Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I bet you think you have a clue what you're talking about. You don't. As usual.

Seriously, do some basic research. It's piss easy to get protein and various amino acids as a vegan.
    I have studied nutrition so I will take my sources over what some internet guy who usually spouts BS to me says. Especially one that can only say "nu uh!"

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    Starvation includes not getting enough nutrients. You can eat rabbit all the time and starve. Read up on rabbit starvation death.
    It's not starvation. What happens is that the excess protein causes ammonia buildup in the blood and poisons you.

You are strangely antagonistic while also being ill-informed in your posts lately.

Literally untrue. Even without soy. As an adult male, I'd need around 60 grams of protein per day. I can surpass that without issue.

Maybe for where you live and what is available to you? I've never had a single issue with it (also fine with soy, tbf). I'm doctor approved
    Okay, my protein budget is 120g/protein a day, because I run and strength train. If you can create a soy-free sample diet for a day that gets that much protein in my diet under 2k calories a day, I'd love to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet you think you have a clue what you're talking about. You don't. As usual.

Seriously, do some basic research. It's piss easy to get protein and various amino acids as a vegan.
    lets explore this shall we:

i'm 6 feet tall, for me my ideal weight should be between 65-85Kg, based on this information i need to consume PER DAY: ~60 grams if i do no exercise and work in an office all day, in order to get this volume of protein from just plants/seeds/beans etc i would need to consume around 6 medium sized eggs, i can get the same amount of protein in my diet from eating ~250-300g of cooked chicken which is not only lower in cholesterol than eating 6 eggs but is also significantly cheaper.

that's just one example comparison, to get the same protein numbers from straight up plant based items i would need to consume ~2 litres of soy milk this is just looking at protein levels, this does not factor in other essential nutrients and vitamins needed from meat sources that are not present in any plant based food source short of altering how those plants are grown/handled, so in conclusion, no, it is not 'piss easy' to get the various amino acids and protein needed as a vegan relative to a 'normal' person.

all my information is taken from government sources on health and wellbeing in relation to height/weight and daily recommended intake values for various nutritional groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    I hope they lost custody. That's pretty messed up. Holy sh-
    Thankfully it looks like they did.
    placed into foster care.
    Now the little girl at least has a chance at a normal life.
    Last edited by Exeris; 2019-05-24 at 04:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocherend View Post
    Wrong.
    First off, I was being sarcastic. I would have thought it was obvious.

Second, are you saying you aren't vegan? Because your statements and tone says otherwise. If you are saying "wrong to the rest of my post, what part specifically? Because that is a pretty broad brushstroke to use.

Thirdly, why are you so goddamn antagonistic? Are you not capable of having a civil conversation with people you disagree with? Do you think that being aggressive is going to magically cause people to see your point of view?

The truth is, some people can get by with a vegan diet. As long as they supplement. Some cannot. I can't. I am horribly allergic to soy.
    And at 6'4" and 17 stone, I cannot get what I need from a vegan diet, protein-wise

A Vegan diet (with the exception of breast milk) can work fine for an infant. It just requires careful planning. It sounds as though these parents were basically just giving her what was easy without consulting a nutritionist. I am not a vegan but will admit that due to modern science it can work.

It is the easiest thing in the world to get both as a vegan.
    Will you post a picture of your arm muscles? I have been interested in seeing muscle growth on a vegan diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TSM View Post
    I would never trust a diet/lifestyle that depends on artificial nutritional supplements.
    Probably a wise choice.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A) This has nothing to do with veganism. Plenty of vegans raise healthy children.
    B) Still not sure why veganism is so vilified. It seems like a noble goal that we should devote more scientific power towards until it's achievable for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Vegans are just some of the worst people on the planet. I especially hate the ones who force their shit on their pets like cats.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    Good. Vegans are just some of the worst people on the planet. I especially hate the ones who force their shit on their pets like cats.
    Why? (the animal abuse cases aside, which seems contradictory to the tenets of veganism anyway; why stop using all animal products to then go on to enslave an animal?).

