Thread: Rep Grinds

15+ Year Old Account

Rep Grinds

I’m wondering...how important do you think specific rep grinds like Thorium Brotherhood or Cenarion Circle will be? I guess it depends on how important all the FR or NR gear will be, so I guess what I’m really asking if whether or not there will be an ongoing demand for Res gear.

I did little raiding in vanilla, but I recall some thought only tanks and melee really needed it, but then I read that on Vael you’re dead without around 200 FR...so I’m a bit perplexed.

Other reps that have more useful items, like Timbermaw, will always be a worthy grind (+15 agility enchant), but I’m not sure we’ll need to be as
    diligent with the other factions.

What say you?
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

FR can be sort of cheated if your raid is patient, you can MC mobs at the entrance room to UBRS/LBRS and buff your raid...very..very slowly. Its good for a pull so you make damn sure that pull is gonna matter because the process is like 15 minutes. 1 of each type of crafter will get funneled rep handins so that the raid can get whatever gear it needs otherwise. Its actually not really a required grind for most people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...I’m greedy and want everything, but I doubt I’ll be a go to unless I know the GL, and I assume that’ll be the case in most guilds.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

It's not super important but can be very good if you're progressing. I would suggest doing it because it's a far more natural thing to want to do (and thus, should be more fun) than having to do your damn dailies every day.

Molten Core is undertuned enough that FR shouldn't really be needed except on the tanks.

Most factions in Classic weren't really all that important. So grinding reputation is more of an optional thing in a lot of cases.

There was one faction that was mandatory for Naxxramas later down the road (Argent Dawn I think).
    In terms of resistance gear being necessary I can't say it with certainty. I remember that back then to fight Ragnaros the guild I was in had a fire resistance gear requirement. I think every player had to put on around 3 pieces of fire resistance gear to make the job easier for the healers. How much resistance was that? I don't know. I know that Zul'Gurub had no fights with magic resist requirements.

I think AQ20 also didn't require any resist gear. AQ40 maybe had some shadow or nature resist requirements. I think Naxx only had resist gear requirements towards the last few fights.

If you want specific recipes you can grind the rep needed for it.

Hydraxian waterlord rep is needed for the MC douse.
    Cenarion circle and Nozdormu is needed for some good items.
    Argent dawn for naxx attunement (and +5 resist on shoulder)
    Zandalar tribe for the head and shoulder enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by nodlimax View Post
    Most factions in Classic weren't really all that important. So grinding reputation is more of an optional thing in a lot of cases.

There was one faction that was mandatory for Naxxramas later down the road (Argent Dawn I think).
    In terms of resistance gear being necessary I can't say it with certainty. I remember that back then to fight Ragnaros the guild I was in had a fire resistance gear requirement. I think every player had to put on around 3 pieces of fire resistance gear to make the job easier for the healers. How much resistance was that? I don't know. I know that Zul'Gurub had no fights with magic resist requirements.

I think AQ20 also didn't require any resist gear. AQ40 maybe had some shadow or nature resist requirements. I think Naxx only had resist gear requirements towards the last few fights.
    You need honoured with the Argent Dawn for Naxxramas to enter yeah.

For Princess Huhuran in Ahn'qiraj you wanted 20 players with a full nature resist set since she blasted the closest 20 players with a ton of nature damage.

In Naxxramas you wanted a full frost resistance set for Sapphiron, Kel'Thuzad wasn't a resistance fight DPS requirement was too high. Tanks wanted a fire resistance set for Four Horsemen, but they probably already had that for Molten Core.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Molten Core is undertuned enough that FR shouldn't really be needed except on the tanks.
    Yeah, FR was needed because people were clueless parking in fire. And healers were equally clueless or didn't want to waste mana on fire parkers. This time around a lot more damage will be avoided, including killing stuff in a timely maner before it dealt so much fire that you'd need the resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    You need honoured with the Argent Dawn for Naxxramas to enter yeah.
    I remember honoured being very expensive, most people would grind to revered before attuning to Naxx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nodlimax View Post

Didn't you need to be revered with them at the very minimum just to get attuned? I know the gear was gated behind reputation, but what I remember from my warrior days is that I couldn't even go into the raid instance without the Attunement.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Didn't you need to be revered with them at the very minimum just to get attuned? I know the gear was gated behind reputation, but what I remember from my warrior days is that I couldn't even go into the raid instance without the Attunement.
    If I remember correctly you needed at least friendly or honored to get the Naxx access at all. And getting a higher reputation meant you had to pay less materials for the Naxx access. Reaching exalted granted you access to Naxx for free but you had to do a LOT of Stratholme and/or Scholomance runs to get there.

As far as I remember when I made it to around 12.000/21.000 on revered and I had done a lot of Scholomance runs just for the freaking T0 head for druids. I was at the point where I didn't want to see these dungeons anymore. So yeah, getting exalted requires quite a bit of time effort.
    Last edited by nodlimax; 2019-05-26 at 08:19 AM.