Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcleaver View Post
    Ye well i dont think you would tbh. If your reason for not going mythic is that lfr exists you are just a casual simple as that and its not a bad thing by any means but dont go saying u can kill the hardest boss with wq gear when its simply not true.
    My reason to not go above LFR is because I already defeated her and getting gear from higher difficulties is not doing anything for me. M+ is not new content for me.

I think it will depend. Some people will still bring their selfish "out for myself" attitude to Classic; nothing can fix that but you see that even in the older MMOs that actual force communication (as in, you can't do things solo; even leveling). You'll still have the people that will refuse to group up for kill quests and instead just ninja tag mobs, you'll have people trying to corner the market on expensive things and try to stop anyone else from getting those items without paying them (the "Devilsaur Mafia" that you see on Private Servers), you'll have people wanting to pretend everything is super serious and if you aren't 110% min-maxed you're terrible, etc.

Games can only do so much to encourage communication and community, the rest is on the players and I think with in general how games have evolved since 2004, there will still be communication but it won't be the same as in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I think it will depend. Some people will still bring their selfish "out for myself" attitude to Classic; nothing can fix that but you see that even in the older MMOs that actual force communication (as in, you can't do things solo; even leveling). You'll still have the people that will refuse to group up for kill quests and instead just ninja tag mobs, you'll have people trying to corner the market on expensive things and try to stop anyone else from getting those items without paying them (the "Devilsaur Mafia" that you see on Private Servers), you'll have people wanting to pretend everything is super serious and if you aren't 110% min-maxed you're terrible, etc.

Games can only do so much to encourage communication and community, the rest is on the players and I think with in general how games have evolved since 2004, there will still be communication but it won't be the same as in the old days.
    what u cant level solo in wow?

how did i hit lvl 60 back in 2004 then

hmm

A big part of classic was communication/friend list/ignore list etc so yeah it will bring it back and possible for retail too (i hope).

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Actual communication in the group when doing more challenging content has never left.
    It left in Wrath.

Retailers who try their hand at Classic are going to have to learn quickly how important communication is in a real MMO. Classic is not a single player action game and it will be a shock to the system for people who have got used to how things are done on retail.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    My reason to not go above LFR is because I already defeated her and getting gear from higher difficulties is not doing anything for me. M+ is not new content for me.
    That means u lack the motivation for actual raiding all you want to do is kill her once for story and thats it. I honestly havent read many of the previous posts but if you are saying communication is gone because you dont see any of it in LFR then you are wrong. LFR is made for people to see story not to communicate and put effort into teamwork, gearing to overcome harder obstacles.

That means u lack the motivation for actual raiding all you want to do is kill her once for story and thats it. I honestly havent read many of the previous posts but if you are saying communication is gone because you dont see any of it in LFR then you are wrong. LFR is made for people to see story not to communicate and put effort into teamwork, gearing to overcome harder obstacles.
    Yea, lack of motivation to play current WoW is why I stopped playing current WoW.

EDIT: Edited out you are genius part because it looked to be quite offensive. It wasn't my intention.
    Last edited by ManiaCCC; 2019-05-26 at 12:55 PM.

Yea, lack of motivation to play current WoW is why I stopped playing current WoW. You are genius
    You said you dont enjoy playing because you can kill jaina in LFR and you dont care about higher difficulties. So im almost 100% sure if lfr was removed you wouldnt be playing at all. It looks like you actualy dont want to do harder content so dont blame blizzard for adding LFR but look at yourself why you cant bring yourself to doing more than just LFR. Its clear you dont enjoy the game anymore but saying LFR/M+ is the reason of it is pretty weak.

Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    what u cant level solo in wow?

how did i hit lvl 60 back in 2004 then

hmm
    Re-read what I said. I said even in older MMOs that forced communication you didn't always get it, not in WoW. Only some classes could solo in EQ for example, others you had to rely on other players to group to kill mobs, and even then you had no guarantee of communication.

You said you dont enjoy playing because you can kill jaina in LFR and you dont care about higher difficulties. So im almost 100% sure if lfr was removed you wouldnt be playing at all.
    It's not just about LFR but anyway, you are just wrong here. You may not believe me and honestly, it doesn't matter. But I know, if they would keep their older philosophies of content structure, i would be easily motivated to play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes you did. Thats what players like you dont get. Majority of people consider it as finished game. Nobady cares about titles you can earn them next patch or expansio. Nobady cares about mounts you can earn them next patch, buy boost, or farm next expansion. Not mentioning most people have 300+ mounts anyway so another new mount no matter how good looking is really isnt that fun reward. Achievements again nobady cares about some filled bars what nobady can see without putting effort into inspecting someone. In classic you can actualy instanly tell what progression player done by just looking at their gear.

New difficutly isnt new content it is same content but harder and iniciative to actualy do harder content isnt there at all. Classic is far more appealing and far more fun to participate in different types of content exactly for that fact there are no difficulty levels. It is far more fun complete Wailing Cavers than Wailing Caverns +1,+2,+3 etc...
    And i am not metioning how fragmented community is becouse of this.

You can say how is moder game harder becouse of mythic +10 or mythic raiding. Fact that you have to use difficulty slider type of excuse to defend retail content only proves its in horrible state. No matter what you say. As long as moder wow will have easy mods it never will be harder than classic becouse game difficulty is determined by lowest possible difficutly.

