Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Everyone, make sure to petition Blizzard to ban any addon like this.

noone ragging on you because you ninjaloot all the damn time.
    Priceless hehe. Next version for sure will have a blacklist option.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    NO.

The less people use it, the better.

You need to socialize in an MMO-RPG game, fuck those one-click buttons. The state of the retail community is such because of those QoL buttons that removed the need for socializing
    These addons and these various creature features that Blizzard themselves placed in the game did nothing to reduce people from talking and interacting with one another. The people playing the game over time made the interact less and less and the talking even more so. It was the differences that came with these features and tools that made the people playing the game not to want to interact with each other. Also the fact over time there was an elitism among some that literally hated every thing to do with the casual of players. That and that alone cause the biggest problem, not the addons and the various changes Blizzard was forced to make over time, hence why today we now finally have a full separation in place between those that now do Mythic and Mythic plus dungeons and raids so both the elites and the causal of players never ever mix together. This players base over time created its own divisions and problems for itself. The excuse it being blamed on addons and Blizzards attempts to finally come to terms that the casual players do not want to play with the elite tempered players and vice versa. Socializing in this game went in the tank long before Blizzard and addons became a problem.

Stop blaming the entities that were forced into addressing the many shortcomings of this player base over the history of this game. I for one was happy as hell when I could finally queue for a dungeon and later the LFR. I no longer had to take the abuse from people who felt the need to constantly belittle other people. While over time I got better playing the game, it was not due to the people who chose to call me out at every possible place and means that made me become a better player as well as a better person that always strive to help other, not tear them down. If I learned anything from the jerks, it was to treat my fellow player with at least a bit of respect and help them along any possible way I could. This game is supposed to be fun and many play the game for just that reason. Not to be treated like a piece of dirt. Which over my some 12 years of playing this game I have witness just that, a bunch of people that feel the need to belittle others and basically get those people to leave the game or seek to do other things that do not require them to socialize or limit their group interact, because a few chose to treat people that are not as good as they are like dirt all the time.

This right here is the biggest reason over the course of time the socializing by many slow dwindled over the course of time, not as you want to say, addons did or even Blizzard for that matter. Hence why the LFD and LFR were created for the very people that did not take the game extremely serious, but just wanted to experience the game on their terms without being treated like crap. Problem that came with the LFR is the raiders used it as a means to gear up for their own raids, which still ended up mixing the causal of players with the very people that the LFR was designed to help them get away from.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2019-05-24 at 09:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im looking forward to addons like this for Classic, im an adult and dont got time to sit around in SW for 2,5h looking for 4people for UBRS
    however, if ppl DONT wanna use it, then dont use it.
    There will be discords dedicated for LFG for dungeons anyway, want blizz to ban discord servers too?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

So many people still believe ClassicLFR is a real addon, this is hilarious.

if anyone took a couple of minutes to do some very superficial research on this you would immediately realise how fake this is and just made to stirr the hornets nest.
    Last edited by Dergiab; 2019-05-24 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People doesn't seem to know what these "LFD" tools do...
    It just gathers everyone that types "LFG/LFM" in general/world/trade etc to a seperate window. That way it is easier to spot grps and you don't have to focus so much on the damn chat.

With these addons you still have to write to the leader and all that, it is not like this addon will put you in random grps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    Hi everyone.
    Just wanted to point out that there is a great LFD tool made for classic.
    Before you start saying this was not possible back in vanilla, well, you are wrong.
    All the api calls used in this one, were available to be used in 1.12 client as well.

Link : https://github.com/insaneKane/wow-classic-lfg-lfr
    I skimmed over source code, its pretty straight forward. Its basically clever use of chat channels in game. Pretty ingenious.

1.12 version of similar addon, that works similarly to this.
    Link : https://github.com/laytya/vQueue

The more people use this, the better.
    LFD was inevitable, just get on with the times guys before you start trashing it. It was possible to do in vanilla, but we didin't have that kind of ideas and creativity.

