Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There are no kids that play either BFA or Classic, they are all playing Fortnite atm. OT its just your typical tribalism like the good old PS3 vs Xbox360 days, the loud minority on both sides will religiously defend their game while attacking the other side. It happens on this site aswell and it has been growing more rampant with the release of Classic getting closer to release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Nobody is scared of Classic. You have a few camps, but mainly those that want it, usually very much so, and those that remember Classic, and not very fondly.

I played Classic. It was great fun at the time, but the game systems were very poor compared to today and it was a total grind-fest. The leveling wasn't particularly enjoyable and I honestly cannot see myself ever playing it again. I'd play Wrath again. I'd probably play BC again, too. I wouldn't ever play Classic again, though... nothing about Classic was done better then than it is now, with the one exception being... standing around and looking at other players and knowing, vaguely, how good they were at the game because of the gear that they're wearing.

Honestly, now that I think about it, maybe that's why some players want it back. Gear equaled server fame back in Classic. It was the one time where you didn't need to be in a top-10 guild for people to know who you were. Gear equaled glory and I think a lot of people are drawn to that.

It's just a shame that getting that gear is going to take them a very, very long time. A lot of people won't be able to handle how long it takes.

We'll see how it goes, but I don't expect it to be more than a passing interest.
    U will be very wrong. U will see.
    Just look at OSRS. And now imagine runescape in wow scale. Classic might actually explode the MMORPG market once again. Something WoW hasn't done for the last 4-5 expansions. (Sad but true)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    why do people spam this or official forum with negativity about classic in every single topic? are they scared they cant fill their warfront anymore or 5hours lfr queue?
    I dont find anything more childish than to call others names. so Im not sure who is being "kid" here.

Because the BFA kids are jealous, they hear all the great stories about vanilla while they only know shitty expansions like BFA and WOD. I can't blame them, I would be jealous too if I were them.

They start looking at all the flaws vanilla had and yeah vanilla had plenty of it and they get convinced vanilla was bad. So they start to pretent they have played vanilla on forums and point at the flaws over and over again. What they don't see is the great community vanilla offered us, a flawed game can still be the best game ever with the right community. And it was.
    Blizzard is Arthas, Activision is Frostmourne, together as Activision-Blizzard they are the Lich King. #FireBobbyKotick

Quote Originally Posted by Strand NE View Post
    More importantly, why do you care?
    He cares, because he is doing the exact same thing he is accusing people of. He is shitting on retail, in order to draw people to classic, because he's afraid that his precious classic will fail.

As for the thread - so far, most of classic naysayers are using arguments, some more logical, some less logical, but at least arguments. Classic fanboys are mostly using emotions and nostalgia. Hm.

Oh well. Only 3 more months of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    If this would be the case, many people would not be so hyped by classic.
    You're assuming people are actually thinking logically. They're not.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant010 View Post
    Because the BFA kids are jealous, they hear all the great stories about vanilla while they only know shitty expansions like BFA and WOD. I can't blame them, I would be jealous too if I were them.

They start looking at all the flaws vanilla had and yeah vanilla had plenty of it and they get convinced vanilla was bad. So they start to pretent they have played vanilla on forums and point at the flaws over and over again. What they don't see is the great community vanilla offered us, a flawed game can still be the best game ever with the right community. And it was.
    It depends. Does that great community include ppl like you? If yes, I fail to see how it is a great community.

Oh look, the "adult" OP does not even answer in his own thread.
    Low level bait, I say...

There is toxicity from both sides.

Damm, the "forum war" started sooner than i expected with Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    It depends. Does that great community include ppl like you? If yes, I fail to see how it is a great community.
    Don't be jelly, most classic deniers already have admit they were wrong after playing beta. You will also get the chance to play the best game. No need to stay grumpy.
    Blizzard is Arthas, Activision is Frostmourne, together as Activision-Blizzard they are the Lich King. #FireBobbyKotick

10+ Year Old Account
    why do people spam this or official forum with negativity about classic in every single topic? are they scared they cant fill their warfront anymore or 5hours lfr queue?
    Why do the vanilla zealots have to lie about everything and pretend like vanilla is going to obliterate live? I mean seriously trying to claim live only has a few hundred thousand subs with no proof at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviant010 View Post
    Don't be jelly, most classic deniers already have admit they were wrong after playing beta. You will also get the chance to play the best game. No need to stay grumpy.
    It is sad to see how people have forgotten what made WoW, actually WOW.
    The class quests, the exploring, the no flying, the actually having to put thoughts in talent trees. having alot of options on tuning your class your way.
    Having more to do then just raiding and arena.