There is so many games what are pretty hard on hard difficulty yet only about 1 it is said all the time. Darks Souls. Even when some games can be harder on hardest difficulty level DS will be alwers mentioned as number 1, becouse it has no easy mod. You do 1 set difficulty or you wont finish game. And thats how it should be.
    Even dark souls have different levels of difficulty (I have beated it in ++ mode) but if differs from wow that instead going up it goes down.
    Encounter on lower diff does not have certain nechanics/adds, so for me beating an encounter that lacks certain aspect of it you have not beated the game. You finish a game when you beat it in his complete aspect, and as of wow you beat a raid tier only if your raid get Cutting Edge where you face it as the developers programmed it for

No.

Communication is the people and their mentality, not patch notes. The age of 'innocence' is over long ago for this game as most things on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Murthag View Post
    Even dark souls have different levels of difficulty (I have beated it in ++ mode) but if differs from wow that instead going up it goes down.
    Encounter on lower diff does not have certain nechanics/adds, so for me beating an encounter that lacks certain aspect of it you have not beated the game. You finish a game when you beat it in his complete aspect, and as of wow you beat a raid tier only if your raid get Cutting Edge where you face it as the developers programmed it for
    Yes but baseline DS difficulty is alredy pretty challenging. In WoW it would be like starting at Mythic+10 than go up. And i am not mention how much segmented community is becouse of it and how terrible it must be to balance game around so many difficulty levels. It is proven that games with 1 set difficulty tends to be farm more enyojable becouse you dont have to balance and create artificial rules to prevent your game from breaking at higher or lower difficulty levels. This concept of having multiple sized difficulty levels si absolute nonsense. Ulduar was peak when comes to difficulty desing. Everything after was pure garbage mess of inflated gear, content invalidation, welfare gear, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    No.

Communication is the people and their mentality, not patch notes. The age of 'innocence' is over long ago for this game as most things on the internet.
    we have a 15 page thread about players communicating, and you are over here talking about patch notes? what?

I have question.. how it is relevant for average player? Where is the "fun"? It's really doing same thing for 5 more item levels really the soul of MMORPG games? Isn't that just bad ARPG or looter shooter?
    Is not that in every rpg to look for better loot? Plus you are not forced to raid all 4 difficulties to be competitive, mine guild has completed myth bod and we are playing it only as mythic we don't run HC or Norm becouse we don't need to.

The only time this happened was during mop for the legendary quest becouse the quest items had a separate lookout from LFR to norm/HC but they fixed it in wod when they made shared between all difficulties so you didn't need to run LFR for a chance of extra quest items

Can't wait for vanilla community back! no toxic, no twitch chat emote spamming and more mature behavior, I prefer 2004 age community thats why I'll play classic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Murthag View Post
    Is not that in every rpg to look for better loot? Plus you are not forced to raid all 4 difficulties to be competitive, mine guild has completed myth bod and we are playing it only as mythic we don't run HC or Norm becouse we don't need to.

The only time this happened was during mop for the legendary quest becouse the quest items had a separate lookout from LFR to norm/HC but they fixed it in wod when they made shared between all difficulties so you didn't need to run LFR for a chance of extra quest items
    Maybe I am really old school, but I am not playing RPG games for gear or items. Better items are just means to get further. There are games, which I am playing for better gear.. Looter shooters and ARPGs, but gear in these games is much more interesting, so it does make sense. Also these games are, most of the time, packed with character customization, so you can try many different things and builds.. WoW offers boring itemization and almost zero customization at this point. So, i don't see a point to just grind more mythic difficulties for..more boring gear.

5+ Year Old Account
    More Downtime in combat means more time to chat. Required CC means you at least have to mark enemies and establish who CCs what.

As such, you'll probably wind up chatting by design. People who pretend people were just more social "back in the day" don't realize how game design subtly influences what you do in games, and Classic had several things going that made you have downtime so that you can use text chat.

Back then many people fully focused on the game and didn't have a 2nd monitor/TV to watch Netflix on during downtimes like while farming, but since they do now that might make it a tad less social.

With the abundance of Voice chat software and almost everyone having a decent mic these days, text chat is getting less and less attention, but since you're probably not wanting to invite every single person you play with into your discord server, Text chat will make a return in Classic.

Less than back in the day? Yeah, possible. But Vanilla requires communication one way or another.

Everyday content will require more communication, but Raids still need the same amount of voicechatting/Raidleading that it does on live I reckon.
    Last edited by Grevmak; 2019-05-26 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes but baseline DS difficulty is alredy pretty challenging. In WoW it would be like starting at Mythic+10 than go up. And i am not mention how much segmented community is becouse of it and how terrible it must be to balance game around so many difficulty levels. It is proven that games with 1 set difficulty tends to be farm more enyojable becouse you dont have to balance and create artificial rules to prevent your game from breaking at higher or lower difficulty levels. This concept of having multiple sized difficulty levels si absolute nonsense. Ulduar was peak when comes to difficulty desing. Everything after was pure garbage mess of inflated gear, content invalidation, welfare gear, etc...
    In fact all the nerf/hot fixes comes for mythic hardly for the other difficulties becouse they are already tuned by removing certain part of the fight.

And again I don't understand it, who cares if the guy next to me have that item I wear, mine is way stronger becouse I acquired it playing the difficulty the designer thinked it to be played in its complete state. There is only one difficulty that it's relevant, I don't see world first races for LFR/Normal/Heroic.

The problem with the community atm is that they lack to understand this that you beat the game only if you get CE