There are actually tools online for this. I'm neither a nutritionist nor am I of the inclination to bother to do something so basic for someone. If you were interested, there are more than a few places you can do this yourself.

Here is 10 seconds of effort:

You can get soy-free tempeh. It lists ingredients (when you hover over the item) and goes further if you make an account (which I wasn't interested in). You can also change how many meals you have in that day, this was 3 meals, as an example.

Either I'm misreading this to a massive degree or you just mentioned eating eggs on a vegan diet to get protein from only plants/seeds/beans...

- - - Updated - - -

If you do a vegan diet right, you don't need supplements.

We're just going round in the same typical cycle we did in the last thread related to veganism (which this thread isn't really, parents were just dumb AF) and it's kinda boring. See whatever the last thread was for where this thread will go.
    LOL you only listed calories, wow you really don't understand nutrition. Then you even chose a protein shake that I am sure contains whey an animal byproduct. Fine for veggies but not vegans.

I bet you search webmd and use it as a doctor too.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    LOL you only listed calories, wow you really don't understand nutrition. Then you even chose a protein shake that I am sure contains whey an animal byproduct. Fine for veggies but not vegans.

Peanuts have protein last i checked. "Peanut protein shake".

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    A) This has nothing to do with veganism. Plenty of vegans raise healthy children.
    B) Still not sure why veganism is so vilified. It seems like a noble goal that we should devote more scientific power towards until it's achievable for everyone.
    Because it have a bad rap due to insufferable people when it comes to nutrition tends to be vegan.

Why would they add "protein" to a shake if it wasn't adding protein from another source?
    It's not like when I do shakes I call it "Banana chocolate peanut sugar carbohydrates protein fats shake".

But yeah, that image lacks a lot of info to be valuable.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-05-24 at 05:36 PM.

Just lack amino acids Its amazing how people only understand calories, vitamins and protein. No wonder we have obesity climbing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Because it have a bad rap due to insufferable people when it comes to nutrition tends to be vegan.

Why would they add "protein" to a shake if it wasn't adding protein from another source?
    It's not like when I do shakes I call it "Banana chocolate peanut sugar carbohydrates protein fats shake".

I would assume that he used a vegan meal planning app based on the rest of the convo; I would not just automatically assume it has whey like a moron trying to make a dumb point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

Well, I think the assumption is they're mentioning "source-protein" shake. Like a whey protein, or egg protein, or casein protein, or soy protein. This is just peanut-derived protein. I'm guessing it kind of just tastes like a chocolate shake...but maybe it's like a Reese's flavor?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is almost as sadly humorous as the firefighter suing the Canadian government for human rights violations for focusing on putting out a massive wildfire instead of catering to his daily vegan dietary requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

Pretty sure Orgain sells a plant based whey powder.

I would assume that he used a vegan meal planning app based on the rest of the convo; I would not just automatically assume it has whey like a moron trying to make a dumb point.
    Sure, that's your assumption. Not sure why his app usage would be determined by a convo since he probably had the app before the conversation.
    Also, he denied earlier in the thread he wasn't vegan. So it's a fair assumption it's a calorie counting app, that's it.
    It lacks info to be valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Well, I think the assumption is they're mentioning "source-protein" shake. Like a whey protein, or egg protein, or casein protein, or soy protein. This is just peanut-derived protein. I'm guessing it kind of just tastes like a chocolate shake...but maybe it's like a Reese's flavor?
    Honestly, it's just a buzzword to make it sound better. Add whatever-protein or -low carb shake and it sounds more flashy and healthy.
    But if the only source is peanuts then you get lots of fats so my guess is if it's truly a healthy one, there is another protein source.

I used shakes a lot when I wanted to gain weight. That's when I realised fruits needs to be taken in moderation, as with everything and also everything being named x or y means little when you go beyond calorie and protein into other nutrients.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-05-24 at 05:46 PM.