than thou and not myself.

The source was obviously the statistics of the server populations. I'm not hearing any denials to my statement either so I will presume permanent layering will happen.