Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Ghetto/gangster culture is stupid

I’m talking about those who talk street and act hood. I live in New York, so they’re everywhere. If you speak proper English, you will be called a “nerd” or “loser.” It’s not cool to get good grades.

You can say they’re the product of their environment, but the born-intelligent would not be enticed by a culture that celebrates stupidity.

Their preferred form of entertainment is turning the bass beat up until it smacks the attention into their skull.

Gangster rap is so stupid. I can’t imagine pretending to be that confident and clueless.

Born-intelligent? Hmm, is this one of those blacks are less intelligent threads in disguise?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Who cares what lame people think about being cool? Also there are plenty of intelligent gangsters out there talking all kinds of slang, they might believe in book-smart vs street-smart. Might sound stupid to most people but calculus doesn’t really do anything for someone living in the slums G-ing his way through life.

Anyways not liking gangster rap means you’re a racist /s

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I can’t imagine pretending to be that confident and clueless.
    Have you tried holding up a mirror?
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m talking about those who talk street and act hood. I live in New York, so they’re everywhere. If you speak proper English, you will be called a “nerd” or “loser.” It’s not cool to get good grades.

You can say they’re the product of their environment, but the born-intelligent would not be enticed by a culture that celebrates stupidity.

Their preferred form of entertainment is turning the bass beat up until it smacks the attention into their skull.

Gangster rap is so stupid. I can’t imagine pretending to be that confident and clueless.
    Is it now your personal mission to denigrate everything you disagree with in order to artificially inflate your own ego? What happened to co-existing with people and cultures that are different from your own? Or, is that something your 'condition' doesn't allow?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I used to think rap was really cool when I was 14, but when I turned 21 and grew older I found it quite dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not culture, this is uneducated violent people pretend to be worth of something.
    Glorifying crimes, amoral behaviour and anarchy.

This is just bad. Prolly that's why US cops became so nervousm while this is all around.

Education is the key to success. Free, forced, or whatever kind of education which teaches people to behave like people, citizens, not dumb consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Born-intelligent? Hmm, is this one of those blacks are less intelligent threads in disguise?
    Basically, there's been quite a few actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like hipsters.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I remember the 90's when gangsta rap was the next big thing and everybody wanted to get into it to make money. Even Will Smith, who did music already back then, tried very hard to get all 'gangsta'.
    And sadly it has been around for about 30 years glorifying crime, drugs, and violence, influencing by now 2 generations that they should become criminals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Yes. No shit. Isn't this common sense?

Donald Trump is your president. Even the dumbest rappers look intelligent by comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    I remember the 90's when gangsta rap was the next big thing and everybody wanted to get into it to make money. Even Will Smith, who did music already back then, tried very hard to get all 'gangsta'.
    And sadly it has been around for about 30 years glorifying crime, drugs, and violence, influencing by now 2 generations that they should become criminals.
    If content creators are responsible for what people do in their name...

Quote Originally Posted by articuno998 View Post
    I used to think rap was really cool when I was 14, but when I turned 21 and grew older I found it quite dumb.
    The genre is "hip-hop". "Rap" is what clueless white people call it. If you were ever actually interested in it in the first place you would know this.

Like most genres hip-hop has produced some brilliant albums, but most of it is dross. Hip-hop punched above its weight artistically throughout the eighties when it was still mostly authentic street culture, but lost its soul in the 90's when the music industry figured out it could make a ton of money pandering to white middle-class teenagers who wanted to live vicariously through the lifestyles of poor black criminals.

For any one who is reading this thread for reasons other than reflexive racism I suggest you look a bit harder: you may find stuff on the fringes is surprisingly good and worth your time. Unfortunately it is only the content which reinforces stereotypes of black men as violent and hyper-sexualized that gets mainstream coverage.
    Last edited by wasrathal; 2019-05-26 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    Education is the key to success. Free, forced, or whatever kind of education which teaches people to behave like people, citizens, not dumb consumers.
    They tried educating everyone in the USA but it didn't work so they were forced to lower the standards and implement all kinds of racist policies and quotas from schools to companies to maintain an illusion of equality.
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wasrathal View Post
    The genre is "hip-hop". "Rap" is what clueless white people call it. If you were ever actually interested in it in the first place you would know this.

Like most genres hip-hop has produced some brilliant albums, but most of it is dross. Hip-hop punched above its weight artistically throughout the eighties when it was still mostly authentic street culture, but lost its soul in the 90's when the music industry figured out it could make a ton of money pandering to white middle-class teenagers who wanted to live vicariously through the lifestyles of poor black criminals.

For any one who is reading this thread for reasons other than reflexive racism I suggest you look a bit harder: you may find stuff on the fringes is surprisingly good and worth your time. Unfortunately it is only the content which reinforces stereotypes of black men as violent and hyper-sexualized that gets mainstream coverage.
    This is a troll thread. I wouldn't waste me time trying to educate only one the artistic merits of the genre, or any.

Something that doesn't get brought up. Is it possible the cocaine from the Iran/Contra Scandal helped fuel the gangster rap scene?
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Something that doesn't get brought up. Is it possible the cocaine from the Iran/Contra Scandal helped fuel the gangster rap scene?
    THe idea that the introduction of hard drugs to the inner cities led to that isn't a brand new concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    This is a troll thread. I wouldn't waste me time trying to educate only one the artistic merits of the genre, or any.
    It is more of a troll forum. While I take your point, I'm mostly just amusing myself.