Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    You're basically just using your own anecdotal data set of the small sample of people around you to make an assumption about the playerbase as a whole without considering that fact that simply by their association with you, they likely represent a view that is biased towards your own.
    Actually false, polls have been taken and classic is 100% drawing more attention then retail.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Actually false, polls have been taken and classic is 100% drawing more attention then retail.
    Ok I'll bite, can you link to the polls please?

Classic is great for the Vanilla experience, but the quality of life improvements in Retail are a game breaker. I do understand if some folks prefer Classic and that's fine, but it will never overtake Retail. Not because it's harder, but because it's simply not the same quality. A 1980's Ferrari while awesome for a vintage car is not better (for all intents and purposes) than a Ferrari Pista.
    Last edited by Shefu; 2019-05-24 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    Ok I'll bite, can you link to the polls please?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2486839-Let-s-Get-the-Classic-Count-Are-You-Playing

78% are claiming Classic.
    The Takeover is happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Classic is great for the Vanilla experience, but the quality of life improvements in Retail are a game breaker. I do understand if some folks prefer Classic and that's fine, but it will never overtake Retail. Not because it's harder, but because it's simply not the same quality. A 1980's Ferrari while awesome for a vintage car is not better (for all intents and purposes) than a Ferrari Pista.
    The quality of life is playing a game that's fun...

Retail wow is literally sign on, do a few things, get bored and sign off.
    It's impossible to spend more then 2 hours on retail before getting bored with the game.

Classic wow draws you in for hours on end.
    You're immersed in world that sincerely feels like an escape from reality.

classic dead after a month. maybe 2 months. Tops.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably yes initially, cause hype train like most games. Then probably will slowly dwindle.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    Based on all supporting evidence, beta, twitch numbers, google trends yes classic will overshadow retail by quite a large amount.

It is beyond delusional to think it won't take over BFA.
    If we're going by "supporting evidence, beta, twitch numbers and google trends" acquired during a game/expansion's beta and launch, then BfA should have been WoW's most successful endeavor so far, considering they had a lot of all of that during its beta.

Who's being delusional again?

People like new things. So at first will be huge, then people fall back and that's about it. Some will stay playing, some stay playing both, retail and classic. For most classic will stay just an alternative version of WoW to play, when there is nothing to do in retail.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh my bad, I thought when you mentioned polls (plural) it was a couple of polls which included data ranging into the thousands (1000's).

Not a singular poll taken on mmo champion that included 167 participants (at the time of writing).

Guess this insurmountable and irrefutable amount of data you've presented truly means its over for retail players .

I'll play classic & retail, so where do I fit into this?
    Last edited by Fiacla; 2019-05-24 at 03:54 PM.

It's impossible to spend more then 2 hours on retail before getting bored with the game.

You're idea of fun is not my idea of fun. I can play for hours on end on Retail just fine, I have been doing this since forever.

All you folks enamored with Classic are of the impression that all the players base feels the same way. And it doesn't.

Lol are you serious here??? The question in the poll ask "Will you play Classic?", not "Will you stop play retail and play only classic?". Many people will try classic and many will stop after some time . Ofc there will be also plenty of people who will stick to classic but nothing suppoort your statement that classic "Takeover" anything.

BFA's downtime till 8.2 is the que up for Classic once 8.2 comes out ppl wont break their heads with a 14 yr old game and the hype would have died. I am pretty sure many raiders will go back to retail and their twitch followers will follow. Asmongold will act like he was a scarab lord and with his toxic chat he will be there whining and crying non stop and still play 8.2 without shame.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2486839-Let-s-Get-the-Classic-Count-Are-You-Playing

78% are claiming Classic.
    The Takeover is happening.

- - - Updated - - -

that's the big difference to me.

Retail is a game, and makes it very clear this is a video game and that's that.

Classic was a WORLD. a living, breathing world you could log in and escape reality.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    that's the big difference to me.

Retail is a game, and makes it very clear this is a video game and that's that.

Classic was a WORLD. a living, breathing world you could log in and escape reality.
    Yessir!

It's unfortunate but only those that have experienced it before understand the impact it has on your life.
    Classic is truly the WORLD of Warcraft.

So excited to just walk around in the world and get the feeling of being a small fish in a HUGE pond again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    You're idea of fun is not my idea of fun. I can play for hours on end on Retail just fine, I have been doing this since forever.

All you folks enamored with Classic are of the impression that all the players base feels the same way. And it doesn't.
    August 27th Young Grasshopper.
    You'll see what happens .

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all, a looot of ppl like me does not care at all about Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Not at all, a looot of ppl like me does not care at all about Classic
    Because you played it already right?

But there is a ton of people who havent and all of them will play Classic WoW out of curiosity

It won't overtake retail at all.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

It's hard to tell really.

The only thing that may indicate a shift in player-preference would be that classic is a better game overall. If we remove the fact that classic is a better game then I don't see why retail would be impacted.

But that's just my 5-10 cents .

If you're talking about wether clasic is gonna poach bfa players, it won't overtake bfa. It's the players coming back that will be the deciding factor.

If you dont think the QoL stuff caused damage to the playerbase, you just don't understand classic.

Early on, for a short time period but after a couple months players will gravitate back to retail. After they get tired of spamming trade for hours they'll go back.

LFM Tank for UBRS, LBRS Scholo or Strat.

That shit gets old quick when you know you can just go back to retail and find one within 10 minutes.