Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can we make the people trying to die on a hill defending epic games watch this LegacyKilla video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb4wbq0zN0U
    (main topic is GOG2.0 but good summary of many of the issues with epic throughout)
    Last edited by Razamith; 2019-05-26 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Can we make the people trying to die on a hill defending epic games watch this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb4wbq0zN0U
    (main topic is GOG2.0 but good summary of many of the issues with epic throughout)
    Don't care for some click bait video..

Yes EGS has issues, So does Steam and they had a monopoly on the PC market for the longest time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

lol legacykilla is clickbait now. Just absolutely not interested in any reasonable discussion eh? Not really surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    lol legacykilla is clickbait now. Just absolutely not interested in any reasonable discussion eh? Not really surprised.
    Amazing Youtube name....

Like really what more do you want me to say, Did you have trouble even reading what I said. As I have said before BOTH stores are shit and have things they need to fix. People acting like EGS is some kinda of evil monster out to get you are just being ether childish or a fanboy of Valve.

Repeat after me cause I'm tired of repeating myself.... BOTH STORES ARE SHIT.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-05-26 at 03:32 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Amazing Youtube name....

Like really what more do you want more to say, Did you have trouble even reading what I said. As I have said before BOTH stores are shit and have things they need to fix. People acting like EGS is some kinda of evil monster out to get you are just being ether childish or a fanboy of Valve.

Repeat after me cause I'm tired of repeating myself.... BOTH STORES ARE SHIT.
    I can't repeat after you cause I don't find both to be shit, only EGS. I am absolutely happy with Steam. I don't want to use EGS simply cause of the lack of features that I have come to want from a launcher. Steam provides what I want. With any luck, Galaxy 2.0 will help bridge the gap between the two platforms for me by providing what I want. A single place to keep all my games while also providing features I want (things like cloud saves, achievements, friend chat, etc). If Galaxy 2.0 works like they say it will, I'll have no problem buying games with EGS. It's just right now, EGS isn't doing anything for me to want to leave Steam.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the Publisher who made that statement.

Your VGchart's link doesn't mean shit and those links are about Console Sales and my link was about PC.
    And once again, you failed to ignore the fact that the publisher provided ZERO factual numbers as far as sales VOLUME. How many copies of the game have they moved, both the original releases of Metro 2033 and Last light as well as the remastered versions? But they fail to state those numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I can't repeat after you cause I don't find both to be shit, only EGS. I am absolutely happy with Steam. I don't want to use EGS simply cause of the lack of features that I have come to want from a launcher. Steam provides what I want. With any luck, Galaxy 2.0 will help bridge the gap between the two platforms for me by providing what I want. A single place to keep all my games while also providing features I want (things like cloud saves, achievements, friend chat, etc). If Galaxy 2.0 works like they say it will, I'll have no problem buying games with EGS. It's just right now, EGS isn't doing anything for me to want to leave Steam.
    galaxy 2.0 looks really hot. That's how you attract people to your platform, look at this shit, EGS, and be ashamed of yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I can't repeat after you cause I don't find both to be shit, only EGS.
    Your factually wrong but cool, Your welcome to that opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And once again, you failed to ignore the fact that the publisher provided ZERO factual numbers as far as sales VOLUME. How many copies of the game have they moved, both the original releases of Metro 2033 and Last light as well as the remastered versions? But they fail to state those numbers.
    They provided you a number, 2.5x the amount last light did.

It doesn't matter what you got to say to it, They said it sold better and their word trumps yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Also, by law they can't lie about it, can they? Thus when the numbers are bad, companies go silent about it? Which was actually the original point that was being made with this shit actually.
    Nope they can't, Its very illegal to lie about sales numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    galaxy 2.0 looks really hot. That's how you attract people to your platform, look at this shit, EGS, and be ashamed of yourself.
    The GOG 2.0 client isn't the same thing though. Discord is its competition if anything. Its more of a social and game hub than a store. GOGs store will remain the niche that it is (not that its a bad think. I love GOGs store). GOG 2.0 takes nothing from EGS or Steam stores/hosting. It separates the game from all the junk that comes with some stores ie Steam and keeps a gamers games all in one place regardless of storefront (so your EGS, Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc games, contacts, achieves, saves? all in one place).

