Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Is it time for blizzard to wrap-up wow?

The game has outlived any expectations.

My personal feeling is that the game as we know it - world of warcraft - should be coming to its end and have a final expansion where they wrap up the story.

Tbh the storytelling hasn't been good since the whole thing with timetravel started and since they were left out of ideas, it feels like its dragging for no particular reason.

That and the fact that we get an expansion every 2 years, which apparently has a new story to tell, has the gameplay for each class massively changed and it adds features e.g warfronts, m+ etc, that feel like blizzard is just throwing eggs on a wall to see which one sticks.

I feel its time for wow to end as we know it and have 1 final good expansion.

Then it would be awesome for blizzard to continued doing the legacy realm stuff e.g tbc, wotlk and while supporting itself on past content take a few years to bring world of warcraft 2 on the table.

Wow needs a wow 2, it needs a fresh start, new gameplay, new story to tell, and new goals ingame.

Even marvel decided to wrap up marvel universe v1.

I am sick and tired of expansion after expansion just for the cashgrab. Each expansion after mop pretty much felt just like it could have been a new patch and not a whole expansion.

If they wrap up wow they should just make a new MMO instead of "WoW 2". It always makes me laugh when people think a second wow would save the day. If blizzard is struggling to write a good story now then why would they be able to with a second version of WoW?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is literally no reason. To end wow they can have a new story and new goals by continuing like they did in mop.

Marvel also didn’t wrap any thing up the universe is still going they have just lost and added some character exactly like wow.

There’s also no way you could have fit something the scale of legion into a patch. Or even any thing the scale of bfa no patch has ever been close to big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post

My personal feeling is that the game as we know it - world of warcraft - should be coming to its end and have a final expansion where they wrap up the story.

Tbh the storytelling hasn't been good since the whole thing with timetravel started and since they were left out of ideas, it feels like its dragging for no particular reason.

That and the fact that we get an expansion every 2 years, which apparently has a new story to tell, has the gameplay for each class massively changed and it adds features e.g warfronts, m+ etc, that feel like blizzard is just throwing eggs on a wall to see which one sticks.

Then it would be awesome for blizzard to continued doing the legacy realm stuff e.g tbc, wotlk and while supporting itself on past content take a few years to bring world of warcraft 2 on the table.

Wow needs a wow 2, it needs a fresh start, new gameplay, new story to tell, and new goals ingame.

I am sick and tired of expansion after expansion just for the cashgrab. Each expansion after mop pretty much felt just like it could have been a new patch and not a whole expansion.

its simple. dont play anymore. pretend it doesnt exist. its pretty simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look up everquest and everquest 2. There is no guarantee that players will move to the new game. There is a lot of power in established characters and memories that people like you often overlook with things like this. There really is no new game play that can't happen with an expansion. A new story can happen with an expansion. Vanilla was just a "first expansion" in the grand scheme of things. There are no new goals that can happen that wouldn't be the same as WoW.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The story of WoW and warcraft has **never** been good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sick and tired of expansion after expansion just for the cashgrab.
    You personally can end WoW any time you wish. It sounds as if you should.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Or you can just quit.

Stop buying Blizzard products. Way more effective method then trying to convince others the game is dead on a web forum.

I think if they could wrap it up for a new IP to replace it, it could be really fun.

Like have an actual ending like any RPG. I imagine a send off cenimatic showing all of the characters weve known for all these years living their lives to the tune of the original WoW soundtrack.

Gives me warm fuzzies, really.

P.S. - I am not sick of the game and still have a hell of a lot of fun.

What would 'WoW2' be anyway? Or, more specifically, what would it be that the next expansion couldn't bring?

10+ Year Old Account

Or, you can just delete it from your hard drive and move on with your life.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    What would 'WoW2' be anyway? Or, more specifically, what would it be that the next expansion couldn't bring?
    Personally, I've advocated for a large time skip (1-200 years), a massive realignment or removal of the factions, racial hybrids, and class and profession reorientation.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

WoW will only end once the cash grab stops working for the masses. I am pretty sure the game can be profitable if they just sale 10 million boxes every expansion and get a month or two worth of subs from those people. Not to mention if a million or two, or three stay subbed the whole length of the expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was time to rap up the story of wow after the Lich King was killed. As for the game it self, seeing how bad it has become i would say yes its time but whatever. I don't play it anymore so i don't really care what they do with it.

What we need are WoW games that focus purely on storyline rather than this dumb faction war. Make some console rpg adventure games in the world of warcraft style with storyline and party grouping like with diablo, but more expansive like WoW.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    I assume when people talk about wanting WoW 2, what they really want is the game to feel new again. Basically a reboot so massive that changes almost everything about the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they didn't, what they have done is more akin to the end of an expansion pack than the end of a whole game.

That being said, I would like to see a WoW2, so we can get a new, modern engine, with modern systems and mechanics... And a clean slate for them to design off of so they can stop holding onto old worthless shit that they felt like they put too much effort into to abandon, like the gods damned mission table.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pronto787 View Post
    If they wrap up wow they should just make a new MMO instead of "WoW 2". It always makes me laugh when people think a second wow would save the day. If blizzard is struggling to write a good story now then why would they be able to with a second version of WoW?
    Because it would give them a clean slate, duh.

WoW 2 would be massively popular, because of the name alone.

No.

If you are bored, get on with your life.

You don't get to deny other people of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    Personally, I've advocated for a large time skip (1-200 years), a massive realignment or removal of the factions, racial hybrids, and class and profession reorientation.
    Yeah I could get behind something with more (optional) inter-class hybridisation to keep things interesting. I miss the days when my shaman was an effective off-healer.