View Poll Results: What are you willing to do to reduce climate change?

Voters
63. This poll is closed
  • Forego Fossil Fuels

5 7.94%
  • Infrastructure Upgrade

6 9.52%
  • Move Closer to Work

3 4.76%
  • Consume Less

8 12.70%
  • Be More Efficient

15 23.81%
  • Go Vegetarian

4 6.35%
  • Stop Cutting Down Trees

4 6.35%
  • Unplug devices

1 1.59%
  • Limit to One Child

9 14.29%
  • Switch to Alternative Fuels

8 12.70%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Absolutely none of these will impact climate change in any meaningful way. I suggest the OP has an "eat the rich" option next time.

Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Literally nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Doing these things already...

- don’t run my A/C as often and have it at a higher temp
    - turn lights and devices off when I’m not in the room
    - recycle
    - bought a hybrid car

I found this to be a rather interesting development direction for A/C's

https://www.cnet.com/news/scientists...ave-the-world/

How realistic this is to make on a large scale no clue but the concept seems to be great.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering my country has a very low carbon footprint, i won't even bother.

Create a nuclear war that plunges humanity back into the iron age, while installing a religion of anti progress to ensure that we stagnate at that level until the planet runs out of resources and we go extinct.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Considering my country has a very low carbon footprint, i won't even bother.
    Oh yeah i forgot you guys elected a populist moron, President goldenshower who waved his magic fairy wand around and suddenly made illegal deforestation no longer an issue!

Nothing, this world doesn’t give shit about me.

Not my fault sry. This world is going to shit and im not a greedy corporation CEO so nothing i can do about it. Eating veggies or turn the light off thinking you're actyally changing something is idiotic.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Oh yeah i forgot you guys elected a populist moron, President goldenshower who waved his magic fairy wand around and suddenly made illegal deforestation no longer an issue!
    I really laugh at mainstream propaganda, fearmongerong is all they can do.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd work for a project that invents a method for efficiently extracting GHGs from the atmosphere. People who engage in problem avoidance instead of problem solving are in a rowboat trying to row upstream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    I really laugh at mainstream propaganda, fearmongerong is all they can do.
    Mainstream propaganda is believing everything to be true from president goldenshower. Ignoring the mass corruption and the scandals of the times of big agriculture companies and politicians and ignoring the warnings from scientists that have been around since what the 80s? As your government actually implemented measures.

But i guess you also cheer on the murders on indigenous people, since i guess all those are just lying cockroaches anyway eh?

Nobody can do anything individually that actually does anything but make you feel better about yourself. Global changes need to be enforced onto the corporations that are doing far and away the most damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to pray to Earth-Chan.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Nobody can do anything individually that actually does anything but make you feel better about yourself. Global changes need to be enforced onto the corporations that are doing far and away the most damage.
    Those corporations only do what they do insofar as individuals pay them money to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Mainstream propaganda is believing everything to be true from president goldenshower. Ignoring the mass corruption and the scandals of the times of big agriculture companies and politicians and ignoring the warnings from scientists that have been around since what the 80s? As your government actually implemented measures.
    You should do a little research into the history of this type of climate science, as while I was living back in these times my guess is you were not. One person you can look at is Ehrlich, who is still touted even on CNN as an authority for climate change and what will happen because of it (think he was on a week or two ago). He's pretty similar to a rash of climate experts, who make the same predictions several decades out that always turn out to be wrong. Despite his then-future predictions never reaching fruition, they're still used and recycled, with the standard response of "well, it didn't happen this time... but in a few more decades, it will!"

That's just one player out of hundreds that are still taken seriously despite their predictions always being proven wrong over time, and that's kind of the point. It is fearmongering at it's finest, especially when you indoctrinate kids into thinking their world is going to end and they're going to burn alive before they've finished school. Even AOC got caught with her pants down with the "12 years" comment that the authors of the report said was completely untrue, claiming she was just being sarcastic instead of stating it as fact... yeah, one can watch all the times she said it, I doubt anyone buys that. However, the false prophets still get raised on a pedestal and praised for their work and insight, and anyone (scientists included) who points out their fallacies and inaccuracies are burned as heretics. It's not far off that "climate science" has turned into a pseudo-religion. However, it's Politics 101, as well: create a crisis or drive up fearmongering to pass legislation that you don't want anyone to spend time looking at or debating (or it likely wouldn't pass since they generally don't even address said crisis in any meaningful way).

