Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Angry Vegan couple jailed for giving 18-month-old restrictive diet

Source

Vegan couple jailed for giving 18-month-old child restrictive diet leaving her extremely malnourished

A vegan couple from Sweden was sentenced to three months in jail on Thursday for putting their 18-month-old child on a restrictive diet and leaving the girl malnourished and near death.

The parents’ “serious negligence had put their daughter in a life-threatening situation,” the judge said, according to The Local. The couple was also ordered to pay $6,000 in damages to the child.

The child was reportedly unregistered with Swedish authorities and was being fed a diet consisting of breast milk, brown rice and potatoes. She was taken to the hospital in serious condition in February, according to The Local. The girl spent three weeks at the hospital and was placed into foster care.

The girl’s condition was “worse than anything we have seen at the hospital before,” one doctor reportedly said. Three other doctors said her condition was due to “prolonged starvation.”

“According to their ideological belief that the daughter was a citizen of the world, her parents did not even report the birth to any authority,
    have her checked at a pediatric center, or even weigh or measure her growth. Nor has the girl been vaccinated or examined by a doctor,” a court statement said.

The couple’s attorneys argued that prosecutors couldn’t prove that the girl’s condition was due to nothing more than a “stomach bug,” The Local reported. They described the child’s weight as “comparable to that of a 6-month-old.”

When the parents are released from jail, they will be allowed to spend eight weeks living with the child at a supervised residential care facility.
    /facepalm I fucking hate some people.

I read that all vegan parents who put their growing children on vegan diets should be jailed. A growing body needs a lot of nutrition that a vegan diet can't provide.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

doubt the diet had much to do with when the parents seem to have been a bunch of stoners.
    feeding the child was probably not something that entered their minds very often.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    I read that all vegan parents who put their growing children on vegan diets should be jailed. A growing body needs a lot of nutrition that a vegan diet can't provide.
    A vegan diet is pretty vague, but yeah, if you cannot provide all the basic nutritional necessities for a child then you shouldn't have one.

EDIT: Yeah, it seems like these people are absolute fucking nutcases.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2019-05-24 at 02:12 PM.

Honestly I don't know enough about an 18 month olds digestive capabilities to know if a vegan diet is viable or not but even as an adult getting all the nutrition you need from a vegan diet requires a lot of research and planning. Can't imagine an 18 month old is able to eat/process a lot of the things an adult could which would make it even harder. To be fair, this sounds less about a vegan diet than the parents just being fucking stupid, lazy and frankly, nuts. The whole child of the world and never registering her or seeing a doctor is a pretty clear indicator of that.

I'm glad they've gone to prison and the kids been put somewhere where hopefully it'll get the care it needs.

Those parents should never be allowed to have children again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Honestly I don't know enough about an 18 month olds digestive capabilities to know if a vegan diet is viable or not but even as an adult getting all the nutrition you need from a vegan diet requires a lot of research and planning. Can't imagine an 18 month old is able to eat/process a lot of the things an adult could which would make it even harder. To be fair, this sounds less about a vegan diet than the parents just being fucking stupid, lazy and frankly, nuts. The whole child of the world and never registering her or seeing a doctor is a pretty clear indicator of that.

I'm glad they've gone to prison and the kids been put somewhere where hopefully it'll get the care it needs.
    Vegan diets only work due to modern medicine and technology, if it didn't exist it wouldn't work.

"A vegan couple from Sweden"
    oh boy, this will be good.
    "According to their ideological belief that the daughter was a citizen of the world, her parents did not even report the birth to any authority,..."

although i think the "parents" are in need of a new way of getting hammered, like a sledge.

I hope the child finds a proper family to care for her. I personally wouldn’t allow the parents to see the child at all. They obviously don’t love their kid, if they say they do it shouldn’t matter because they’re obviously delusional.
    illuminati all over my body

A lot of nutritionists here that know more than the American Dietetic Association apparently. It is their official statement through evidence based research that vegan and vegetarian diets are suitable for all stages of life, including infancy when appropriately planned. These people clearly had other issues since they never reported their child being born or even bring her to a doctor. These people are no different than people who are raw vegans (eating only uncooked food like fruit and salads) and those who only eat meat. These people do not represent level headed vegans as a whole.

If anyone is genuinely curious on how to properly raise children on a vegan diet I would recommend The Unnatural Vegan on youtube. She covers what she eats during pregnancy, what she feeds her children, criticizes extreme vegans such as this couple, and backs up all of her claims with peer reviewed studies.

^ Too much soy in this one's diet ^

wow vegans and "free citizens" hope they both die in a car crash, we seriously don't need people like these on the planet ESPECIALLY not breeding.

I predict at least ten pages of people arguing about veganism

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XendriusYT View Post
    Meat inflames the body and promotes cancer-cell-growth. I still eat chicken though because a little cancer doesn't hurt.
    What a load of nonsense. This kind of thinking is just as bad as those opposing veganism. Either side extremes are filled with bunch of zealots.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2019-05-24 at 02:49 PM.
    -K

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    /facepalm I fucking hate some people.
    If I was in jail, I would beat that father really really bad...I hate child abusers.

look, mommy! retards being retards again!

"citizens of the world, no need to report anything to authorities"

why does that not surprise me in the slightest too XD of course they are those as well oh man oh man

10+ Year Old Account
    Plants have more nutrition than meat. The biggest and strongest terrestrial land mammals on earth, gorrilas, elephants, eat exclusively plants.

Cows don't eat meat to put on muscle/meat. And neither do humans need it.

Meat inflames the body and promotes cancer-cell-growth. I still eat chicken though because a little cancer doesn't hurt.
    Yes.

Plants are more abundant, and are a direct source (skips the middle man & energy loss transferred), unlike meat.
    Herbivores (i.e. Primary consumers) are typically bigger and in some cases "stronger" b/c the abundance of energy available to them. All the time.
    As a Moose or Elephant, you're always eating the direct source of energy & that source (plants) are everywhere in those habitats (seasonally sometimes). Gorillas are also omnivores, as are all primates. They'll eat meat when it's available or easy to obtain in some situations.

Plants have more nutrition than meat. The biggest and strongest terrestrial land mammals on earth, gorrilas, elephants, eat exclusively plants.

Cows don't eat meat to put on muscle/meat. And neither do humans need it.

Yeah, no. I rather be healthy than a vegan.

Apparently the mother had said that people can live off of air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx9rii3dcQ0

And this might alledgedly be the dad.
    Last edited by Voidism; 2019-05-24 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    doubt the diet had much to do with when the parents seem to have been a bunch of stoners.
    feeding the child was probably not something that entered their minds very often.
    I don't think being a stoner has anything to do with it lol. I get high every day and I take care of my family and pets just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If I was in jail, I would beat that father really really bad...I hate child abusers.
    He would probably be easy to attack as well as he will be weak from not getting enough protein.