Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

13 Shows ending in 2019/2020

Maybe I just don't know how to interpret hollywood style dating, but I think this list is missing a big 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    Maybe I just don't know how to interpret hollywood style dating, but I think this list is missing a big 1.
    It starts with the Fall season - summer is a break for new TV series usually, unless they're reality TV nonsense. Scripted stuff generally premieres in the fall or mid-season after Christmas.

Only one I will miss on that list is supernatural.

I hope someone comes up with a decent campy monster-mystery show. The last somewhat decent attempt in the genre-space was Grimm.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have Arrow & Vikings on my list to watch because they come highly recommended. Sad that they're being canceled. I enjoyed Modern Family in syndication so I'm sad to hear about that one too. Thrilled to hear about Empire. I always hated that show. The one that gets me the most though is Futureman. I really enjoy that show for all the camp and humor it has in it.

5+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck, Supernatural is still running!? I stopped after season 6 because at that point it had grown stale. Maybe I should give it another try.

I love Vikings, but it is time for it to end. Although, I thought they were basically just spinning it off into a less broad story involving some of the current cast in a new show?

Strange, half of this list are shows I've never heard of.

It could be due to not really watching TV anymore, though I suspect it's a more a combination of stuff being spread around various streaming platforms, and stuff just not leaving the USA.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I have Arrow & Vikings on my list to watch because they come highly recommended. Sad that they're being canceled. I enjoyed Modern Family in syndication so I'm sad to hear about that one too. Thrilled to hear about Empire. I always hated that show. The one that gets me the most though is Futureman. I really enjoy that show for all the camp and humor it has in it.
    Don't be too sad about Arrow being cancelled. 8 seasons is a lot of show and to be honest it's very repetitive. It's ending at a good time to end it.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    What the fuck, Supernatural is still running!? I stopped after season 6 because at that point it had grown stale. Maybe I should give it another try.
    That's about the time they realized they ran out of material and just started making fun of the show itself and its fanbase.

I believe Elementary is also in its final season now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    That's about the time they realized they ran out of material and just started making fun of the show itself and its fanbase.
    Wouldn't even say it was that malicious. The show knew it had an incredibly loyal fanbase (which is 100% based on the actors and not the show itself), so they just winged the story past S5. Honestly surprised they're ending it because honestly it can become The Simpsons tier if it really wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Wouldn't even say it was that malicious. The show knew it had an incredibly loyal fanbase (which is 100% based on the actors and not the show itself), so they just winged the story past S5. Honestly surprised they're ending it because honestly it can become The Simpsons tier if it really wanted to.
    You knew it was a meme show when they were looking for god and then they found out that the writer of Supernatural is literally god.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Some of the great creators go into a show knowing that it has to end at some point due to the story being done and the creators achieving what they wanted to do. Too often a show is popular and is bled dry until it's a husk of its former self. It's embracing "quit while you're ahead" instead of dragging things out. I'm sure everyone's seen a series where at a certain season you realize that it should've just ended instead of adding another season.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Only one I've watched regularly is Arrow and I must say, it's about time.

Modern Family I will watch very rarely if there is absolutely nothing on, I've seen maybe 2 or 3 whole episodes half paying attention and as much as I like Ed O'neil, the show is just not funny to me.

I've only ever heard of 4 of those shows and seen none of them. : |
    Last edited by Varanus; 2019-05-26 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Don't be too sad about Arrow being cancelled. 8 seasons is a lot of show and to be honest it's very repetitive. It's ending at a good time to end it.
    Really hated the series because all the time those damn backflash they are showing

Only shows I recognize are Empire (mainly because of the scandal involving Jussie Smollett; never watched the show itself), Modern Family, Criminal Minds, Supernatural, Arrow, and Vikings. Wasn't even aware Criminal Minds is still going.

Modern Family ending is way overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Some of the great creators go into a show knowing that it has to end at some point due to the story being done and the creators achieving what they wanted to do. Too often a show is popular and is bled dry until it's a husk of its former self. It's embracing "quit while you're ahead" instead of dragging things out. I'm sure everyone's seen a series where at a certain season you realize that it should've just ended instead of adding another season.
    Well yeah. I only made the point that they've been bleeding the show dry for 9 seasons already so I'm surprised they'd even care about this kind of thing.

So glad Blindspot is ending, Ashley Johnson needs to be full time on CR.