Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 40k with Space Marine Alliance led by Immortal Divine President Anduin Wrynn against the marauding hordes of Space Horde Marines under the command of 5397th Mad Warchief Mankrik seeking to destroy universe with ancient powers of Memes.

The only reasons I would like to see a wow 2 is...
    - modern (mmo) combat system
    - stronger focus on RPG
    - replace factions with something race based
    - better graphics
    - modern quest system
    - fresh start without all the legacy of 15 years...
    - new Azeroth with more focus on exploring

If I compare Suramar or Boralus to Stormwind, it feels REALLY weird. The scale change over the years is HUGE. Technically WoW is already at least 3 different game.
    It would be good to just play ONE game. One, consistent, good game. Where the devs have to deliver great quality game to re-grab and then retain players, not just throw some diluted crap at their shivering addicts and call it a day. Where the devs don't act like a freshly divorced couple and wow is their kid that has to suffer from their idiocity. (the game since wod)
    I want to be a WoW addict. I guess I'm just too "proud" and "self-aware" to be an addict of this one...
    But I guess till there's enough shivering player to pay for whatever scrap they are getting, Blizz are not gonna wrap anything up.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-05-26 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    The game has outlived any expectations.

My personal feeling is that the game as we know it - world of warcraft - should be coming to its end and have a final expansion where they wrap up the story.
    n.
    Why are people always so colossally self absorbed that they think because a product isn't suitable for them it should be taken off the market.

"Hai gais, I stopped using your toothpaste, you should discontinue the product!"

Get over yourself. "To me / I / I / I". think of other povs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaah another one of those OPs whos looking for support in their opinion but getting shit on instead. Love it

But like others have said, feel free to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Allatar View Post
    We've come full circle when someone is hailing the release of a 15 year old version of the game as 'a fresh start, new gameplay, new story to tell, and new goals ingame'.

There is literally nothing new in WoW Classic.
    People will realize this soon enough. Hell, theres already complaining that the dungeons are too easy
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Why are people always so colossally self absorbed that they think because a product isn't suitable for them it should be taken off the market.

"Hai gais, I stopped using your toothpaste, you should discontinue the product!"

Get over yourself. "To me / I / I / I". think of other povs.
    Well, let's see similar situations where a beloved frenchise has become almost unrecognizable.
    Do you like game of thrones season 8? Compared to the books and the first 6 season?
    Do you like the new star wars? (I mean if you grew up on the original series?)
    Do you like I ce Age #123123 and Shrek #123131231
    Or many tv series last seasons where they just continue something because it pays well, but it's really crappy.

There are people who are fine with literally whatever. Yeey, new Star Wars, yeey everything, yeeey. But I think these people are not the best for the franchise...

WoW 2 wont happen because it will be shit and be ripped apart, no matter what they do

OP

Imagine you had a magic lantern printing you millions of dollars every year.

Would you throw away the lantern? your post makes no sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Warcraft 40k with Space Marine Alliance led by Immortal Divine President Anduin Wrynn against the marauding hordes of Space Horde Marines under the command of 5397th Mad Warchief Mankrik seeking to destroy universe with ancient powers of Memes.
    Hire this guy Blizz ;D obviously get a contract with the warhammer folks tho too just because you dont want to get sued too haha

On Topic: A WoW 2 sounds like a disaster
    I think people here need to quit, plain and simple - the games not for you any more and I legit hope classic works out for you - or - maybe a break can help idk?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The story of WoW and warcraft has **never** been good.
    Warcraft 3 had some dope storytelling, and early WoW made the whole thing accessible. TBC's lore makes hardly any sense and had to be explained heavily, so there's that, but Wotlk had some nifty lore and cool storytelling, wrapping up Arthas' story.

Was never a fan of how you needed to read books, play several games and look at comics just to get the whole picture. Multi-media story telling blows IMO.

So I guess we will see about 92 of such threads until Classic goes live, yeah? I shall set som bear traps around, darn is this annoying.

I've never understood the mentality that a "WoW 2" would somehow save the franchise for those that dislike WoW currently. The concept itself is riddled with gambles.

There's no guarantee that:
    -The story will be better. Many of the same writers would work on WoW 2 if WoW was done being developed. Even if there was a time jump, it would still be a continuation of WoW's story, thus an expansion would be the same result. If the idea is that current WoW's story would be "wrapped up" then what would the story of WoW 2 be? What would be the point if it's set in the same world/reality, or had (even a few of) the same characters?

-People would play it more than they ever played WoW. Some might distrust Blizzard so much they would never play another Blizzard/WoW game. Some would not want to go through WoW 2 after playing WoW for years, collecting things and progressing their characters so much. Depending on if it's a subscription game or F2P, some might not like one or the other enough to not want to play. Subs are somewhat old-fashioned now, and F2P games are looked down upon for some of their systems.

-The graphics would be such a huge leap. They could certainly be a jump from what we have, but Blizzard has always had the mentality that people should be able to play their games no matter how good or bad their computers are - this would probably continue with WoW 2.

-Classes would be better, more diverse, or more balanced. They have shown that they can completely change a spec as it is, like Survival in Legion, or Demo in MoP and again in Legion. They can add whatever classes they want, and they can rearrange specs to do whatever roles they want (like how all DK specs were all originally tanks and DPS). Making a new game just for class balance might not work, in that case - it's also probably going to be most of the same devs working on classes now.