I think people will notice what made WoW actually popular once classic is out and they will be bothered that retail wow doesn't have that anymore.

Sorry but character proud or progress is 100% gone on retail. U can log ur warlock and ur just as good to go as on ur hunter.
    Shit design.

As Ghostcrawler said before he left Blizzard/WoW: I don't want to design a game where i have to make sure everyone's grandma can do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Because I played it. Yes at the time it was good but a lot of the masses who are eagerly awaiting this glorious return to WoW are going to be massively disappointed.
    You do realize Classic is being made for people who have already played and experienced vanilla, yes?

Doomsay harder, BFA kiddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Who is hyped? A bunch of streamers that have been ragging on wow for years? To say wow was #2 on twitch for a week the rest of the gaming world is Completly silent, haven't seen any mention of wow classic outside dedicated wow sites and even there it's like here a 50/50 split of raving fan boi's and people sick of hearing about it.

I can't wait till these arse holes start trying to claim "World first x kill" like they arn't 15 years to fucking late.
    You are either blind or just hate classic and people who like classic for no good reason, but whole classic happen thanks to "hype". Is it some type of hype what new Elder Scroll or Star Wars game can achieve? Of course not. MMORPGs are niche, current wow is niche so we are talking about hype in niche group so don't be stupid here. It's still managed to get higher friction and better reaction than I hoped for. As for now, Classic is big deal in our small niche mmorpg community. We will see if it can hold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    You're assuming people are actually thinking logically. They're not.
    I will go with Occam's razor here and declare that you are the guy not thinking logical here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    He is shitting on retail, in order to draw people to classic, because he's afraid that his precious classic will fail.
    Seething retailers projecting hard, lol

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are realistic. And you will play classic for a month or two then come crawling back like the vast majority of the nostalgia kiddies will. I plan on playing Classic as well... I just don't have your sad delusions about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    You are either blind or just hate classic and people who like classic for no good reason, but whole classic happen thanks to "hype". Is it some type of hype what new Elder Scroll or Star Wars game can achieve? Of course not. MMORPGs are niche, current wow is niche so we are talking about hype in niche group so don't be stupid here. It's still managed to get higher friction and better reaction than I hoped for. As for now, Classic is big deal in our small niche mmorpg community. We will see if it can hold it.
    You underestimate the power of a fanbase. Just look at OSRS. I heard it is more popular then the actual Retail runescape.
    Just imagine that in a WOW scale. Vanilla WoW peaked at what 8-9M? That is something BFA will NEVER reach.

I won't be surprised if classic wow, would be more popular then any other MMORPG out there (Except maybe retail wow, but i am 100% sure that retail wow is doing worse then it has ever done before)

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I don't understand why the community has to act like a massive cesspool about the whole Classic/BfA thing. It's only a net positive for WoW.
    People have an infuriating need to be right, and this is a prime example.

OT; Nice bait there broseph.

Because I can't play my Blood Elf Demon Hunter, that's why.

Both versions suck, until they put the one thing glaringly missing into one version that should have been there from the start. I am talking about... high elves.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

But don't you know? you are not forward compatible if you are old fashioned. I mean you ask that question on the wrong forum. You either hate what everybody hates or you love what everybody love. You must be the part of the cattle. Because your individuality to think about something is ABSOLUTELY WRONG!!! Therefore you MUST accept that the classic is negative thing. You MUST succumb and accept it.

Or maybe! be on the part of the other cattle that says that classic is good! What is going to be @_@!?!? CLOCK IS TICKING AND THE CLASSIC IS NIGH!!!!!!!