Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    why do people spam this or official forum with negativity about classic in every single topic? are they scared they cant fill their warfront anymore or 5hours lfr queue?
    Speaking only for myself: because I hate the idea of dividing developer resources into 2 separate games.
    Then again, with the "quality" management you get this days in Blizzard, having all the developers concentrated on one task would probably not help.

Second, minor rant: no Blood Elves. I don't adhere to the idea of Classic servers, but give me BC servers and I'll get there in a split second.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    People have an infuriating need to be right, and this is a prime example.

OT; Nice bait there broseph.
    It's kind a sad how the BFA kids come to this classic forum to tell us we are wrong. I don't like ffxivm, do I go to their forums to tell them they are wrong for enjoying the game? Hell no, why would I?
    Blizzard is Arthas, Activision is Frostmourne, together as Activision-Blizzard they are the Lich King. #FireBobbyKotick

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Same progression we all took from basic games like pac man and tetris, wow on the other hand has no single enticing feature to a modern gamer except the social aspect, which is there for many other Co op games that are better quality and better game play, not to mention social media now scratches that itch for most.

As some one who progressed there 60 year old mum from candy crush onto playing monster hunter world with me. It's not such a dumb thought experiment Considering that's what is gonna need to happen, because the mmo genera is as dead as rts, and as ghost crawler pointed out years ago the #1 reason people leave was lack of time, very few people have left stating a design change on there leaving question, so unless these people magical have more time again it's gonna be from attracting new blood, Otherwise its gonna be a big experiment of what if vanilla wow never toppled ever quest and only had a couple k players
    What? English please.

WoW's enticing feature is that it's WoW. Is this a hard concept to you?
    WoW doesn't run any ads (only at around new expac releases) because WoW doesn't sell like a new release. It's been around for 15 years. People know what the fuck WoW is. Isn't it ironic that you say there are better "quality games" out there and yet those game won't ever reach WoW's day-to-day playerbase?
    WoW is not a co-op game. It's an MMO. People know what the fuck an MMO is and whether they have time/will to play it or not.

I personally don't care about Classic WoW, but its a smart business decision to make private server players pay for the actual game.

They are scared because they don't know Classic. They know that they will level slow as fuck and likely won't make it to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You underestimate the power of a fanbase. Just look at OSRS. I heard it is more popular then the actual Retail runescape.
    Just imagine that in a WOW scale. Vanilla WoW peaked at what 8-9M? That is something BFA will NEVER reach.

I won't be surprised if classic wow, would be more popular then any other MMORPG out there (Except maybe retail wow, but i am 100% sure that retail wow is doing worse then it has ever done before)
    While this would be great, I honestly don't believe that. I think WoW classic will be HUGE!!! success, if it will hold 1mil players long term, but anything above this is pipe dream IMO.

I hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant010 View Post
    It's kind a sad how the BFA kids come to this classic forum to tell us we are wrong. I don't like ffxivm, do I go to their forums to tell them they are wrong for enjoying the game? Hell no, why would I?
    They're 2 entirely different games though, and you don't have them coming here to say how much better FFXIV is over WoW. Classic and BfA are like the great granpa and great grandkid. Same family.

Prefer either one all you like, that's fine, just don't be an obnoxious elitist about it. Not directly aimed at you...apart from the 'bfa kid' part. Stop it. Ain't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    They are scared because they don't know Classic. They know that they will level slow as fuck and likely won't make it to 60.
    Will players be forced to play Classic when it releases or what?
    Why are Classic fans under the impression that people who won't even play that game are scared of it? Most don't care. It's just funny to see players who actually got into the beta whine about it not being as they thought it was gonna be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whos scared of classic again? Only people i keep seein are classic fanbois that are scared it will flop and NEED to tell you that it wont.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    While this would be great, I honestly don't believe that. I think WoW classic will be HUGE!!! success, if it will hold 1mil players long term, but anything above this is pipe dream IMO.

I hope I am wrong.
    1 million active subscribers for a game that was made in 2004, is already a HUGE achievement.
    1M subs is more then 95% of the MMORPG's on the market atm. And the thing is with Classic, i have a feeling it will be a very stable community. even if it's 1M subs. Imagine that you have just 2-3 classic servers with 1M players. They will feel crowded. just like Classic always was.
    While retail WoW will feel as dead as ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Whos scared of classic again? Only people i keep seein are classic fanbois that are scared it will flop and NEED to tell you that it wont.
    I think OP is talking about your buddy

those 5 people that started playing during current expansion shouldn't be that bothersome... or what exactly is a "bfa kid"?

Christ, Classic/Vanilla players that make threads like these are so obnoxious. -.-;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I think OP is talking about your buddy
    Which one?
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

5+ Year Old Account
    BFA “kids” lol.... the need to feel above people who dislike a version of a game you like. The fragile ego.

Isn’t the average age of wow players like 25?.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    People have an infuriating need to be right, and this is a prime example.
    It kills me because there's nothing to even "be right" about.

Classic is coming to get you.

And yes, it bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    BFA “kids” lol.... the need to feel above people who dislike a version of a game you like. The fragile ego.

Isn’t the average age of wow players like 25?.
    If BFA players are childish enough to come to this classic forum to tell us we are wrong for enjoying classic I think calling them kids is justified. Stay on your own forum if you hate classic so much.
    Blizzard is Arthas, Activision is Frostmourne, together as Activision-Blizzard they are the Lich King. #FireBobbyKotick

If BFA players are childish enough to come to this classic forum to tell us we are wrong for enjoying classic I think calling them kids is justified. Stay on your own forum if you hate classic so much.
    I find the most childish attitude to come from classic crowd. They mostly need to shit on bfa or call bfa's player "retailer" so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I find the most childish attitude to come from classic crowd. They mostly need to shit on bfa or call bfa's player "retailer" so on.
    I think most classic players stopped playing and caring about BFA a long time ago, all I see are BFA players talking shit about BFA. Don't blame it on us.

10+ Year Old Account
    We literally have a classic fanboi thread everyday calling people playin bfa "retailers" and in this case childs. You know who else does somethin like that? 12year olds.