Page 39 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by InFamous Gerbil View Post
    Why do retail players hate classic so much and want it to fail?
    Do you ask that same question to the Classic players that hate modern WoW so much and want it to fail as well? Or is this a veiled attempt to imply that only the modern players are "toxic"?

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I'm just going to point out that WOW classic STRESS TEST 1, the smallest ST of them all; had more people in the starting zones than are on ENTIRE SERVERS in BFA. By a large margin.

That one addon account counted 8000 new characters in an hour. Do any live realms even have 8k total?
    Again, nostalgia. Beta just started. It is idiotic to compare the two when one just started and everyone is under the heavy influence of nostalgia while the other is in a down cycle due to the fact a new patch is coming soon and people are waiting for that. How about you wait until 6 mponths or more have passed after it goes live before comparing? You will start to get a more realistic comparison.

Yes, most realms have more than 8,000 total, by the way.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2019-05-24 at 07:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yes it was .

adventure which taken normal people 3-4 months to complete and making 90% of people quit during it without ever reaching endgoal.
    For many people the very "endgoal" is to level and just do quests + Explore, have many friends that just do that and never do stuff at max level
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

BFA! CLASSIC! BFA! CLASSIC!....Let people play and enjoy what they want.

I for one cant even compare them, pretty much two totally different games. Personally i prefer classic, Everything you do just seems more meaningful.
    And the most important thing is it really feels like an adventure! a real rpg feeling for me atleast. It's more grindy sure, but the fun kind.

I had my fun with BFA, did alot world pvp, arena, all raids on hc, some mythics done +15 on every dunegon. It was really fun with my 5 man group.

But i would pretty much never play bfa alone,solo it was so booring, it was to easy to get gear, raiding gear was pretty much useless if you did not do mythic raiding, better to farm +10 keys. But i have no problem with that in classic. I think classic will do good for wow overall, bring som new life to the game. maybe revive som old schools. The devs can pick ideas from both retail and classic.

Well it can not do worse for the game atleast.

Why do retail players hate classic so much and want it to fail? Is it really that hard to accept some people prefer an old version of the game?
    Why do classic players hate retail some much and want it to fail? Is it really hard to accept some people prefer the current version of the game?

Works both ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Something fun about Classic will be to see how many people open their eyes on how AWESOME AND GREAT leveling from 1 to 60 was back in those days!!! it was an adventure... hope one day leveling will be as great as it was in vanilla in CUrrent wow
    I hope this is sarcasm because AWESOME AND GREAT should never be used to described leveling in Classic. GRINDY AND TIRESOME, yes.

"Retailers"
    "Retail babies"

Classic players are delusional.

You see, Classic will be popular, well yes of course. Streamers are hoarding views right now because everyone wants to play it but not everyone has access. That will fade with time. The problem with Classic is that its content is finite, a counterpart that is constantly getting updates cannot be overshadowed, it just can't.

I would argue they will find a way to update Classic, eventually... But that day it will stop being Classic. AND if that happens it can then overtake Retail. But guess what, it would just be a retail ramification, so technically... not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol no
    /10char

It's kinda sad cause in most games if you'd stuck around for 15 years most players of that game would show you some sort of respect as a long time player whereas here it's almost looked down upon. I don't consider myself a blizz fanboy and I don't make excuses for the bad stuff, but I do feel like all the time invested into my main character adds up and the more I do on it, the stronger the bond. It is a MMORPG after all. I would have thought there would be more people around like myself who actually care about my character and the time invested, and isn't looking to jump on the classic train.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Raids are much more gear checks than they are now. No amount of skill can overcome the gear checks of vanilla. Why do you think wf/tf exist today?

Secondly, there is a huge segment of wow players who remember vanilla for all it was and can’t wait to return to that

Wow vanilla had casuals too

WF/TF exist today cause blizzard thinks players either stop playing or unsub once they complete there Gear check list so what better why to pigeon hold people into keep playing then to make sure they never truly get all the BiS they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    People really need to stop siting twitch, bfa beat out twitch on Numbers your defeating your own argument when you site it for success.
    Did you even take a look at Twitch? Pretty much ALL the top streamers are streaming classic beta these days. This might not be the case years from now, but it is the case right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except I never said that? Like, at all? Ever? So you're just making a strawman here, bud.

And this is strawman #2, since I never said people never left the game because of design decisions.

"If you can't argue someone's position, make strawman of their arguments and argue against it." Is that how the saying goes?
    So what ARE you saying then? You just countered my point about people leaving the game over design decisions amd now I'm strawmanning you? I know what a strawman is dude.

