Page 38 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    That's kinda how I view it as well. I know there's some people lurking in the shadows who haven't played WoW seriously for a while who have been wanting Classic but the majority of players currently can't deal with Island Expeditions cap and have to buy Freehold boosts to get to 120, I don't think they'll last very long in classic.
    That's just more about making good use of time. Island Expeditions are shitty use of time as is leveling compared to just buying freehold boosts.

There's proper leveling path's to classic too that will cut down leveling time significantly, or is leveling fast against your idea as well?

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    August 27th Young Grasshopper.
    You'll see what happens .
    I've been playing since Vanilla, nothing will happen that I haven't already experienced.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That's just more about making good use of time. Island Expeditions are shitty use of time as is leveling compared to just buying freehold boosts.

There's proper leveling path's to classic too that will cut down leveling time significantly, or is leveling fast against your idea as well?
    I mean I don't mind, to me "shortcuts" is a natural part of what happens when you repeat the content. I had fun leveling back in the day when I did it the first time and maybe second time, just as I have enjoyed leveling the first (and maybe second) time in all expansions, but once you have seen the content it becomes a lot more tedious and you start looking at shortcuts. What vanilla had that classic doesn't have is the "new" factor. A lot of people had a good time but no matter how much they try to convince themselves, it won't be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    WoWs playerbase isn't going to make classic big. It's the players that blizzard alienated over the years that come back.
    Yeah, yeah, we all heard this delusional argument before, that all the people that left WoW left so because "it's no longer vanilla WoW". Repeating it doesn't make the argument any less delusional.

It immerses you because it requires investment,
    Time investment =/= immersion. Those are two completely different concepts.

and that investment feels rewarding.
    Completely subjective. I, and many others, think that all the time investment requirement in Classic are not worth the rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I mean I don't mind, to me "shortcuts" is a natural part of what happens when you repeat the content. I had fun leveling back in the day when I did it the first time and maybe second time, just as I have enjoyed leveling the first (and maybe second) time in all expansions, but once you have seen the content it becomes a lot more tedious and you start looking at shortcuts. What vanilla had that classic doesn't have is the "new" factor. A lot of people had a good time but no matter how much they try to convince themselves, it won't be the same.
    I'm actually seeing a lot of people coming in to play who started much later then vanilla (late tbc, wrath, etc) who will have that new factor. Personally I'm only playing because my wife never got to experience it, but we did find a raiding guild so it'll at least be entertaining once the leveling slog is out of the way (and we will be using the best leveling guide/addon we can find... I am not doing "sightseeing" leveling lol)

I mean if you have a sub, you will probably have a dabble in classic wow.

I still think its all nostalgia and once people get to the "end game" and you can't really find 40 people to raid(outside of the streamer families) and be able to play the spec you'd like with out being pushed to one niche etc it'll die very quickly.

i don't think there's a chance of that happening.
    a lot of people seem to forget how shitty classic was/is, it's dead slow, it doesn't fit the modern MMO culture... if u think u know "grindy", let classic redefine it for u
    40man raid, how much loot do u get in it? 3?

worst case scenario, they're going to take pieces of classic (like talent calc) and bring it back to retail wow.

there might be a lot of people logging into classic, but when a new exp confirmation is out, and especially when the exp is out, every1's gonna come back to retail.

btw - how many people total were playing on the private classic servers compared to wow retail?

Trion already did a classic Rift server and they had to close it after one year.
    Last edited by Hexxed86; 2019-05-24 at 06:29 PM.

Why do retail players hate classic so much and want it to fail? Is it really that hard to accept some people prefer an old version of the game?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InFamous Gerbil View Post
    Why do retail players hate classic so much and want it to fail? Is it really that hard to accept some people prefer an old version of the game?
    To be fair you could easily reverse the statement and ask the same of classic players.

Fanatics on both side.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    To be fair you could easily reverse the statement and ask the same of classic players.

Fanatics on both side.
    Exaclty...both sides have disgusting people

I can already see the future of the classic servers. Chinese farmers getting rich and boosters everywhere. They can't wait for it. Don't forget all Blizz did to combat them was to only take advantage of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something fun about Classic will be to see how many people open their eyes on how AWESOME AND GREAT leveling from 1 to 60 was back in those days!!! it was an adventure... hope one day leveling will be as great as it was in vanilla in CUrrent wow
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Classic will be so successful that it will effect retail.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    what's in classic will last 2 years easy, and they are open to adding new lvl 60 content voted by the community after Naxx is over.

TBH, i feel the opposite. I don't see how retail can even begin to compete with classic. I saw more excitement towards classic during the beta than i've seen in WoW in 10+ years. The NEED to log in, that's something WoW hasn't had for me in many years
    I think it depends on the release schedule for whether classic can last 2 years easily. From what I remember in one interview they were open to adding new level 60 content and in another they were not.

You're seeing excitement for something 'new' (I know it's old). Subscriber numbers always spike at new expansions, which is a very similar to the relaunch of classic in many ways. Classic has this sort of 'hipster' + hardcore appeal + people jumping on the bandwagon. I'm not saying classic won't be great or popular, but I still don't think it will overtake retail (except maybe for the first few weeks of release).
    Last edited by Netherling; 2019-05-24 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Something fun about Classic will be to see how many people open their eyes on how AWESOME AND GREAT leveling from 1 to 60 was back in those days!!! it was an adventure... hope one day leveling will be as great as it was in vanilla in CUrrent wow
    yes it was .

adventure which taken normal people 3-4 months to complete and making 90% of people quit during it without ever reaching endgoal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah, yeah, we all heard this delusional argument before, that all the people that left WoW left so because "it's no longer vanilla WoW". Repeating it doesn't make the argument any less delusional.

Time investment =/= immersion. Those are two completely different concepts.

Completely subjective. I, and many others, think that all the time investment requirement in Classic are not worth the rewards.
    It's dillusional to think that the current product is better than classic. BFA has its merits, but the scope of those merits is so narrow it's just not comparable.

This is why im saying that IF classic is bigger, it's not going to be because of BFA players moving to it.

And give me a break about saying people havent left the game because of design decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    It's unfortunate but only those that have experienced it before understand the impact it has on your life.
    Classic is truly the WORLD of Warcraft.

So excited to just walk around in the world and get the feeling of being a small fish in a HUGE pond again.
    It was a world because you didn't know what you were doing and you were always discovering stuff. At the end of Vanilla, it was a game like any other. Unless you think end-game of farming resist gear and dungeons was still a world after you did every dungeon 20 times. I'm not the same person I was 15 years ago, either. It's great you sound like you're going to like it, but don't try to say that everyone that played Vanilla will care.

Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    It's dillusional to think that the current product is better than classic.
    Except I never said that? Like, at all? Ever? So you're just making a strawman here, bud.

And give me a break about saying people havent left the game because of design decisions.
    And this is strawman #2, since I never said people never left the game because of design decisions.

"If you can't argue someone's position, make strawman of their arguments and argue against it." Is that how the saying goes?

Quote Originally Posted by InFamous Gerbil View Post
    TBF even though resources were not taken directly from Retail, someone had to pay the Classic team for their work which means that resources were put into it that could have been used somewhere else, so there is some animosity from some people about that.