Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Why does OP make a bunch of topics to start unrest about the game, and never comment on it again? Isn't it pretty obvious what he's doing? Isn't this against forum rules? It's just one thread after another that just... whines, and never discusses further or responds to people.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    One of the things I'm excited about for classic is having bis list again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    One of the things I'm excited about for classic is having bis list again.
    No joke! And 8 pieces of Tier! And Tier in general!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I care about gear quite a lot, what it looks like if it has a cool effect. But it’s name? The name of a piece is meaningless to me. For example I know every piece of gear I was wearing when I killed the lich king and what boss it came from but I couldn’t name them. I can do the same for when I raided in mop.
    How do you know what they are but can't name them? Is Deathbringer's Will "that arpen trinket" or something? Like I honestly don't understand.

We spent so much time planning out what each individual needed it was hard NOT to know these pieces. Maybe that's part of the problem, you can't plan anymore, you can try but you can end up with a WQ trinket that TFs and ends up better then a raid trinket.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    How do you know what they are but can't name them? Is Deathbringer's Will "that arpen trinket" or something? Like I honestly don't understand.

We spent so much time planning out what each individual needed it was hard NOT to know these pieces. Maybe that's part of the problem, you can't plan anymore, you can try but you can end up with a WQ trinket that TFs and ends up better then a raid trinket.
    I know the boss that drops it the art of the item and in a few cases even the icon. The name is the least impotent part of a item.

I know the boss that drops it the art of the item and in a few cases even the icon. The name is the least impotent part of a item.
    The name is the part we always discussed, the part we wrote down on BiS lists, it was always pretty important back in the day.

I couldn't tell you what a single piece of gear looked like though or often even the icon, just what it did, what boss it dropped from, and what it was called, the art was always the least important part to me. I'd wear a shit helmet if it had the best stats for me.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The name is the part we always discussed, the part we wrote down on BiS lists, it was always pretty important back in the day.

I couldn't tell you what a single piece of gear looked like though or often even the icon, just what it did, what boss it dropped from, and what it was called, the art was always the least important part to me. I'd wear a shit helmet if it had the best stats for me.
    Doesn’t this kinda hurt your argument of classic gear being memorable? If you want to minmax in bfa you can still learn the names of items as Azerite pieces don’t forge and if you want a item form a mythic you can keep running a high mythic to try and get s high Ilvl version of it. For example kingsrest has a sword with a proc nothing is stopping you from farming for and remembering the name.

I agree most of this loot is useless and could removed as rewards but this whole thing started in the first place because a lot of people who neither raid/m+ or pvp (crazies, i know) still wanted some way of gearing in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Nobody is doing WQs hoping the crappy 365 blue is going to proc to 425 TF. That's just not reality.

The loot offered by WQs becomes obsolete incredibly quickly even for brand new characters. It's a catchup mechanism, not a main path to gear. And it does its job well. Nobody wants to do WQs for two weeks before they're ready to tackle raids and dungeons.
    I do, as do at least 20 people I know of when the WQ has a BIS trinket, so let's go ahead and have the mods ban your account for fake news.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Doesn’t this kinda hurt your argument of classic gear being memorable? If you want to minmax in bfa you can still learn the names of items as Azerite pieces don’t forge and if you want a item form a mythic you can keep running a high mythic to try and get s high Ilvl version of it. For example kingsrest has a sword with a proc nothing is stopping you from farming for and remembering the name.
    There's too many piece in BfA to remember... when gear was limited it was easier to have your BiS list down. Yes you can BiS list azerite gear and weapons but instead of 1-2 good weapons you're shooting for it's 5+... There's just TOO much gear.

Like you mentioned the sword from King's rest... well there's that one sure and its a bit different so people might remember it (kind of like the fist from Crotchrot, hate that dungeon) but it's not the ONLY weapon you're shooting for...

Even back in WoD during HFC I wanted Hellrender and only Hellrender, its what I hoped dropped every week, now though... I can hope for a weapon from 5 different places and it's whichever one I get thats the highest ilvl (since weapons can WF)
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-05-24 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    only no lifers have a problem with this. i play perhaps 6-8 hours a week and are happy with getting loot fast.
    pretty much this

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I mean if you play for a few hours on the classic beta you'll get 10 pieces of vendor trash loot a day too. The only difference is in classic the vendor trash gear is green instead of purple.
    thatsthepoint.jpg

Pretty soon we'll have legendary vendor trash dropping, which defeats the purpose of having item rarities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    why do you care about the name of the item so much? it's not like you cannot identify an item without a name.

i know my rogue wants the "Tol-Dagor Dagger", and my monk needs the "Azerite shoulders from Yazma", enough info for me.
    on the other hand, i know for most of my alts the name of each azerite trait they need or should avoid and what trinkets are strong for cetain situations.