All I am trying to say is that there is an underserved market that Classic is going to come in and serve. There will be some overlap, but it's not going to consume BFA's playerbase.

There WILL be a significant amount of WoW players coming back who previously left because of design decisions. There WILL be other new players who want to try it out. It's a question of how many people there will be. Classic is more likely to retain new players because its leveling is better than BFA's by orders of magnitude.

It absolutely CAN be bigger, and it is not dilusional. If it is bigger, there will be more content, whether thats burning crusade or new stuff.

There now you can counter that and tell me I am strawmanning you after you move the goal posts again.

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Did you even take a look at Twitch? Pretty much ALL the top streamers are streaming classic beta these days. This might not be the case years from now, but it is the case right now.
    all the top WoW streamers are streaming classic cause they are riding the hype train. you realize they only earn money if people are watching. more people watching more possible revenue. while also reliving there childhood nostalgia of a outdated game

Quote Originally Posted by Gotanks305 View Post
    all the top WoW streamers are streaming classic cause they are riding the hype train. you realize they only earn money if people are watching. more people watching more possible revenue. while also reliving there childhood nostalgia of a outdated game
    These are exactly the things the gaming industry revolves around these days. Thanks for summing it up in a nutshell. Hype, money and nostalgia are the keywords here.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Even with that the numbers are lower then a month after bfa came out. It’s just not a good metric.

Do you ask that same question to the Classic players that hate modern WoW so much and want it to fail as well? Or is this a veiled attempt to imply that only the modern players are "toxic"?
    But they don't want modern WoW to fail. Classic players only want WoW to return to its former glory. That's the difference. Obviously some are toxic about it. I do agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    So what ARE you saying then? You just countered my point about people leaving the game over design decisions amd now I'm strawmanning you? I know what a strawman is dude.
    Obviously you don't. You literally said:
    Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    WoWs playerbase isn't going to make classic big. It's the players that blizzard alienated over the years that come back.
    So you heavily imply that the players who left WoW throughout the years left because it was no longer vanilla WoW, completely ignoring all the other reasons players may have left over the years.

All I am trying to say is that there is an underserved market that Classic is going to come in and serve. There will be some overlap, but it's not going to consume BFA's playerbase.
    And this 100% irrelevant because that's not the subject at hand, here.

There now you can counter that and tell me I am strawmanning you after you move the goal posts again.
    I literally explained how you were strawmaning me in the post you quoted: i.e. you were accusing me of saying things I never did.

Its like watching kids that still believe in Santa... Grow up already. Classic will be a success but for few months or even less. Then people will realize what hyper nerds sold them through twitch, youtube and forums like this. Classic was and still is a pain in the ass for anyone that has any RL. I hope it will be at least OK so that Blizzard won't spend all that resources on a 15y old game just so that hyper nerds got what they wanted...

But they don't want modern WoW to fail. Classic players only want WoW to return to its former glory. That's the difference.
    The enormous mount of pro-classic posts shitting on modern WoW in this forum kind of say otherwise.

Obviously some are toxic about it. I do agree with that.
    Oh. So now you're implying all modern WoW players are "toxic against Classic", but then only some classic WoW players are toxic toward modern WoW? Interesting caveat you added there.

But they don't want modern WoW to fail. Classic players only want WoW to return to its former glory. That's the difference. Obviously some are toxic about it. I do agree with that.
    Actually there's been a lot of posts in the spirit of "i hope retail dies". As a player who has been there since the start, me myself have no desire for this nostalgia trip and backtracking that is classic, but i have no qualms with people who want to play it. There's definitely people taking shots at both classic and BFA.

Obviously you don't. You literally said:

So you heavily imply that the players who left WoW throughout the years left because it was no longer vanilla WoW, completely ignoring all the other reasons players may have left over the years.

And this 100% irrelevant because that's not the subject at hand, here.

I literally explained how you were strawmaning me in the post you quoted: i.e. you were accusing me of saying things I never did.
    Who is strawmannig now? Did i say people left because it is no longer vanilla wow? I am referring to the decisions that caused wow to stray from the original design of the game. There is a legitimate possibilty that classic can have a playerbase that could match or be bigger than BFA.

Why are you being so defensive and antagonistic about this?

The design of the game is so drastically different that BFA simply does not offer elements that classic does. There is a market for it. This is undeniable. It's just a question of how big that market is.

Are you hung up on the fact that I said it's delusional to think BFA is better than classic? Do you think I "accused" you of thinking that? Well I stand by what I said, and I didn't put words in your mouth dude.
    Last edited by oland138; 2019-05-24 at 10:05 PM.