Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    They still have a brain.
    Because they agree with you? Do you often find surprises in people without a brain, finding one, as soon as they agree with you? Because to me, based on Wikileaks choice of what to target and their communication with the administration, there is a pretty good argument that can be made that it’s propoganda and not journalism. Just because him targeting US gives you a boner, doesn’t make it any less propoganda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The crime is the assistance.
    They didn’t just leak the documents... their twitter fucking implied that the dead baby satanic rituals were in the leaked emails. The guy has a huge grudge against Clinton... People who loath Clinton, will find sympathy for him. Not be cause he made the truth available, but because the spin he added was exactly what this audience craved... simple as that.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    All of this being said, feel free to mock me for feeling this way, it's cool.
    You didn't even bold the best part.

The Obama administration considered charging Mr. Assange under the Espionage Act but never did out of concerns that such a case could chill traditional journalism.

There’s of course a rain on your wedding day quality to the fact that Assange worked to bring the authoritarian Trump to power on some misguided notion that doing so would strike a blow against the security state.

All that bashing of Obama and Hillary has come home to roost.

I'm sure Gleenn Greenwald will just be furious on his next Tucker appearance

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking good I really don’t care who destroys this POS.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is quite amazing how many of you couldn't not grasp the concept of the government's dirty laundry being made public. I just hope if some of you will end up in one of those CIA black project prisons, like Romanian one, for example, there will be no one to tell the world, where exactly they sticking those wires to make you talk. And before you will say, that would never happen to me: you have no idea where life can get you down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    their twitter fucking implied that the dead baby satanic rituals were in the leaked emails.
    Is this what you're referring to?

- - - Updated - - -

This is what the Clinton campaign does to unwind lol
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    It isn't a freedom of press issue if he helped Chelsea Manning break into the servers to get the info. From my understanding, that is what happened. Which is why he is being charged with the Espionage act.
    That's not actually what happened. Manning did have communications with someone about trying to crack a password but that information did not lead to manning getting access to the leaks he handed over and there is no evidence that it was assange who even tried to help. There was no conspiracy to hack on the part of assange and the US knows this.

These people don't play fair and they know it. Is no one concerned that manning is in jail again mysteriously either after refusing to testify against assange? They have no evidence and they're probably torturing manning to get what they want to justify taking assange down despite having no evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Is this what you're referring to?
    No bud, I meant this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wikileaks...50623404113920

The Podestas' "Spirit Cooking" dinner?
    It's not what you think.
    It's blood, sperm and breastmilk.
    But mostly blood.
    Insane...

- - - Updated - - -

This is what the Clinton campaign does to unwind lol
    You know what’s funnier? A free speech advocate, attacking art for political gain.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have more sympathy if this guy's "leaks" weren't just a way for him to further his* own political narrative.

He selectively exposed information to drive a narrative. That's not "the truth," as his supporters purport, it's selectively exposing some while knowingly shielding others.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'd have more sympathy if this guy's "leaks" weren't just a way for him to further his* own political narrative.

He selectively exposed information to drive a narrative. That's not "the truth," as his supporters purport, it's selectively exposing some while knowingly shielding others.
    You act like declaring a one man war against a specific country can't possibly be considered unbiased!

From NYT:

Julian Assange Indicted Under Espionage Act, Raising First Amendment Issues

They still have a brain.

Even so, the fact that Assange (and Chelsea Manning) are in this situation makes me incredibly salty and I am not ashamed to say it makes me kinda rage inside. He represents what I cherish deeply, the rebel that is risking their life to sink a knife in the heart of the most powerful entity on Earth.

I have about -100% hope that Trump would pardon him.

Besides a miracle, I hope that him being locked away for probably life will give new life to hacktivism and result in the US, Russia and China, and pretty much everyone else, getting their most shady secret crap spilled all over the web. The internet was supposed to allow for us, the population, to hold these untouchable people responsible.

Also, I want to remind everyone here that is rejoicing that the real war criminals never seen jail and are protected. Assange did nothing wrong in comparison.

All of this being said, feel free to mock me for feeling this way, it's cool.

