Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It was half way underwater during the Horde Quest.

Seeing the place a ship sinks doesn't mean you know where it ends up on the ocean floor, rarely does anything sinking go straight down, it will roll, possibly break apart, smash into the seabed and sink into the silt, etc.

There still hasn't been given a good reason why the Horde, why the Forsaken would spend so much effort to drag a ship that most likely wont even be in one piece from the ocean floor, and judging by the new boats, I think like most things the Forsaken no longer drag up sunken boats, like their new buildings they make them from scratch.

as I said above, seeing a boat sink =/= knowing where it settled on the ocean floor.

Hell this doesn't even go into how most of the bodies on the ship probably got sucked out as the ship sank, and could be hundreds of yards from the wreck.

Because being a slave to the lich king equals literally no free will? I don't think I have to explain why free willed undead would rather side with other free willed undead over giving up their own minds once more.

And that's the beauty of opinions, I don't rather care if San'layn get added or not, but you're trying very hard to make them sound less likely then they are.
    Those would be logical problems. However as shown with Derek, blizzard doesn't care about that kind of stuff. But sure, assume they don't care about the ships or that they are "impossible" to find(lmao), Slyvanus should still be interested in Dreven's corpse. She is hinted at having the power to raise elves, why wouldn't she try to find him and revive him? Because the San'layn are failures and she doesn't care about them anymore?

Why do you assume most San'layn would care about free willed undead? The San'layn seemed fine serving the previous Lich King.

They are very unlikely simply due to the fact they are elves which there is already plently of. A belf blood DK is already a San'layn anyway.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Those would be logical problems. However as shown with Derek, blizzard doesn't care about that kind of stuff. But sure, assume they don't care about the ships or that they are "impossible" to find(lmao), Slyvanus should still be interested in Dreven's corpse. She is hinted at being to raise elves, why wouldn't she try to find him and revive him? Because the San'layn are failures.
    Or Sylvanas finds the logistics of looking for one Vampire body on the bottom of the sea isn't worth the distractions, time and effort to resurrect when she's dealing with whatever secret project she's been on all expansion. I fail to see how Sylvanas would turn down more San'layn however, one minor blood prince was a moderate adversary, if she say is approached by https://wow.gamepedia.com/Prince_Theraldis and https://wow.gamepedia.com/Prince_Atherann and whatever followers/ vampires with them she isn't going to turn them down.

Why do you assume most San'layn would care about free willed undead? The San'layn seemed fine serving the previous Lich King.
    Why are you assuming undead previously under control of the lich king would rather be re-mentally enslaved by said lich king rather than say, keep their minds their own and join other independent undead?

They are very unlikely simply due to the fact they are elves which there is already plently of. A belf blood DK is already a San'layn anyway.
    Not really, a San'layn is a specific creation, a plan of Arthas. As for "too much elves" blizzard has never been one for paying attention to complaints, and if they do they acknowledge it and do it anyways.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2019-05-25 at 07:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Or Sylvanas finds the logistics of looking for one Vampire body on the bottom of the sea isn't worth the distractions, time and effort to resurrect when she's dealing with whatever secret project she's been on all expansion. I fail to see how Sylvanas would turn down more San'layn however, one minor blood prince was a moderate adversary, if she say is approached by https://wow.gamepedia.com/Prince_Theraldis and https://wow.gamepedia.com/Prince_Atherann and whatever followers/ vampires with them she isn't going to turn them down.

Why are you assuming undead previously under control of the lich king would rather be re-mentally enslaved by said lich king rather than say, keep their minds their own and join other independent undead?

Not really, a San'layn is a specific creation, a plan of Arthas. As for "too much elves" blizzard has never been one for paying attention to complaints, and if they do they acknowledge it and do it anyways.
    Pretty sure Slyvanus won't be warchief long enough for another Blood Prince to try and join. It's been years since Wotlk and the San'layn don't seem to give a damn about the Forsaken since they haven't even interacted until BfA. And even then they joined at the wrong time and got wiped oit because the joined during a massive war.

They might not want to be enslaved, but they might not care if it means they get tons of blood to drink. If they really cared about joining free willed undead we would of heard about them trying to join sooner.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Pretty sure Slyvanus won't be warchief long enough for another Blood Prince to try and join. It's been years since Wotlk and the San'layn don't seem to give a damn about the Forsaken since they haven't even interacted until BfA. And even then they joined at the wrong time and got wiped oit because the joined during a massive war.

They might not want to be enslaved, but they might not care if it means they get tons of blood to drink. If they really cared about joining free willed undead we would of heard about them trying to join sooner.
    I guess we'll see then, no more than ever is the time for them to join if they want a steady supply of blood, also in the past Sylvanas wasn't warchief, we have no idea how long it took for Dreven to talk into joining the Horde, and we have no idea if the other Blood princes/ princesses are in contact/ planing to join/ already are in that process of joining.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Who's the pandaren allies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightforged Undead is monumentally retarded.
    Can't really think of anything else however, which is.. disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Not by any *practical* measure
    Practical being?

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Practical being?
    Ease of making a model with animations for being playable

Having an existing female skeleton

Easier ties to the "death" narrative and Forsaken
    Twas brillig

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    People have mentioned that Sethrak are the Worgen equivalent.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Sethrak, repeat after me: S E T H R A K. Other beastly race to fit it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance: Junk Gnomes (Gnome AR), Sethrak (Worgen AR)
    Horde: Vulpera (Goblin AR), Fresh Undead, think Nathanos (Forsaken AR)
    All 4 available in either 8.3.5 or 9.0, similar to the first 4 ARs.

