Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post
    The only people that seems to be uneducated seems to be vegans, it's why this child was very nearly murdered, you know what, get in the same group as Anti Vaxxers and Flat Earther, you're just as stupid.
    I don't think a diet is quite the same as denying the Earth is round.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, this is what happens when a ideology goes too far. No different from anti-vaxxers or religious nutjobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Optimal nutrition goes beyond just plants. The more variety in our diet, the better, with certain things cut out like refined sugars.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I'm not anti vegan because I don't give a fuck what you do to your body, but I can't stand when people promote it as a healthy lifestyle when it isn't, especially when it's forced on developing kids and animals.
    There is healthy and there is challenging, vegan diets (done correctly) are the latter.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    B) Still not sure why veganism is so vilified. It seems like a noble goal that we should devote more scientific power towards until it's achievable for everyone.
    I'm a meat eater, however I do agree that veganism is a noble goal. In fact, there are certain meats I refuse to eat. If science ever gets to the point of making decent test tube meat I will happily switch over. Having all that said, my issue with modern vegans is that the vast majority that preach moral superiority aren't true vegans. It's extremely hypocritical to be screamed at for eating meat when vegans completely ignore the astronomical amount of animals that die during the production of crops.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Why? (the animal abuse cases aside, which seems contradictory to the tenets of veganism anyway; why stop using all animal products to then go on to enslave an animal?).
    Cats are carnivores. End of story...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

vegans are worse than bro science chads, yes a plant based diet for a short while can have health benefits. no, that doesn't mean it is a healthy long-term diet, it's possible but you need to eat large quantities of some very weird foods to get the nutrients you miss out on by avoiding meat and most vegans don't do that. which is why a few years after starting, a lot of them get sick and have to start eating normally again.

You can be vegan when you are older, but that diet doesn't work for kids. Also they didn't even vaccinate their kid which should be mandatory.

Not to mention it was high in sugar. Bananas are a shit fruit with lots of sugar, I rather get my potassium from somewhere else.
    /facepalm.

Not all sugar's are bad. Natural sugar not processed sugar is one of the fastest burning energies and the least of peoples troubles.

As much as I like to bash vegans and other alternate hippy retards, them being vegans does not explain how the kid was essentially on a breatharian diet.

Edit: Personally I don't mind a vegetarian diet, I don't need to eat meat all the time, but I think the extremism that is a vegan diet is going too far. Restricting yourself to additives and a very limted range of protein seems to be counterproductive.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-05-25 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    I don't think a diet is quite the same as denying the Earth is round.
    Feeding that diet to an 18 month old child, watching that child literally starving to death in front of you, and still insisting that it's a "stomach bug" is on the same level as flat earth beliefs.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

5+ Year Old Account
    My son is on a vegan diet and has been for the past 4 years.
    People always seem to flip out when you hear a child dying or getting sick because of incompetent parents yet it doesn't really happen all that often.

Child obesity is much more of an issue and a lot more common yet the noise around it is fairly minimal.
    Last edited by conceptKitty; 2019-05-25 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Feeding that diet to an 18 month old child, watching that child literally starving to death in front of you, and still insisting that it's a "stomach bug" is on the same level as flat earth beliefs.
    No, that's called shitty parenting, not so much of a belief system as much as a state of stupidity and ineptitude.

/facepalm I fucking hate some people.
    That's not a vegan diet, it is a raw vegan diet.

A vegan diet for a child is fine. A raw vegan diet for just about anyone, is awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    I'm a meat eater, however I do agree that veganism is a noble goal. In fact, there are certain meats I refuse to eat. If science ever gets to the point of making decent test tube meat I will happily switch over. Having all that said, my issue with modern vegans is that the vast majority that preach moral superiority aren't true vegans. It's extremely hypocritical to be screamed at for eating meat when vegans completely ignore the astronomical amount of animals that die during the production of crops.
    People being preachy about anything is annoying.

Yes, animals inadvertently die when clearing land for the growing of crops. However, those same animals die clearing land for livestock pasture and feed crop growth as well. There's a huge difference between:

X amount of animals inadvertently killed to produce crops

VS.

X amount of animals inadvertently killed to produce crops/feed land + near 15 billion livestock animals slaughtered purposely.

I respect your take on lab grown meat. I hope it happens soon.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2019-05-25 at 12:01 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Okay, my protein budget is 120g/protein a day, because I run and strength train. If you can create a soy-free sample diet for a day that gets that much protein in my diet under 2k calories a day, I'd love to see it.
    That's not really that hard. Just substitute soy with seitan. I'm not a big fan of seitan mind you, it's heavily processed and the amino acid spectrum is narrow. But if you purely want to hit that 120g cap it works. I'd probably go for a different type of bean but then you're going to struggle staying under 2k. Plus it requires you eating about a kilo of various beans, seeds and nuts a day.

If you run and strength train doesn't 2k calories land you in a massive calorie deficit? I do a combination of muay thai and bouldering plus I cycle to work. My weight would take a nose dive if I stuck to 2k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    I am not a nutritionist, but my sister is. She also has a masters in Botany, with a focus on plant based nutrition. She has also been vegan, and she has turned her thinking around dramatically. I asked her about all of this, because I am not an expert. She pointed me at an online article by Chris Kresser, who also used to be vegan and has completely changed how he views food and animal nutrition after studying the facts.

https://chriskresser.com/why-you-sho...d-vegan-diets/

You can choose not to read it. That's your call. But it counters a number of things you said, and it would be worthwhile reading to understand some of the finer points why veganism isn't as healthy as a standalone.

Also, that meal plan you posted was just horrible. I know you said it was a quick search to make your point, but it's so horribly nutritionally unbalanced it's not funny.
    So we've gone from an article on couple that fed their newborn a extremely restricted raw vegan diet to an article which suggests that a vegan diet is probably not the best choice for optimal nutrition.

Nobody here is claiming a vegan diet will grant you optimal nutrition. The SAD won't grant you optimal nutrition either. Neither will drinking alcohol.

The article you linked doesn't suggest a vegan diet can't be healthy. It suggests that eating animal products gives you more options and that there are less pitfalls. I agree on that, i'm unsure how anyone could think it would be any different. Of course you're going to get better results if you facilitate all the building blocks life has to offer. It also goes over various pitfalls within a vegan diet and also covers ways to counter them.

If you're following a vegan diet purely for health reasons then after reading this it would make a lot of sense to stop. However many people don't follow a vegan diet purely for health reasons and since you can eat a vegan diet and still be healthy, even if it's not the most optimal diet for nutrition.
    Last edited by insert random number; 2019-05-25 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    Good. Vegans are just some of the worst people on the planet. I especially hate the ones who force their shit on their pets like cats.
    Yeah, when they force cats to be vegan, it really shows their colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I don't think being a stoner has anything to do with it lol. I get high every day and I take care of my family and pets just fine.
    Is "just fine" really what you want out of life? I wouldn't take to raising a family with such low standards.

2 vegans down, plenty more to go

Another problem with veganism is that each one of their meals seems to be comprised of ingredients produced in every corner of the world. There's zero sustainability in it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm not vegan so...

No "crusade" was being made you muppet. It was a basic fact. Look at the content of this thread.
    Chill out. Go grab a burger, dawg.