PS: if you support Trump, this is the proof you cannot ignore that he's human trash, betraying anyone without a care in the world, including YOU, his supporter and voter.
    The Wikileaks dumps had exactly what the predicted effect was: the US government spent a few years rebuilding what was compromised, and ultimately what Manning, Snowden and co dumped aged into relative uselessness.

The best move the US government can do is disestablish the NSA... and then re-establish it as a classified agency that doesn't officially exist, much as it was for decades.

But no, your hero's didn't sink a knife into the heart of the most powerful entity on earth. More like they gave it a black eye.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    All he needs to do is blow some dog whistles Trump's way and he'll get a pardon. A couple, 'remember how Wikileaks exposed Clinton' or some bullshit
    Trump throws anyone under the bus after they've served him.

Where's the mention of dead baby satanic rituals? Where'd that come from?

10+ Year Old Account
    That comes from the word implied... why are they bitching about art anyway? Are they art critics? Are they going to post about Ozzy biting bats? Maybe start a new wave of fear over Alice Cooper? WTF?

If he hadn't spent a decade obstructing justice and refusing to stand trial for sexual assault, and his organisation wasn't a transparent patsy for Putin, I might have some sympathy.

- - - Updated - - -

Far right conspiracy theory.

Basically they got the email dump from wikileaks and went trawling through it looking for all the dirt they were sure must be there. They found nothing, but drove themselves so insane in the process they ended up with "spirit cooking", "Seth Rich" and "pizzagate".

Pretty comical illustration of what happens when a bunch of conspiracy loons get together online and egg each other on to bigger and bigger leaps of illogic.

- - - Updated - - -

Even so, the fact that Assange (and Chelsea Manning) are in this situation makes me incredibly salty and I am not ashamed to say it makes me kinda rage inside. He represents what I cherish deeply, the rebel that is risking their life to sink a knife in the heart of the most powerful entity on Earth.
    Chelsea and Snowden perhaps.

Assange, not for a long time now, and possibly not ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Basically they got the email dump from wikileaks and went trawling through it looking for all the dirt they were sure must be there. They found nothing, but drove themselves so insane in the process they ended up with "spirit cooking", "Seth Rich" and "pizzagate".
    He knows... he is banking on that tweet from Wikileaks seeming benign enough, that he can act confused because the words dead babies, are not in it. Instead, it’s like commentary from right wingers, when Alice Cooper or Ozzy came to town in the 70s.

He knows... he is banking on that tweet from Wikileaks seeming benign enough, that he can act confused because the words dead babies, are not in it. Instead, it’s like commentary from right wingers, when Alice Cooper or Ozzy came to town in the 70s.
    It was a trap you got me :P

But the spirit cooking is right there in text and video. I wouldn't call it satanic (Alex Jones). It's occult magick mixed with art imo.

Marina Abramovic has said that the context in which a ritual performed in is what defines its intention. If it is performed in a gallery, then it is art. Yet, if it is performed in a private setting then it is much more intimate and spiritual.

The origins of Spirit Cooking can be found in the preludes to production of the Cake of Light material, a sacrament in the religion of Thelema which was founded by Aleister Crowley.
    P.S. Don't eat the bread

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a trap you got me :P
    Your inability to realize what you are doing, is not a trap. It’s called blind bias... Jesus fucking Christ... trap you in text, on a forum... I must be a stable genius...

PS: don’t bring your pets around Ozzy...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48393512
    Surprising good article, not going into Assange case but what US using as a base for charges and it's history.

That comes from the word implied... why are they bitching about art anyway? Are they art critics? Are they going to post about Ozzy biting bats? Maybe start a new wave of fear over Alice Cooper? WTF?
    I missed the word implied. But that's you implying dead baby satanic rituals not wikileaks. Getting into an off topic bitch-fest, I'll just leave this here and be gone.

^that's pig's blood...
    Last edited by Pipebomb; 2019-05-24 at 05:00 PM.

Would be more than a little hypocritical, considering the Obama administration jailed Chelsea Manning to 35 years for the exact same offence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.