Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You can have a PC that does native 4K 30/60 with current gen games for under $500?

When did that ever happen?
    He had an nvme SSD in his PC "years ago" too apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    He had an nvme SSD in his PC "years ago" too apparently.
    Right and if I recall right the GDDR6 that will likely be in the system came out years ago as well, Along with Navi and the Zen 3 CPU.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    You can have a PC that does native 4K 30/60 with current gen games for under $500?

When did that ever happen?
    I know that I'm baiting myself for a ban because moderators think any mention of PC is a PCvsConsole argument, but I have to correct when correcting is needed. To answer your question it happened about 3 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm slowly transitioning to digital only because of comfort.
    Will I be able to play my Dragon quest XI (I got the digital version) on a PS5 2-3 years from now?

Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    I'm slowly transitioning to digital only because of comfort.
    Will I be able to play my Dragon quest XI (I got the digital version) on a PS5 2-3 years from now?
    Yes.

Everything PS4 is carrying over to PS5.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    sweet, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    All this ztuff is reminding me of the ps3 flop, 8k? Ray tracing? Ssd that has to be 1tb or its not worth it? Are we looking at a console with a base cost of 1200$?
    I think it will be 499 msrp or equivalent. I do have an opinion on that though:

1. I think we will have a hybrid storage solution, with a small amount(maybe 64gb) of soldiered flash memory and a 1tb HDD. The flash memory will house latest applications and cause fast loading. I think the term SSD is misleading people to believe we will get a plug and play consumer drive, when in fact I believe the SSD will be the console itself using soldiered flash memory in a hybrid config. This keeps costs very low while providing the speed advertised. It also allows for expandable storage via HDD thru replacement of default hdd, or thru usb.
    2. I think ray tracing and 8k will be features that are technically possible on the system. However, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that we will see this in AAA videogames. This speaks to the potential uses of the hardware on many difference scales. So for example, a small scale indie game that might use ray tracing as a puzzle, or a checkerboard upscale of a game to 8k(or even just video playback in 8k) may not require the type of money sink you imagine, nor does it promise the revolution in performance you imagine either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I know that I'm baiting myself for a ban because moderators think any mention of PC is a PCvsConsole argument, but I have to correct when correcting is needed. To answer your question it happened about 3 years ago.

You can't really compare apples to oranges, you have to look at many factors.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-05-28 at 03:01 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    You can't really compare apples to oranges, you have to look at many factors.
    If you know where to shop you can build a competent 4k PC for less than $500. As 4k as a RX 580 can get, which is what console systems are running anyway. Ebay is amazingly for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    If you know where to shop you can build a competent 4k PC for less than $500. As 4k as a RX 580 can get, which is what console systems are running anyway. Ebay is amazingly for this.
    Don't get me wrong. I would love to discuss this here. I even have some points I wish to make, but I don't think the mods will allow us to discuss console vs pc here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Everything PS4 is carrying over to PS5.
    So if I have a save for SpiderMan on my PS4, can I get that on my PS5? Because If I can transfer over all my saves, I can pretty much sell my PS4 once PS5 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    So if I have a save for SpiderMan on my PS4, can I get that on my PS5? Because If I can transfer over all my saves, I can pretty much sell my PS4 once PS5 comes out.
    From the way it sounds, everything you have on PS4 will carry over. I'm not Sony so I can't speak for them but that's the way it sounds. Even more so since they are comparing load times and all.

We will likely know more later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Literally 100% guarantee PS+ cloud saves will carry over, and 90% guarantee USB back up saves will carry over(with the other 10% on the chance they go full retard like Nintendo and only allow cloud backups on PS5, but doubtful given the way PS4 already works).

Also a high probably they just have straight up system transfers as well like they currently do by simply connecting the devices via Ethernet cable.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I would love to discuss this here. I even have some points I wish to make, but I don't think the mods will allow us to discuss console vs pc here.
    I just found that out the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    I just found that out the hard way.
    It's kind of silly in the scheme of things to block the conversation, price is extremely important when figure on consoles so PC does come a lot into that.

But OT: the BC is very intriguing... I wish they would go all the way back to PS1, but some part of me doubts that.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's kind of silly in the scheme of things to block the conversation, price is extremely important when figure on consoles so PC does come a lot into that.

But OT: the BC is very intriguing... I wish they would go all the way back to PS1, but some part of me doubts that.
    PS2 and PS1 BC is a given, but how it's implemented would be a question(IE could be like it is on PS4 with just a small pathetic amount of games available digital only).

PS3 BC is the true question. Personally, I doubt this happens. Almost every PS3 game worth playing got remastered on PS4 so seems like a giant waste of effort on their end with very little to gain. Yes there is Demon's Souls but everyone knows that is getting a remaster or remake from Sony at some point, they own the game not From Software and they will look to profit off it again in the future.