Thanks.
    No need to use those such lazy addons. Use discord to merge into one giant community for classic vanilla. Idk who's hosting it but i hope someone point out where i can find the source.

Hi everyone.
    Just wanted to point out that there is a great LFD tool made for classic.
    Before you start saying this was not possible back in vanilla, well, you are wrong.
    All the api calls used in this one, were available to be used in 1.12 client as well.

Link : https://github.com/insaneKane/wow-classic-lfg-lfr
    I skimmed over source code, its pretty straight forward. Its basically clever use of chat channels in game. Pretty ingenious.

1.12 version of similar addon, that works similarly to this.
    Link : https://github.com/laytya/vQueue

The more people use this, the better.
    LFD was inevitable, just get on with the times guys before you start trashing it. It was possible to do in vanilla, but we didin't have that kind of ideas and creativity.

Thanks.
    Nope shouldn't happen. You want classic than you get classic the way it was. Not with LFD/RF addon that ruined the social community of wow since its implementation in WOTLK.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Nope shouldn't happen. You want classic than you get classic the way it was. Not with LFD/RF addon that ruined the social community of wow since its implementation in WOTLK.
    The downfall of socializing or social interact did not come with the LFD or any addon or Blizzard itself. It came from the player base that over time chose to divide its own self. The players, or I should say the more elite players that lack the ability to put their own egos in check made the player base what it is today. These various tools were put in place to help prevent the strife and rift that the player base created for themselves. If you think this rendition of Classic is going to be different, then you and the rest that would think so have to be clearly not have been paying close enough attention over the course of time. Those that came to the game in late BC and into Wrath are going to be the very people that are going to want to experience this Classic version of the game they never got to play. In the end, the same exact things will take place and the same divisions will still also exist.

The game had little to do with what took place among this player base of itself and of its own making. Which in reality, is not different from society itself in today's world and over the course of the history over this game. Society as whole has been literally going in the tank, why not the player base in the game itself. There are plenty of games out there that have literally been turned to crap because of the very people that play the game.

We only have to look no further than this very week when many were given access to stress test Classic. If you have read any or many of the post here and on the official forum. Many of the remarks and comments were so far out of line and as appalling as they could come. That idea that this rendition of Classic is going to be any better than the retail version is simply laughable at best and you would truly understand the state of today's player base of WoW. While there are still some sane people that are able to get along and play this game as a game first and put their own egos aside for the betterment of the game. By contrast, there are also many that are of the attitude that Blizzard owes them something for their loyalises over many years of playing this game that are literally incapable of conducting themselves like a proper human being should.

You are not going to experience Classic in the way that you and many others that played did. For one you are much older and there have simply been to many changes and not good changes to this player base that were a result of this player base. Not Blizzard, tool in the game, certainly no addons that could accomplish what it took the player base itself to come to over the course of time. It has not only been the jackasses that have been allowed to take over this game, the elitism among some have literally turns this player base in the toxic version that it has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjaz View Post
    Oh, the ignorance...

Get lost with this crap, social experience it is.
    /2 "Prot WAR LFG DMW"

Social experience.

Blizzard will probably break this. Also, nice shilling OP.

That won't be possible.
    In order to break this addon they have to break a functionality that has been accepted for over 10years now.
    accepted in modern wow, not classic.
    they already said they will break any addon that automates gameplay, including decursive, any healbots that auto select the correct rank of heal, and automated grouping addons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    More people doin dungeons = more interactions.
    that isn't necessarily social though. look at modern wow if you want proof.

As much as people complain here, I really dislike how if you want to do any advertising, you have to go to a city to talk in trade. Can't they just add a global LFG channel? I don't want to sit in org to spam for my RFD group just to have some guy drop midway. It's fine for high level dungeons, just not low level ones. It's also nice to farm while looking for people...

