https://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot....part-1-or.html

Summed up my thoughts on each dev comment. Overall i'm excited but certain changes feel like experiments that might fall flat on their face. Healers in particular seem like they are being set up for the very issues they are trying at the exact same time to get tanks over already.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Here I thought it looked more like he wanted to talk to me about Liberty Medical and diabeetus.
    ........I'm dropping the beard and making that option now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The only thing that I haven't really been able to see well is the Viera running animation, as seen from behind the character. Since that's the animation you see the vast majority of the time, it's really important to me that it look smooth and natural and "cool" so to speak. There are races in every game I play that I simply will never use because their run animation looks terrible IMO. That's one of the reasons I like the Female Miqo'te so much, their running animation just looks so natural. If that animation is solid, I'll definitely be changing from a cat girl to a bunny girl. I love my cat, but the clipping issues with the tail on some armors is ridiculous.
    This is why I can't play female Midlanders. The one I made was quickly changed to a highlander. Ultimately it was the right decision for more than just the run as the emotes for the highlander fit the character's personality far better for what I had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    ........I'm dropping the beard and making that option now.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why I can't play female Midlanders. The one I made was quickly changed to a highlander. Ultimately it was the right decision for more than just the run as the emotes for the highlander fit the character's personality far better for what I had in mind.
    I did the exact same thing, female midlander running animation is atrocious to me and is the animation I have in my head as the "nope" example. Elbows in, hands out, fists going side to side (rather than forward and back), demure, feminine, very stereotypical "run like a girl" animation. Uggh...I hate it. Real runners (regardless of what gender they are) don't run like that...ever.

Thank god for "Dragoon jumps are much quicker". So annoying when I can't move during a mechanic because i am animation locked.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Thank god for "Dragoon jumps are much quicker". So annoying when I can't move during a mechanic because i am animation locked.
    I always joked the animation lock should be longer, but the dragoon should be immune to damage. I always had Kain jumping in FF II (IV) and avoiding 1-2 rounds of combat and coming down perfectly fine while everyone else was wrecked and Rosa was trying to get a Cure off to save them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I'm kind of hoping that Healers that can still Heal and DPS are the ones that show they have some skill in the game. In like every game that I play a Healer in I always try to also maximise my DPS just to make runs go faster and smoother. In games like WoW/Swtor/WH:O etc, I always found that someone able to play their healer well and still maintain a 50% dps efficiency was a good healer.
    I'd like that too if DPSing was interesting but when DPSing consists of 90% 1 button to massage, the less I see of it the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'd like that too if DPSing was interesting but when DPSing consists of 90% 1 button to massage, the less I see of it the better.
    Completely agreed. Healer DPS'ing is currently boring AF. If they change it to make it more interesting, I'd be fine with it.

Completely agreed. Healer DPS'ing is currently boring AF. If they change it to make it more interesting, I'd be fine with it.
    Still beats literally doing bugger all when theres nothing to heal and that takes anywhere over 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Still beats literally doing bugger all when theres nothing to heal and that takes anywhere over 80%.
    Yeah, performance wise of course....but I wouldn't really be able to strongly argue that it's really that much more engaging or fun to press one button over and over than pressing no button at all.

"Doing something is better than doing nothing" isn't a strong argument in this case, IMO.

Yeah, performance wise of course....but I wouldn't really be able to strongly argue that it's really that much more engaging or fun to press one button over and over than pressing no button at all.

"Doing something is better than doing nothing" isn't a strong argument in this case, IMO.
    That is literally the argument for me. Its not about performance at all. Its being the only person in the party standing around doing sweet fuck all. It sucks. I get for the people who just want to play healer whack a mole its not big deal but for me its time spent doing nothing. Even spamming malefic is doing something, anything at all. Its not even about contributing to the party but a simple idea of 'until i need to heal again i pretty much dont exist in this encounter right now' most of the time since you are hanging back and either dps'ing or doing nothing.

And thats at endgame. Go do the roullette and get something like Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak and not dps. Boy is that fuuuun city. Every so often you cast one heal. Then you walk forwards! exuberance! mirth! various other terms of outlandish levels of enjoyment for absolute white noise.

I don't understand why so many people are confusing the "pure healing" statement. It has absolutely nothing to do with doing less damage. You can see Astro getting an upgraded Malefic, WHM has a new attack and such. They're basically saying they want to move away from things like one healer being a shield healer and one heal not, and making them all a sort of "pure healer" that have mostly similar toolkits. That's it. Because balancing something like a SCH is very difficult, and by making them function a bit more closely, with giving them something that lets them remain unique ie SCH still having shields of sorts, it allows them to more easily balance the healers and more easily add new ones in the future. If your takeaway is that you're not going to be doing more damage and you'll be spending 100% of your time healing due to them adjusting outgoing damage you're probably wrong.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

That is literally the argument for me. Its not about performance at all. Its being the only person in the party standing around doing sweet fuck all. It sucks. I get for the people who just want to play healer whack a mole its not big deal but for me its time spent doing nothing. Even spamming malefic is doing something, anything at all. Its not even about contributing to the party but a simple idea of 'until i need to heal again i pretty much dont exist in this encounter right now' most of the time since you are hanging back and either dps'ing or doing nothing.

And thats at endgame. Go do the roullette and get something like Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak and not dps. Boy is that fuuuun city. Every so often you cast one heal. Then you walk forwards! exuberance! mirth! various other terms of outlandish levels of enjoyment for absolute white noise.
    Oh believe me, I get and agree with everything you're saying I'm not at all trying to say sitting around doing nothing is OK. I'm just saying it's only marginally more fun than doing nothing.

If they were to rework the DPS kit of healers to make it more fun I'd change my tune, but it seems like they're moving more towards filling up the healer kit with more healing/support type things, which is also great. So long as I am able to fill my time doing productive things, I'm fine with it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if another crossover event will be announced at E3? The Monster Hunter World crossover was announced there last year, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    I wonder if another crossover event will be announced at E3? The Monster Hunter World crossover was announced there last year, after all.
    Don't think there will be, too much going on with the expansion honestly.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, I legitimately hate when I'm tanking something and the Healer uses 1 heal every 10 secs and just stands there idle in between. It's just laziness that makes everything go slower.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, they said they're removing Pet Extra bar, but does that mean we won't have the ability to move our derpy pets manually? Or? I like my positional heal turret is basically what I'm saying.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    So, they said they're removing Pet Extra bar, but does that mean we won't have the ability to move our derpy pets manually? Or? I like my positional heal turret is basically what I'm saying.
    From the looks, all Pet Actions will be just player Actions now with A few buttons that change depending on the current pet out. Seems Pets will just follow close by now as well and since they can't be damaged at all anymore I guess not needing to move them out of danger/mechanics is unneeded mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    From the looks, all Pet Actions will be just player Actions now with A few buttons that change depending on the current pet out. Seems Pets will just follow close by now as well and since they can't be damaged at all anymore I guess not needing to move them out of danger/mechanics is unneeded mostly.
    It's not that, it's that I want to for example in a boss, move and station the fairy at the center (or wherever best) so they are easily capable of reaching others to heal when I am moving around.

I tried palace of the dead first time today and man is it boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    By the looks of it pets wont exist as actual characters anymore and just a continuous spell effect like the WAR and DRK auras. Its the only change i'm really not fond of.