Would like to see Ogres or Mok’nathal as a Horde race and Naga or Drakonid as an Alliance race at some point as well.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Ease of making a model with animations for being playable

Having an existing female skeleton

Easier ties to the "death" narrative and Forsaken
    Technically they shouldn't be an AR anyway as they're already part of the Horde, they'd just be a full on race. Your points are valid for AR practicality though. Id like to see the "less decayed" Nathanos look as an AR. Then give Alliance something based off of the skinny undead model.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    People have mentioned that Sethrak are the Worgen equivalent.
    Doubtful, while they're POPULAR the Sethrak's hood and position on Zandalar make them much harder to work compared to other options. Ankoan / Jinyu are more likely imo.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    I'm okay with San'layn if that means no lightforged undead.
    First good argument for San'layn.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Who's the pandaren allies?
    Tortollan?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I think it will be as simple as this :

- Vulpera for Horde, Junker-gnome for Alliance
    - Sethrak for horde (Worgen female variant) and Lightforged forsaken for Alliance (Forsaken model variant)

I wouldn’t mind LF undead if that means alliance gets the forsaken model. However it has to make sense and can’t be an asspull like Void elves. Give them a story and give it time to build up, what we’ve seen isn’t good enough.

Then again though I’m just hungry for a Paladin race on alliance that’s more beastly and less “human”. Ankoan, Sethrak, LF undead would be fine in that regard as long as they get a decent enough story. I really really don’t want mechagnomes especially if horde gets Vulpera. Mechagnomes aren’t really unique, they’re regular gnomes with body disfigurements that won’t even be visible with armor on. I’d even take titanforged gnomes like mimiron over mechagnomes honestly.

Tired of the “allied races” that are just regular races with a little more customization, it’s disappointing. They’re unpopular for a reason. They specifically said allied races aren’t sub races but a lot of them feel that way. Also, for the love of god please no more humans on alliance. Fat humans are unpopular for a reason, gnomes and dwarves are unpopular for a reason. There’s hardly anything distinguishable between a majority of the alliance races outside of their height. Something new like Ankoan or Sethrak would be nice.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-05-27 at 08:11 PM.

My guess is that if we ever see "fresh undead" Humans as a playable option, it will only be on the Lightforged Undead for the Alliance. They've swapped races between the factions before, but I don't think they'll ever swap Humans and Orcs. I also don't think we'll see San'layn without an Elf race to add to the Alliance at the same time, they're too popular to give to only one side. Especially in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Mechagnomes aren’t really unique, they’re regular gnomes with body disfigurements that won’t even be visible with armor on.
    Actually from what we've seen, their arms and legs will remain pretty visible, even with gloves and boots attached. A bit like the Forsaken bones but more prominent.

Tired of the “allied races” that are just regular races with a little more customization, it’s disappointing. They’re unpopular for a reason. They specifically said allied races aren’t sub races but a lot of them feel that way. Also, for the love of god please no more humans on alliance. Fat humans are unpopular for a reason, gnomes and dwarves are unpopular for a reason. There’s hardly anything distinguishable between a majority of the alliance races outside of their height. Something new like Ankoan or Sethrak would be nice.
    Because the Horde Allied races are so distinguishable? I agree that we need some NEW, proper allied races but unless they're expansion specific (Kul'tiran and Zandalari), I think we're stuck with "offshoot races that use models we already have".
    I mean, look what we were given outside the two expansion specific races;

Horde -
    Orcs with a tan (complete with holiday tats)
    Moose K̶n̶u̶c̶k̶l̶e̶ Tauren
    Night Elves but, you know, not

Alliance -
    Coalbunker Dwarves
    Light up Spacegoats
    Clearly not the High Elves we asked for.

Followed by;

Cyborg Midgets
    Furrycon Goblins

And we're really looking at;

Nightlight Corpses
    More furries or possibly scalies
    Last edited by Maldracai; 2019-05-28 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldracai View Post
    Actually from what we've seen, their arms and legs will remain pretty visible, even with gloves and boots attached. A bit like the Forsaken bones but more prominent.

Because the Horde Allied races are so distinguishable? I agree that we need some NEW, proper allied races but unless they're expansion specific (Kul'tiran and Zandalari), I think we're stuck with "offshoot races that use models we already have".
    I mean, look what we were given outside the two expansion specific races;

Horde -
    Orcs with a tan (complete with holiday tats)
    Moose K̶n̶u̶c̶k̶l̶e̶ Tauren
    Night Elves but, you know, not

Alliance -
    Coalbunker Dwarves
    Light up Spacegoats
    Clearly not the High Elves we asked for.

Followed by;

Cyborg Midgets
    Furrycon Goblins

And we're really looking at;

Nightlight Corpses
    More furries or possibly scalies
    I didn’t say the horde allied races were distinguishable, I was just using alliance ARs as an example. Any of the ARs that are basically sub races are kind of disappointing considering that’s not what blizzard said they’re suppose to be.

However, void elves, nightborne and Zandalari aren’t a part of that. Void elves brought a completely new model over to alliance that alliance players didn’t have access to previously. Same goes for nightborn and Zandalari. These 3 are the most popular ARs so there’s clearly a trend that shows people will be interested in models that their faction hasn’t had access to previously even if they’re a reskin race. LFD, highmountain, maghar and dark iron are the least played because they’re the exact same races we already have (Ie alliance already had dwarves and Draenei, horde already had Tauren and orcs) just with a bit more customization.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-05-28 at 04:51 AM.