Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No. I would not. I'm sure a lot of people will though.

Leveling is about throwing garbage in your way to make you play longer before you get to the actual game. The journey. lol.
    1) Many players never play the endgame content, and do not want to. To them, the "actual game" is levelling. I would say both modes are.

2) You could say the same about raiding: "Raiding is about throwing garbage in your way to make you play longer before you get to the actual loot." Reality is, the game is about progression. Being stronger than you once were. Paying to skip that is not only cheating the system, but also cheating yourself out of the sense of progression.

No, never. It kills the Point of playing the game.

There is a huge market for boosting both for gold and cash on the biggest servers in today's WoW, and those same people buying boosts today will be playing classic. So of course people are going to be buying boosts (and gold!!) on the classic servers, regardless of what you are reading here.

Leveling is about throwing garbage in your way to make you play longer before you get to the actual game. The journey. lol.
    Modern WoW I agree leveling is pointless since everything is scaled to your level anyway and we actually lost abilities and traits as we leveled up instead of progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    ItS aGaiNsT tHe TOS!111

Also, its against ToS, there is no room for discussion, if you do it, or pay for it, you should be perma banned on both classic and live.
    Way to not answer the OP's question and simply go on a rant. You rock buddy.

I'd easily pay $200 for it, providing they leave all the gold and professions are included.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Way to not answer the OP's question and simply go on a rant. You rock buddy.

I'd easily pay $200 for it, providing they leave all the gold and professions are included.

lmao, ok.

/10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    As I recall, people would often call out and label people whom were suspected of buying accounts. I hope that continues and that everyone involved gets banned. If users rapidly change region between distant points in the world it should be easy enough to track.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibah View Post
    Lmao 500 eur a month, who the fuck can live on that?
    Eastern Europe countries mostly. They got cheap shit over there, so the sallaries are according to it, which is why a lot of them come to Scandinavia to work and send all their money to their family back home. As a normal sallary here is like 2-3k/month.

To the OP.
    I remember I bought a level boost back in Vanilla, 57-60 or something and think I paid like 20 bucks for it. 1-60 I'd probably pay 200 for at top. But I wont, got other priorities this time around, with a family and shit to take care of.

Also leveling in Vanilla/Classic is far more fun than it is in Retail, and anyone who buys a boost just cheats them self out of a lot of fun to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Why would I want to skip the best part of the game?
    The best part (and only part I would be willing to play Vanilla again for) is Alterac PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    I wont give any morality lessons, but a wish, a wish that everyone that sells and buys those services ends up insta perma banned.
    So you've never bought or sold a WoW Token? Ever? Or done anything of the sort in any online game?

I have ZERO issues paying for things that save me time. I've paid for Boosts in other games, gold, etc. If I can buy it with one hour of pay/work, what takes me 12-24 hours to do in my personal time, bet your ass I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    So you've never bought or sold a WoW Token? Ever? Or done anything of the sort in any online game?

I have ZERO issues paying for things that save me time. I've paid for Boosts in other games, gold, etc. If I can buy it with one hour of pay/work, what takes me 12-24 hours to do in my personal time, bet your ass I'd do it.
    Actually no i havent. I prefer to pay for the sub. But you're not event talking about the same lvl of stuff, tokens and boosts in live are offered by blizz themselves, in a version of the game has a absolutely horrific leveling experience and is all about being max lvl and the end game.

Even so, i'm a fanatic when it comes to these things because im a firm believer that they mess up the economy of the realms far too much and this is a aspect of the game i value greatly.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was cheaper and legal I'd defenitly do it. To me, WoW has ALWAYS been about endgame. Leveling has just been a chore from vanilla to BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Eastern Europe countries mostly. They got cheap shit over there, so the sallaries are according to it, which is why a lot of them come to Scandinavia to work and send all their money to their family back home. As a normal sallary here is like 2-3k/month.

To the OP.
    I remember I bought a level boost back in Vanilla, 57-60 or something and think I paid like 20 bucks for it. 1-60 I'd probably pay 200 for at top. But I wont, got other priorities this time around, with a family and shit to take care of.

Also leveling in Vanilla/Classic is far more fun than it is in Retail, and anyone who buys a boost just cheats them self out of a lot of fun to be honest.
    Actually food/water/electricity/other bills here are pretty much the same as they are everywhere else across Europe, only rent/housing/etc is cheaper, pretty much thats why UK/Nordics is full of Baltic/Romanian/etc immigrants, cuz pay/living conditions is much higher/better.
    Last edited by Nerska123; 2019-05-24 at 06:04 PM.

After the you level your 'main' normally and if you want to actually pay money for a leveling service, power to you. Otherwise, what the hell's the point? Durr, let's play classic again so I can not actually play. Sounds stupid. Just play on a private server and get your instant 60's and epic gear if that's the experience you want.

EDIT: For full disclosure, I did actually pay someone to camp Arcturis for me. I think it was a d2jsp thing though.
    Last edited by Prozach; 2019-05-24 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerska123 View Post
    Should be and would be is a different things. I'm not planning on buying one ofc, especially cause ~500eur after taxes is a legit monthly wage where i live. But i and a lot of others don't give a fuck about ToS, for example : I never read it/nor i wish to do so. So yeah...
    Considering leveling a char in vanilla is about month's worth of work, I don't see any issue here.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Why the hell would I pay money to not play a game I'm paying a subscription for?
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

No, i would not.

ill be buying a R14 boost for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Seven hells.. for years people beg and cry for classic WoW and now theres already PRE-ORDERS.. of all things.. for god damn leveling boosts?

Lmao! fuckin' facepalm.

I do hope every single one of them will get a perma ban.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Occasionally I would run into people in the real world who played WoW, this was back during Vanilla ofcourse, and they would tell me about how they were some level below 60 and how they did some dungeon one night or whatever. They would eventually ask about my character, and I would explain to them that I was level 60 and they would think that was boring because I had no more levels to gain or spells to learn, which I always responded the same way, the game begins at level 60.

This may seem like I’m agreeing with you, but I’m not. During Vanilla WoW, there were essentially two games, the game while leveling and the game of raiding. To describe it as throwing shit in your way to waste time is simply a reductionist view which applies to everything.