That won't be possible.
    In order to break this addon they have to break a functionality that has been accepted for over 10years now.
    ban =/= break. They can just ban the users of the addon, they don't have to break it's functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    There was a LFG tool in 1.12

Talk to any innkeeper and you will see how wrong you are.
    feel free to use it.
    just don't complain when you get a group without a tank or healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurdan View Post
    It seems like a lot of people kneejerk react to this and are upset about this because they dislike dungeon finder without really realizing what the real problems with it are.

The main reason dungeon finder is asocial/antisocial in retail WoW is because it's cross-server. Not because it's random matchmaking. Look at the discussions people make about whether or not cross-server battlegrounds are a good idea. People against cross-server battlegrounds talk about how when it's limited to your own server you run into the same people and make friends and enemies that way, while once cross-server battlegrounds came along that died out. I don't think this addon would be able to get you into cross-server groups, meaning you will be randomly matched up with people from your own server. You own server that has a much smaller population than your retail WoW battlegroup. Meaning all the people you get grouped up aren't going to be completely random strangers, it's going to be people from your own server, people you've met before or will meet again, either in raids, or when doing outdoor content, or when doing battlegrounds, or when using an addon like this one again. Your behavior in groups formed by this addon will have an effect on your server reputation.

If an addon like this worked, it would not be able to teleport you to dungeon entrance since addons can't do that, so that's another aspect of retail WoW dungeon finder gone. I imagine an addon like this would just group you up and you'd all have to make your way to the dungeon, giving you plenty of time to chat and introduce yourself to your fellow group members. What this also means is that you can't just kick people out of your group for arbitrary reasons and have them instantly replaced by another person like you can in retail WoW, since even if you do queue up and get a replacement player, that player will still have to make their way to the dungeon on their own, they won't be able to instantly teleport in.

And finally, there is another major reason as to why dungeon finder groups are so less chatty than vanilla WoW groups were that rarely gets brought up in discussions about dungeon finder - downtime. Vanilla WoW dungeon groups had a lot of downtime, sitting down to drink to regain mana, marking mobs, doing corpseruns, that sort of thing. So what did people do while waiting? Chatted with each other. Dungeon Finder came out in WotLK when dungeons/heroics became a thing you AoE down without a single break, and that carried on with a few short interruptions (e.g. doing heroics on the first week of Cata release) to this very day. If you're constantly in combat, pulling another pack, etc. you simply don't have time to chat with your party members, whether they be randoms you just met from dungeon finder, or people you've been playing together with for ages already. A dungeon finder addon can't physically make runs go faster or slower, it can't reduce or increase your downtime, so it won't have an effect here at all.

And also, do remember that, as I said before, the pool of players will be limited to your server only, not the whole battlegroup like it is in retail WoW. Meaning finding groups purely through an addon like this could take quite a long time, possibly much longer than it would take you to manually form your own groups. So you would still be encouraged to add competent/nice people you grouped up before on your friend list and try to form groups with them in the future when you want to do dungeon runs before resorting for an addon like this one.

All that being said, I doubt I would bother to even try out this addon, even if it was a real thing and worked perfectly I imagine vast majority of Classic playerbase would avoid it simply because they hate the retail WoW version of it.
    10 posts and making logical posts?

Wrap it up guys, the rapture is here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    that isn't necessarily social though. look at modern wow if you want proof.
    High chances are that the most people will talk to you in classic inside dungeons gonna be, "sheep blue" and "oom".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    High chances are that the most people will talk to you in classic inside dungeons gonna be, "sheep blue" and "oom".
    1) which will inevitably lead to more interaction while people are drinking and eating
    2) still far more interaction then you get in modern wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    lmao high horse? You're literally ruining what made Classic great, the interaction with comunity. With instant LFG we're back into retail again, with people just sitting in SW waiting for a group to form. You're sad if you think this is what the comunity wants. I'll be sure to continue trying to prevent this type of addons from being in the game
    You do realize that addons like these were in vanilla already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    So many people still believe ClassicLFR is a real addon, this is hilarious.

if anyone took a couple of minutes to do some very superficial research on this you would immediately realise how fake this is and just made to stirr the hornets nest.
    Can you please elaborate?
    How is it fake?