Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Something that doesn't get brought up. Is it possible the cocaine from the Iran/Contra Scandal helped fuel the gangster rap scene?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51223410

Not rap itself but the environments/struggles depicted in rap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wasrathal View Post
    It is more of a troll forum. While I take your point, I'm mostly just amusing myself.
    I know what you mean.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Born-intelligent? Hmm, is this one of those blacks are less intelligent threads in disguise?
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/67521747.cms

"The 90-year-old geneticist resigned under fire from his laboratory in 2007 after telling a British newspaper that people of African descent tend to have lower intelligence."

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51223410

Not rap itself but the environments/struggles depicted in rap.

- - - Updated - - -
    I think you nailed it, great post
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

lower class black culture tends to have distrust in law enforcement. that leads to distrust of those people by law enforcement, which leads to all the BS we see on the news. i 100% believe that rap and hip hop stoke those fires. young black men idolize some fake thug rapper more than they do a real role model, like Obama or Booker.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Any culture that shames betterment and take pride in blind loyalty is ofc gonna produce idiots.

Born-intelligent? Hmm, is this one of those blacks are less intelligent threads in disguise?
    I swear, I don't know where all these SJW overlords are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I’m talking about those who talk street and act hood. I live in New York, so they’re everywhere. If you speak proper English, you will be called a “nerd” or “loser.” It’s not cool to get good grades.

You can say they’re the product of their environment, but the born-intelligent would not be enticed by a culture that celebrates stupidity.

Their preferred form of entertainment is turning the bass beat up until it smacks the attention into their skull.

Gangster rap is so stupid. I can’t imagine pretending to be that confident and clueless.
    MMO-C/Keyboard warrior culture is stupid.

I'm talking about those who post to complain and act clever. I live online, so they're everywhere. If you don't write perfect English, you will be called "stupid" or "*you're". It's not cool to like things.

You can say they're the product of their environment, but the born-intelligent would not be enticed by a culture that celebrates shitposting.

Their preferred form of entertainment is posting about minorities, until it smacks the attention into their skull.

Keyboard warriors are so stupid. I can't imagine pretending to be that confident and clueless.

Aren't the kind that 'talk and act' like gangsters usually white though? The black people in this culture usually ARE hood. I'd say the white followers are a lot less intelligent then the black people who actually live like that. The latter are often born in it, raised in it, have little chances to get out. Most of those white folks squander their chances and choose to be like that. That's truly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Aren't the kind that 'talk and act' like gangsters usually white though? The black people in this culture usually ARE hood. I'd say the white followers are a lot less intelligent then the black people who actually live like that. The latter are often born in it, raised in it, have little chances to get out. Most of those white folks squander their chances and choose to be like that. That's truly stupid.
    Following that logic you might as well lament how those poor poor whiggers ended up in such a state that they rather idolize thug gangsta culture than mainstream culture.

7+ Year Old Account
    A self-proclaimed "hipster" calling another pseudo-culture "stupid". Irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    lower class black culture tends to have distrust in law enforcement. that leads to distrust of those people by law enforcement, which leads to all the BS we see on the news. i 100% believe that rap and hip hop stoke those fires. young black men idolize some fake thug rapper more than they do a real role model, like Obama or Booker.
    What about rock and country which have often the same exact overarching sentiments? Why is it only rap? Why do the other genres who speak of the same shit get a pass?

I’m talking about those who talk street and act hood. I live in New York, so they’re everywhere. If you speak proper English, you will be called a “nerd” or “loser.” It’s not cool to get good grades.

You can say they’re the product of their environment, but the born-intelligent would not be enticed by a culture that celebrates stupidity.

Their preferred form of entertainment is turning the bass beat up until it smacks the attention into their skull.

Gangster rap is so stupid. I can’t imagine pretending to be that confident and clueless.

Well, people said the same thing about rock music at one time.

But the "it's not cool to get good grades" part isn't helping. I've even seen some pick on kids who were trying to do well in school, that's not right.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account

"African- and Latin-Americans are stupid. Their music is stupid. Why don't they listen to classical music or rock n' roll like any normal whi-I mean, civilized person?"

Your racial bias is showing, OP.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

you can't fix stupid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What about rock and country which have often the same exact overarching sentiments? Why is it only rap? Why do the other genres who speak of the same shit get a pass?
    when's the last rock song you heard titled "F the police" or openly talking about gang banging, shooting up, raping girls, etc?

Listen to an hour of 3 six mafia and tell me that its cultured.

Not all rap is 'gangster rap' and it's racist to attack rap as that, but there are certain segments of rap like gangster rap (see my 3 6 mafia reference) that are absolutely disgusting.

Free to listen to whatever you want in america, but i don't respect anyone who listens to it past the age of 18

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't like hipsters.
    Case closed.

Take a trip to rural Ohio and you'll see that your insinuation is clearly not the case. That idiot culture exists independent of the races who take part in it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a troll thread. I wouldn't waste me time trying to educate only one the artistic merits of the genre, or any.
    Plenty of artistic merits in hip hop (I have quite a few artists I love), he specified gangsta rap. Yeah, gangsta rap is inherently stupid - why would you defend it? It denigrates women and homosexuality, glorifies violence and the accumulation of material wealth... Why defend it?
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Yes it is. When I see someone listening to that garbage, all I can think is that said person belongs to that movie Idiocracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    when's the last rock song you heard titled "F the police" or openly talking about gang banging, shooting up, raping girls, etc?

Listen to an hour of 3 six mafia and tell me that its cultured.

Not all rap is 'gangster rap' and it's racist to attack rap as that, but there are certain segments of rap like gangster rap (see my 3 6 mafia reference) that are absolutely disgusting.

Free to listen to whatever you want in america, but i don't respect anyone who listens to it past the age of 18
    first of all three 6 mafia hasn't been relevant since @ the very latest 2012 so idk why you would choose them as an example

to imply that there isn't any gangsta rap with culture is literally racist because it's not reflective of *your* culture

would you use tupac in the same example? biggie? dre? snoop? ice cube? em? their music is a reflection of THEIR culture, not yours

also there are plenty of examples of any type of music with "disgusting" songs. you're just justifying racism.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    first of all three 6 mafia hasn't been relevant since @ the very latest 2012 so idk why you would choose them as an example

to imply that there isn't any gangsta rap with culture is literally racist because it's not reflective of *your* culture

would you use tupac in the same example? biggie? dre? snoop? ice cube? em? their music is a reflection of THEIR culture, not yours

also there are plenty of examples of any type of music with "disgusting" songs. you're just justifying racism.
    Tupac and them are artists, and you know damn well that wasn't what i referencing. Why say "3 6 mafia is irrelevant since 2012 bad example" and then uses examples 10 years-20 PRIOR to that? COME ON MAN.

I luv me all those artists you listed, especially tupac back in the day, but you notice how tupac talks about LIFTING UP women and struggling communities?

You know i was talking about the 3 6 mafia's of the rap world, and not the Lil Wayne's.

If you can listen to an entire 3 6 mafia, or juicy j album and think that's OK, well, i feel sorry for you.