PS2 and PS1 BC is a given, but how it's implemented would be a question(IE could be like it is on PS4 with just a small pathetic amount of games available digital only).

PS3 BC is the true question. Personally, I doubt this happens. Almost every PS3 game worth playing got remastered on PS4 so seems like a giant waste of effort on their end with very little to gain. Yes there is Demon's Souls but everyone knows that is getting a remaster or remake from Sony at some point, they own the game not From Software and they will look to profit off it again in the future.
    Yea, that's some potential money to to just throw away. Full BC would be amazing for us, the gamers, but there's no money in full BC.

The reason I think Sony is going to go ham on BC (and do both digital and physical and all PS systems) is because that's the one area they lost in this gen. If Sony comes out swinging and shows you can do everything on the PS5 the (Xbox Whatever) can plus play Playstation's full library of games then the next gen "console war" will be over before it even starts.

Also what are they really going to sell the system on? Its safe to say the PS4 will be supported for a few years more and they will need something besides Native 4K to sell the system even more so if its going to have a $500 price tag.

Also IMO Sony can eat a bag of dick's if they think ill pay $500 for the PS5 and it doesn't have full BC. I personally will just wait a couple years for a price drop,bundle or some big exclusive that won't be on PS4.

They need a day 1 reason to buy the system and like I said it being able to play games in 4K won't be enough.

They need a day 1 reason to buy the system and like I said it being able to play games in 4K won't be enough.
    Eh. As much as I know that console companies rely on early adopters, the really smart people never buy day 1 consoles. Always ALWAYS wait for at least the first hardware revision, so they can work out most of the nasty, unexpected hardware issues. If I am going to drop 500 bucks on a console, I am going to want to make sure it isn't going to shit the bed on me after a few months because the heatsinks were improperly installed or some shit.

The reason I think Sony is going to go ham on BC (and do both digital and physical and all PS systems) is because that's the one area they lost in this gen. If Sony comes out swinging and shows you can do everything on the PS5 the (Xbox Whatever) can plus play Playstation's full library of games then the next gen "console war" will be over before it even starts.

Also what are they really going to sell the system on? Its safe to say the PS4 will be supported for a few years more and they will need something besides Native 4K to sell the system even more so if its going to have a $500 price tag.

Also IMO Sony can eat a bag of dick's if they think ill pay $500 for the PS5 and it doesn't have full BC. I personally will just wait a couple years for a price drop,bundle or some big exclusive that won't be on PS4.

Xbox One BC is shit though, sure they "lost" that war but it's by being the more shitty end of it. MS does not enable BC for any game they can't sell digitally so as much as they try to act like they're the good guys, it all comes down to $. I don't see them enabling BC in games like JSRF or NCAA 14 which are the 2 most asked for games on their forums. Why? Sega/EA don't have the licenses to sell those games anymore due to music(JSRF) and college amateur legal trouble(NCAA).

And this is why I doubt Sony invests much in it either past the obvious- PS4 and some form of PS2/PS1. There is no money in going way out of your way for BC.

PS3 BC is nearly irrelevant with how many remasters we got this gen, I don't see that being worth the time or effort from Sony at all. And you would probably lose 1-2 AAA games from Sony from the team that would have to do it. I'll pass.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-05-29 at 09:12 AM.

PS3 BC is nearly irrelevant with how many remasters we got this gen, I don't see that being worth the time or effort from Sony at all. And you would probably lose 1-2 AAA games from Sony from the team that would have to do it. I'll pass.
    I disagree. We got a lot of remasters but a lot of games didn't get remastered, That includes both first and 3rd party. Also the team that works on the emulation for the system wouldn't be the same team working on the games.

The amount of remasters we did get is a small drop in the ocean of titles that released on the PS3. The hardware is more then strong enough to support it and it will gain them more good will.

I think just because they revealed it will play PS4 titles they are holding back the juice details and I fully expect some kind of trailer where it goes thought each system leading into the PS5 and they be like (It plays everything).

Who knows, I guess we mite find out later this year. The way I see it is if some guy in his basement can do it Sony can do it faster and better.

I won't lie part of me hopes for it just because I want one box that plays everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Eh. As much as I know that console companies rely on early adopters, the really smart people never buy day 1 consoles. Always ALWAYS wait for at least the first hardware revision, so they can work out most of the nasty, unexpected hardware issues. If I am going to drop 500 bucks on a console, I am going to want to make sure it isn't going to shit the bed on me after a few months because the heatsinks were improperly installed or some shit.
    Hardware issues are going to happen, Doesn't matter what revision you buy. Hell I still got my Launch PS4 and it works just fine.