View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    I think these are the results for Theresa May's constituency:

https://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/info/200394...ection_results

Change UK - The Independent Group 2,051
    Conservative and Unionist Party, 5,496
    Green Party 4,554
    Labour Party 1,847
    Liberal Democrats 12,769
    The Brexit Party 13,289
    UKIP 580
    Others (personal nominations and misc parties): 296

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Let's hope nobody mentions Autobahn tempo limits. That would grind the environmental train to a screeching halt very suddenly...
    Wasn't that talked about in a cabinet meeting a couple of weeks ago, and the idea killed off about as fast as it arrived?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-05-26 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Wasn't that talked about in a cabinet meeting a couple of weeks ago, and the idea killed off about as fast as it arrived?
    It's a running gag in German politics, really. We're all for saving the environment, but don't touch our Autobahn. For some reason we're as adamant about that as US rednecks about their gun rights. Arguably, both are just as dangerous, you could say.

I don't drive the Autobahn often, and when I do I don't drive much beyond 150... but I will die on this hill if they make it a rule that I can't. :P

Some idiot that wants to gain publicity mentions it every couple of years, just to see how it goes. It's sure to gain attention and... well, I say idiot, because whoever does it is pretty much ending his career the second he utters the last syllable.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

It's a running gag in German politics, really. We're all for saving the environment, but don't touch our Autobahn. For some reason we're as adamant about that as US rednecks about their gun rights. Arguably, both are just as dangerous, you could say.

I don't drive the Autobahn often, and when I do I don't drive much beyond 150... but I will die on this hill if they make it a rule that I can't. :P

Some idiot that wants to gain publicity mentions it every couple of years, just to see how it goes. It's sure to gain attention and... well, I say idiot, because whoever does it is pretty much ending his career the second he utters the last syllable.
    Same, I don't really go faster than 140-150. 150 is fast enough IMO. I did 170 in driving school a couple of times though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Rofl that London result
    Congratulations on Change UK's stellar performance, I'm sure you are glad you donated to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    That's Jeremy Corbyn's constituency, by the way. If that was a by-election or general election result, he'd no longer be an MP.
    Yes and if the last european election had been representative of the general election then UKIP would have won by a landslide.

Guess what? That didn't happen. UKIP didn't win a single seat. Because european elections are not representative of anything that matters. As any one with an IQ in three digits knows...

Helped get the first Green elected to the West Midlands tonight. Feels good man.

Labour getting hammered tonight, a much harder night for them than the Conservatives in some ways. Will be very interested in seeing how Labour fared in reality Vs what was predicted.

Just watching Sky News... it's amazing how they still turn this election, which has NOTHING to do with domestic politics into all about the UK. The Greens MEP lady was just basically cheering the gains of her party and he went on about this is a catastrophe for the conservatives. Dude, why steal her spotlight like that? She didn't join the studio to talk about conservatives... and when she points out the Europe-wide success of the Greens, he kept on talking about Brexit in southwestern England.

I mean, if you keep elevating the Brexit party and talk about them constantly, you are giving them more legitimacy than they deserve. To the British, apparently, this was really a local poll to see if a GE makes sense where other countries just accidentally had a similar vote not connected to the UK at all.

Dangit, it's time for a EU-wide broadcaster. Going back to watching France24 now...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Shut up, Dribs,
    I'm taking these results with a beer and my customary humility. Thanks for the congratulations, it means so much.

you'll be out on November 1st. Nobody cares. :P
    I know, and with no deal. Wonderful.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That'll be the dribbles narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Brexit Party can't get anything but a net plus in terms of the EU election anyway. They literally can't get a negative, they're a brand new party and have nothing to lose lol
    BRexit party (just like UKIP party before) should just be called the cult of Farage. Pretty much everything about it is the same so this whole narrative they try to push as "A new party." i find just a bit of spin. Not just that but the fact the fractured remain vote is hitting above the Brexit vote is telling. If their version of Brexit was what the public wants then surely they should be getting 50% or 60% not 30-35%

- - - Updated - - -

Also lol Allistair Campbell being the damn voice of reason on BBC right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Euronews? It's very decent.
    Euronews tends to be lazy at times and just show uncommentated stuff. I'd like to watch pundits have fun with the results. Watching Euronews now, as France24 seems to tune out now.

The interesting spin out of tonight is coming from the Brexit Party. The new narrative is that UKIP never existed and the complete collapse of the UKIP vote has nothing to do with them. All these Brexit Party votes are in fact brand new people and they didn't just gobble up an old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Also lol Allistair Campbell being the damn voice of reason on BBC right now.
    He's been good lol! Also Sargon didn't get a seat, unsurprising but still funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    He's been good lol! Also Sargon didn't get a seat, unsurprising but still funny.
    Knew he wasn't getting one since the cult of farage bailed on UKIP for Brexit party. Again Brexit party coming with more votes than others. But remain vote beating the leave vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tbh I think NEWS should be as much about objective facts as possible and far less about commentary. Remove the excessive comments and all that is left that is problematic is selection bias.
    I've thought about that for a while. Commentary is important to put things into context. For a while, I toyed with the question of how journalism would look like if you removed adjectives from the reporting. Sounds stupid, but a lot of bias is hidden in those adjectives. Is Farage giving you a condescending grin or just a grin? Different connotation altogether.

Oh shit Francois is on! Gonna have to bail for the next section before he gives me an aneurysm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit Francois is on! Gonna have to bail for the next section before he gives me an aneurysm.
    Don't miss the truth! The Tsunami Brexit party tide is coming in...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The tsunami that somehow doesn't manage to beat the Remain party votes in a low turnout election.

Low energy, sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I'm unimpressed with the Brexit performance tbh. Looking at the swings you haven't done all that well. Adding Conservative and UKIP losses is not equaling Remain gains.

You've done about aswell as was expected. It's utterly unspectacular.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2019-05-26 at 11:04 PM.

OMG somehow he's acting as if a split in remain vote means that somehow mean Brexit is what people want when if you add remain votes together it's a lot more than brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Tories are in an even worse position than I thought. I figured it'd be a Brexit wipe out - hoovering up the UKIP Vote and decimating the Tories, but looking at the numbers in a lot of places, the Tories are losing to both BXP and the Lib Dems. They're alienating everyone.

Labours seemed to have consisently lost to the Greens/LDs, so that's a far clearer message.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    The Tories are in an even worse position than I thought. I figured it'd be a Brexit wipe out - hoovering up the UKIP Vote and decimating the Tories, but looking at the numbers in a lot of places, the Tories are losing to both BXP and the Lib Dems. They're alienating everyone.

Labours seemed to have consisently lost to the Greens/LDs, so that's a far clearer message.
    Yes I think the biggest surprise of the night is disaffected Tories voting Lib Dem or maybe even Green.