Tier-sets were only called T12 or whatever and noone argued with it.
    or trinkets that dropped of certain bosses being called "the [insert bossname here]-trinket".

as for amount of loot: as an enchanter on most of my alts i prefer getting my mats from WQs instead of grinding mobs for cloth to craft stuff to DE.
    and since we don't have a way to buy Expulsum yet, the scrapper being the only somewhat reliable way to get that stuff without changing your professions, i don't understand why you complain about more scrapper fodder.
    anyone who leveled engineering knows how much of that stupid stuff you need-.-
    King Arthur who wields the mighty... uh... the sword from the lake.

Liono who wields the... sword with an eye thingy on it.

Frodo's sword... uh... the blue one.

Weird, almost like the names of weapons are a major point of the entire fantasy genre.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nospmas View Post
    Like the second post said, How much of those 10 pieces are actually usefull? Maybe 1 if the emmisary is a piece of loot?, and how often do those come up? maybe 1 a week. Do you think 1 piece of mediocre loot a week even from super easy content is too much? personally I don't.
    Do you people ever read more than half a sentence or you just look at the topic and decide "fuck it, gotta bash the OP cause my life freaking sucks and that's the only way I can get hard"?

WQ's are part of the things he blames. He's got a point. It's not an ongoing issue though, it's problematic whenever the patch increasing Ilvl comes live. There's a bunch of stupidly overpowered trinkets you can get from WQs, world bosses and warfronts. Whenever the ilvl increases they come into play and whoever is lucky enough to get them (even basic item in cases like with str Knot from Ivus) is ahead for doing literally AFK content. You replace them within a few weeks, maybe some other shit titanforges for you or you craft/buy another overpowered stupid shit like Fathoms trinket.

M+ just shits all over people with loot. Whenever new tier comes out spamming m+ for a couple of days nets you near mythic raid ilvl (or halfway through between hc-mythic). That's kind of ridiculous. Add to that armor stacking and trading, random stupid shit like the alliance extra world pvp items, crafted Mythic level items within 2-3 weeks of new tier, warfront free hc level items, random titanforges in 3 raid diffuculties, 2 weekly chests with near M ilvl loot.

There's crapload of loot sources, paired with retardforging and spammable hc raid level loot threadmill there's a stupidly steep gearing curve - you gear up incredibly quickly to, at this point in time, around 410 ilvl and only then you start to see decrease in equipable items dropping for you. Whereas in the past you'd have a smoother gearing curve, getting upgrades every now and then and progressing througout expansion. Now you change gear all the time, there's complete gear reset every 3 months and trying to get the same stupid items to drop and then titanforge starts over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    This game is churning out absurd amounts of gear for every player on a daily basis. There are about 10 pieces of loot on offer daily from world quests alone. Add in a couple of dungeons, etc. and you're looking at much more loot per day.

How is this healthy for the game? How is the game going to keep pace next expansion? 20 pieces of loot a day? Then 50? Items are already at that point where we simply don't care about them anymore. And with gear at the forefront of character progression this is alarming. Compare this to MoP where you'd be doing world quests (ie. dailies) for at least a week or two to get an item. And the item you'd get was actually decent. Now with RNG littered throughout the game you may never see an upgrade.

At some point Blizzard needs to completely scale down the astronomical gear inflation, beginning with Titanforging. We need to get back to sensible numbers of loot being distributed so we feel something when we get an item.
    What do you mean? I think most people outgear any gear from WQ. Those gears are absolutely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    This game is churning out absurd amounts of gear for every player on a daily basis. There are about 10 pieces of loot on offer daily from world quests alone. Add in a couple of dungeons, etc. and you're looking at much more loot per day.
    If I recall, WoTLK had 10N, 25N, 10H, 25H. All had separate loot lock outs. Some guild were running all 4 on a weekly basis to max their loot drop.

You can run the WQ to catch up quickly or you can ignore them. At some point, the loot from WQ stops becoming useful. Unless you want to farm for TF, which is not very efficient.

Before, people spam the catchup dungeons.

Out of those 10 pieces 9.9 end in the shredder on a regular basis.

Hang on, on August 27th just jump to classic, no free loot there.