The broader point is this: science has been wrong in human history. A lot. As a recent example, the age of the universe was considered settled science, until just recently they've discovered they might have been off by a billion years and the rate of expansion is different than previously thought. Food science is all over the place, where things that were good for you yesterday are bad today, and vice versa. Scientists are flawed people, just like you and me, so they can make mistakes and be swayed by politics/money/power/etc. You can find tons of news stories that don't make the front page about even climate scientists doctoring results/data or finding their premises proven wrong. Many remedies meant to "fix" certain problems are even no more than placebos for people, as well. So what can we do as individuals knowing all this? Take everything with a grain of salt, look at both sides of thing honestly, and just live your life the best way you think you should. If you personally want to be as green as possible with the knowledge you have, go for it! If people saw how I live, you'd think I was Climate Activist #1 in my area with how green my activities tend to be... but don't kid yourself, I do it because I choose to, not because I believe it'll change anything or have any major impact or that the world will end/burn if I don't do anything.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

All of the above.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    You should do a little research into the history of this type of climate science, as while I was living back in these times my guess is you were not. One person you can look at is Ehrlich, who is still touted even on CNN as an authority for climate change and what will happen because of it (think he was on a week or two ago). He's pretty similar to a rash of climate experts, who make the same predictions several decades out that always turn out to be wrong. Despite his then-future predictions never reaching fruition, they're still used and recycled, with the standard response of "well, it didn't happen this time... but in a few more decades, it will!"

That's just one player out of hundreds that are still taken seriously despite their predictions always being proven wrong over time, and that's kind of the point. It is fearmongering at it's finest, especially when you indoctrinate kids into thinking their world is going to end and they're going to burn alive before they've finished school. Even AOC got caught with her pants down with the "12 years" comment that the authors of the report said was completely untrue, claiming she was just being sarcastic instead of stating it as fact... yeah, one can watch all the times she said it, I doubt anyone buys that. However, the false prophets still get raised on a pedestal and praised for their work and insight, and anyone (scientists included) who points out their fallacies and inaccuracies are burned as heretics. It's not far off that "climate science" has turned into a pseudo-religion. However, it's Politics 101, as well: create a crisis or drive up fearmongering to pass legislation that you don't want anyone to spend time looking at or debating (or it likely wouldn't pass since they generally don't even address said crisis in any meaningful way).

The broader point is this: science has been wrong in human history. A lot. As a recent example, the age of the universe was considered settled science, until just recently they've discovered they might have been off by a billion years and the rate of expansion is different than previously thought. Food science is all over the place, where things that were good for you yesterday are bad today, and vice versa. Scientists are flawed people, just like you and me, so they can make mistakes and be swayed by politics/money/power/etc. You can find tons of news stories that don't make the front page about even climate scientists doctoring results/data or finding their premises proven wrong. Many remedies meant to "fix" certain problems are even no more than placebos for people, as well. So what can we do as individuals knowing all this? Take everything with a grain of salt, look at both sides of thing honestly, and just live your life the best way you think you should. If you personally want to be as green as possible with the knowledge you have, go for it! If people saw how I live, you'd think I was Climate Activist #1 in my area with how green my activities tend to be... but don't kid yourself, I do it because I choose to, not because I believe it'll change anything or have any major impact or that the world will end/burn if I don't do anything.

I have to say i do like this speed reading technique just scan for a few quick words and be spared several minutes of your time not fully reading crackpot theories.

Fearmonger, AOC and Psuedo-religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    What are you willing to do to reduce climate change?

Here's a list of ten things that will reduce climate change, pick the ones that you are willing, or you'd have your country, do to reduce climate change.

More explanation at this link https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ge/?redirect=1

(damn, forgot to check 'pick all that apply')
    Already breaking my back trying to find a cheap electrical or hybrid car but due to fears of fuel companies, taxes are high on them.

I'd love full solar on my own house too, as well as geo thermic well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Nothing. I NEED a supercharged V8 vehicle, or at least I need at least 250hp per ton at a minimum.

I NEED air conditioning.

I NEED meat.

I would recycle but the town I live in makes it difficult so fuck it. Into the trash it goes.

I mean tbh I dont need any of those things but I do need them to be happy, otherwise I'd join the depressed club on this forum... only I'd be able to say why I was.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Those corporations only do what they do insofar as individuals pay them money to do it.
    Putting aside monopolistic practices that are becoming more common than not, which completely nullifies this argument outright..

Part of "what they do" is specifically manipulating the populace to buy more and more of their product to maintain exponential growth and insane profit margins. It's unrealistic to expect the public to self-regulate (to any degree that makes a real difference, anyway) against these monoliths.