-Races would be more diverse. As they've shown now, they can add pretty much any race they deem worthy, and ignore any race they deem unworthy - take a glance through the High Elf Megathread for some hot takes on that (from both sides). Chances are, many of the races on the factions now would remain on factions in WoW 2. If they simply ignored factions entirely, chances are most of the playable races now would still be playable, just with each other. They could simply do that in WoW as it is, considering that they're leaning toward that narrative in BfA.

If you'd like changes in WoW, WoW 2 wouldn't do that for you. If you feel there are changes to be made, plead your case to Blizzard to change the game that exists, instead of hoping for a prettier version of what we already have. If you're so unsatisfied with the state of WoW (or Blizzard as a whole) and you feel your feedback isn't heard, then maybe it's time to take a major break from WoW or leave completely. Money speaks louder than words, they say.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Why would they wrap up wow now when they still make a shitload of money out the players playing it? Even though I personally think live servers are garbage, I know there is a ton of players that like current wow so blizz have no reason at all to shut it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    No

10chars
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

What is wrong with people ? Just stop playing dammit. God some of you people are sad af

A lot of people are playing the game, "Hey guys, lets just finish it, kk ?" ~~

And whats with "WoW 2" ? In what world it should happen? Just nuke Azeroth from the orbit and make it outland style ?

just put in sargeras and call it a day
    hit & run posting lol

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Not sure I would sign your number though, beyond the 3.4 (?) million that they told us on day 1 (and even there people go "Oh, it is not day 1...it is all pre-orders), anything beyond that I think is speculation? Or did they release sale figures afterwards?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...on-pack-sales/ I can only find this, which includes an interesting line "Additionally, the release of the Warlords of Draenor expansion pack in the 4th quarter of 2014 brought a substantial spike in the subscriber numbers reaching over ten million in that period"

One could take that as an indicator, that indeed after 3 million sold on day one, 6-7 million are sold in the days after, but only WotLK had the staying power to sustain 10+ million subs.

Probably the best Blizzard could do is NOT tell us sub-numbers, so people will keep talking over WoW and arguing. Proof? : https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-numbers/page7

Locked with the reason: "the thread now is mostly pointless argument about subscriptions which no one knows anything about or that WoW is dying."

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see any plan in your post, just wishful thinking.

People keep critizising WoW and the dev team with every x-pac more viciously. The apparently best devs they ever had fucked up "Project Titan". No other developer who either tried to copy WoW or tried "a fresh start, new gameplay, new story to tell, and new goals ingame" did not surpass WoW (we can argue about FF 14 for all I care)

What makes you think there is ANYTHING or ANYBODY within Blizzard who can pull off a WoW 2 and why would they want to, when there is all this praising the re-release of a FIFTEEN year old game version as the second coming of Christ. People here (in parts) seem more interested in re-living what they once did, hate the new stuff /(retail) but you think you can seel a vague idea of having " a fresh start".

I think that is called: Try a different MMO franchise....
    I think its very hard to pull a wow 2 yes. Espepcially with blizzard being part of activision and a corp itself. Its very hard to say ok lets make something new, rather than just slightly update our current product every other year. Pretty much what mobile phone companies are doing etc.

That said I can't ignore the fact that it needs to be done, or at least to be heard. Every-time there is a post about new expansions or bringing back classic(its happening)/tbc etc. I don't hear the fact that wow needs number 2 instead of a new expansion. It doesn't really have to be a completely different game. Just make sure you reset the current content. So much bloat at the current wow.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    The game has outlived any expectations.

My personal feeling is that the game as we know it - world of warcraft - should be coming to its end and have a final expansion where they wrap up the story.

Tbh the storytelling hasn't been good since the whole thing with timetravel started and since they were left out of ideas, it feels like its dragging for no particular reason.

That and the fact that we get an expansion every 2 years, which apparently has a new story to tell, has the gameplay for each class massively changed and it adds features e.g warfronts, m+ etc, that feel like blizzard is just throwing eggs on a wall to see which one sticks.

I feel its time for wow to end as we know it and have 1 final good expansion.

Then it would be awesome for blizzard to continued doing the legacy realm stuff e.g tbc, wotlk and while supporting itself on past content take a few years to bring world of warcraft 2 on the table.

Wow needs a wow 2, it needs a fresh start, new gameplay, new story to tell, and new goals ingame.

Even marvel decided to wrap up marvel universe v1.

I am sick and tired of expansion after expansion just for the cashgrab. Each expansion after mop pretty much felt just like it could have been a new patch and not a whole expansion.
    Yea, they absolutely should wrap-up one of their most profitable games, and their flagship title.

Makes perfect sense, really.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I get the part, where you now have the responsibility for several thousand employees and your families...and play it safe, rather than when you are a rogue company with few ppl and take risks....

...what I don't get is how it is " fact that it needs to be done".

Since you said in your OP that "Even marvel decided to wrap up marvel universe v1." - They didn't do it out of the goodness of their heart...they had a plan, the story was told...and they hope to keep making money.

Which is at the end of the day what drives Blizzard's decisions. And you need to be more convincing that a WoW 2 will make them more money than WoW now will.
    I don't think they give a damn about their employees or their families. Its just money for them. Don't forget how many people they letgo even though they had a record sales year.