The reason why GOG's store will always be niche is the type of games it hosts and its stance on no DRM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would not trust EGS with a bar of soap, not after the shenanigans of their recent sale, what with publishers/developers pulling their as yet unreleased games because they were included in the sale when they should not of been..

Then there is the matter of peoples personal data being sent to the wrong people and so on an so forth, and one final thing people getting their accounts locked because they wanted to buy multiple games..

And all of that because the one feature that should always be in included when an online store is launched, is a shopping cart of which EGS have yet to add, so yeah I don't trust EGS at all..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Then there is the matter of peoples personal data being sent to the wrong people and so on an so forth
    You mean the conspiracy theory that the internet passed around because they are too dumb to read a TOS and see that Steam/Valve does the exact same thing and it doesn't work the way the small loud minority thought it did.

Personal data isn't being sent to anyone and the CEO of Epic has already said as such.

Before you say "well hes lying" that's very illegal to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the conspiracy theory that the internet passed around because they are too dumb to read a TOS and see that Steam/Valve does the exact same thing and it doesn't work the way the small loud minority thought it did.

Personal data isn't being sent to anyone and the CEO of Epic has already said as such.

I think grexly is referring to the GDPR-incident that happened not so long ago and not the usual "hurr durr chinese overlords" stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    I think grexly is referring to the GDPR-incident that happened not so long ago and not the usual "hurr durr chinese overlords" stuff
    Either that story is true and Epic worked fast and diligently to fix the issue as much as they could. Throw it in the bin with other security fuck ups, which Valve/Steam has had plenty of.

Or the dude made the whole thing up and is a piece of shit for it. Personally, I'd wait for similar stories to see if Epic cant tell Tom from Dick.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

As Sezerek pointed out it was the GDPR incident, maybe do a google search before going off on your conspiracy theory BS..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Either that story is true and Epic worked fast and diligently to fix the issue as much as they could. Throw it in the bin with other security fuck ups, which Valve/Steam has had plenty of.

Or the dude made the whole thing up and is a piece of shit for it. Personally, I'd wait for similar stories to see if Epic cant tell Tom from Dick.
    According to the story the person involved was upset at the supposed flippant attitude of the EGS customer support, when they found out what had happened..

I don't understand why people care about Epic exclusives. Are people really that lazy these days that they don't want to spend 5 seconds opening a different launcher to play a game they enjoy? Are people really so petty that they deny themselves a game they would enjoy just because they have beef (for some reason) with a specific company?

If I enjoy a game I enjoy a game, I don't care who made it or where it is sold.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I don't understand why people care about Epic exclusives. Are people really that lazy these days that they don't want to spend 5 seconds opening a different launcher to play a game they enjoy? Are people really so petty that they deny themselves a game they would enjoy just because they have beef (for some reason) with a specific company?
    I don't understand why devs care about Epic exclusivity. Are devs really that lazy these days that they don't want to spend 5 seconds creating a page on a different launcher to sell the game they made? Are people really so petty that they deny themselves sales they would enjoy just because they have beef (for some reason) with a specific company?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I don't understand why devs care about Epic exclusivity. Are devs really that lazy these days that they don't want to spend 5 seconds creating a page on a different launcher to sell the game they made? Are people really so petty that they deny themselves sales they would enjoy just because they have beef (for some reason) with a specific company?
    Childish retort aside, it's pretty obvious that the reason devs care about it is because they get a lot of money from the deal and contrary to the vocal minority most people will buy the game because they enjoy it regardless of what platform it is on. The angry people are always the loudest.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Psyonix is filled with SJW trash, so who the fuck cares about that dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Childish retort aside, it's pretty obvious that the reason devs care about it is because they get a lot of money from the deal and contrary to the vocal minority most people will buy the game because they enjoy it regardless of what platform it is on. The angry people are always the loudest.
    Calling those who disagree with you "petty" and "lazy" is even more childish. Other than that, they don't care that I need to install fucking garbage to play their games, I don't care about how much money they receive. Quid pro quo.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though